View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #541
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Lol! You keep forgetting the condescending finger wag though!

    Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think the point is he didn't actually "discover" anything since the land was already inhabited. Obviously, it had been discovered LONG before CC ever even thought of it. So maybe you could make the case that it was a new discovery to THEM.

    Also, why should he get credit for something he allegedly "discovered" by accident, which he never even realized.
    Why do you argue in circles?
    These idiot arguments have already been addressed.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So maybe you could make the case that it was a new discovery to THEM.

    Do'h!
    Maybe make the case?
    That is the case.

    It is those who try to falsely and idiotically discredit his discovery by saying that people were already there.
    Doesn't matter one bit that people were already there.
    It is still a discovery.

    They also try to falsely and idiotically discredit his discovery by saying Leif Ericson made the discovery before Columbus (which actually shows their first argument is bogus, because they recognize the second.), yet Ericson's discovery did not lead to what Columbus's did. Widespread knowledge, new exploration, trade and the eventual establishment of new Countries.
    Which is exactly why his discovery is honored.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Also, why should he get credit for something he allegedly "discovered" by accident, which he never even realized.
    More circles. Another that was already addressed.
    A discovery by accident is still a discovery.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #543
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    "I'm rubber and you're glue"
    You see things from a juvenile perspective? Interesting.
    And you also act in a juvenile way. Interesting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You don't even know your own argument. You said "LEAD TO". Lead to. That is an open ended term. A lawyer would never use that because you don't know the answer you will get. You don't understand. Ptolemy's wrong calculation LEAD TO the discovery of this land more than Columbus getting on the boat becasuse without the miscalculation Columbus would never have gotten on the boat and sailed in that direction!!!!!!
    Holy Moly! You are the only one here who has shown they don't know their own argument.
    You can't flip that.

    And it is you who obviously doesn't understand, and are again making assumption for which you have no evidence for.
    Like I said; You really have a problem doing that.
    Ptolemaeus did not discover the land. Columbus did.
    Nor can you say that he wouldn't have gotten on a boat. You have no such evidence to support such an assertion.
    Your argument is just more absurdity to try and discredit Columbus's discovery.
    The argument doesn't fly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Whatever.... I am done wtih that one.
    You keep saying crap like this yet it never hold true.
    Lets see if this time it does.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    As already stated, you changed the goal posts since you were wrong.
    Wrong. The goal posts have never changed on this end. It is your assumption which was wrong and shown to be wrong.
    You can't change that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Wrong. Stupid argument. Fail. stupid. Absurd. Oh vey!
    Yes, we know!
    Those all apply to your arguments and assertions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am saying that Columbus did not discover America nor did his discovery lead to the the establishment of the USA.
    And you are wrong because he did discover the land and his discovery lead to it. That is world history that you are idiotically saying is false.
    It has been your arguments that are failures on several levels.
    Columbus's discovery lead to a widespread knowledge of, new exploration, trade and the eventual establishment of new Countries.
    Which is exactly why his discovery is honored.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am done with your stupidity.
    What you really mean to say is that I wont let your stupid assertions and argument stand and you are now crying about it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #544
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why do you argue in circles?
    These idiot arguments have already been addressed.




    Do'h!
    Maybe make the case?
    That is the case.

    It is those who try to falsely and idiotically discredit his discovery by saying that people were already there.
    Doesn't matter one bit that people were already there.
    It is still a discovery.

    They also try to falsely and idiotically discredit his discovery by saying Leif Ericson made the discovery before Columbus (which actually shows their first argument is bogus, because they recognize the second.), yet Ericson's discovery did not lead to what Columbus's did. Widespread knowledge, new exploration, trade and the eventual establishment of new Countries.
    Which is exactly why his discovery is honored.



    More circles. Another that was already addressed.
    A discovery by accident is still a discovery.
    No his whole trips were disasters. That's why he had to buy his way back into the Queen's favor by bringing back slaves and as much loot as he could round up.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No his whole trips were disasters. That's why he had to buy his way back into the Queen's favor by bringing back slaves and as much loot as he could round up.
    More spin.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More spin.
    It's not spin. The guy was an idiot and a killer. It's pretty much embarrassing to celebrate him.

  7. #547
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You see things from a juvenile perspective? Interesting.
    And you also act in a juvenile way. Interesting.


    Holy Moly! You are the only one here who has shown they don't know their own argument.
    You can't flip that.

    And it is you who obviously doesn't understand, and are again making assumption for which you have no evidence for.
    Like I said; You really have a problem doing that.
    Ptolemaeus did not discover the land. Columbus did.
    Nor can you say that he wouldn't have gotten on a boat. You have no such evidence to support such an assertion.
    Your argument is just more absurdity to try and discredit Columbus's discovery.
    The argument doesn't fly.


    You keep saying crap like this yet it never hold true.
    Lets see if this time it does.



    Wrong. The goal posts have never changed on this end. It is your assumption which was wrong and shown to be wrong.
    You can't change that.


    Yes, we know!
    Those all apply to your arguments and assertions.


    And you are wrong because he did discover the land and his discovery lead to it. That is world history that you are idiotically saying is false.
    It has been your arguments that are failures on several levels.
    Columbus's discovery lead to a widespread knowledge of, new exploration, trade and the eventual establishment of new Countries.
    Which is exactly why his discovery is honored.


    What you really mean to say is that I wont let your stupid assertions and argument stand and you are now crying about it.
    I made tacos the other night... damn good. Oh, did you say something intelligent yet? Ummm... nope. Still trying to be clever? Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #548
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's not spin. The guy was an idiot and a killer. It's pretty much embarrassing to celebrate him.
    Yes it is spin whether or not you think he is an idiot or a killer.
    And no it is not embarrassing to celebrate him for his discovery.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #549
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I made tacos the other night... damn good. Oh, did you say something intelligent yet? Ummm... nope. Still trying to be clever? Yep.

    Go figure. Another juvenile response.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #550
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's not spin. The guy was an idiot and a killer. It's pretty much embarrassing to celebrate him.
    It is a completely and utterly idiotic to celebrate him. Only those lacking in many traits positive would do so.

    Acknowledge he opened up an age of discovery? Sure. Hell yes.

    Attempt to indicate that he has anything to do with the USA in order to make him seem more important? ****ing retarded in every literal sense of its meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •