View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #531
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Just as I called it.
    "Your problem is that you think I am saying something I am not."

    You clearly have a real problem with assuming.


    Nope. You are not saying what you mean. In that case one can only assume. Even here you are not saying what you mean. You are trying to be clever though... thinking you have some ace up your sleave when it is pretty obvious that I was right in my assumption and that your argument is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #532
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nope. You are not saying what you mean. In that case one can only assume. Even here you are not saying what you mean. You are trying to be clever though... thinking you have some ace up your sleave when it is pretty obvious that I was right in my assumption and that your argument is idiotic.
    Wrong. I did say what I meant.
    You are wrong for making assumptions.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #533
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong. I did say what I meant.
    You are wrong for making assumptions.
    Now you are talking in circles. I quoted what you said. You said what you meant. I quoted it. You said he discovered the land that lead to the establishment of the USA. I said that he never landed, nor discovered, what would be the United States of America. You have ignored that and said I was wrong and assuming. Then I assumed what you meant. You said I was wrong for assuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #534
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Now you are talking in circles. I quoted what you said. You said what you meant. I quoted it. You said he discovered the land that lead to the establishment of the USA. I said that he never landed, nor discovered, what would be the United States of America. You have ignored that and said I was wrong and assuming. Then I assumed what you meant. You said I was wrong for assuming.
    Yes you are going in circles and are again assuming I said something I didn't.

    This is what I said.
    Two distinct sentences.
    Yes he did discover the land.
    And that discovery lead to the establishment of this Country.
    Both sentences are correct on every single level...


    And yes, you are assuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    So you are saying that he discovered the land where the modern day USA is
    That is not what I said. That is what you assumed I said.
    I said he did discover the land, which he did.
    And his discovery lead to this country being established. That is common knowledge.

    Let me help you out with a picture.

    Now is it clear to you which land he discovered?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #535
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Now is it clear to you which land he discovered?
    And I covered this as well. You think that you are clever when you aren't.

    Ptolemy's calculation error is what led to "that land" being discovered.

    You could also say that Columbus's mother lead to the establishment of America since without her he wouldn't be alive.

    Your argument is supremely sophomoric... and ultimately stupid. Literally stupid.

    To honor him for bumping into an island that others used to eventually discover "America" that was already occupied by people and that later people from a idfferent country than Columbus established America... ****. The argument reflects the author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #536
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Your argument is supremely sophomoric... and ultimately stupid. Literally stupid.
    I see you are again describing your own argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And I covered this as well. You think that you are clever when you aren't.

    Ptolemy's calculation error is what led to "that land" being discovered.
    No, you think you are being clever in using an argument that is stupid.
    As you already know, your argument was previously dismissed as it was stupid.
    Ptolomy did not make the discovery. Columbus did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You could also say that Columbus's mother lead to the establishment of America since without her he wouldn't be alive.
    Ah yes, more absurdity huh?

    And his grand folks for that, and their grand folks for that, etc... all the way back to Adam and Eve, huh?
    Sorry, stupid argument is stupid and reflect the author.
    He made the discovery. Not them.

    Your argument is like giving credit to the queen for the discovery because if it were not for her it wouldn't have happened.
    Or the ship wrights who built the ship, or the sail makers. Problem is they did not make the discovery.
    Columbus did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    To honor him for bumping into an island that others used to eventually discover "America" that was already occupied by people and that later people from a idfferent country than Columbus established America... ****.
    Oy Vey.

    You have spent a whole thread trying to discredit him and now his discovery, a discovery that is know the world over for it's importance.
    You are on a fools errand hand have failed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see you are again describing your own argument.


    No, you think you are being clever in using an argument that is stupid.
    As you already know, your argument was previously dismissed as it was stupid.
    Ptolomy did not make the discovery. Columbus did.



    Ah yes, more absurdity huh?

    And his grand folks for that, and their grand folks for that, etc... all the way back to Adam and Eve, huh?
    Sorry, stupid argument is stupid and reflect the author.
    He made the discovery. Not them.

    Your argument is like giving credit to the queen for the discovery because if it were not for her it wouldn't have happened.
    Or the ship wrights who built the ship, or the sail makers. Problem is they did not make the discovery.
    Columbus did.


    Oy Vey.

    You have spent a whole thread trying to discredit him and now his discovery, a discovery that is know the world over for it's importance.
    You are on a fools errand hand have failed.
    I think the point is he didn't actually "discover" anything since the land was already inhabited. Obviously, it had been discovered LONG before CC ever even thought of it. So maybe you could make the case that it was a new discovery to THEM.

    Also, why should he get credit for something he allegedly "discovered" by accident, which he never even realized.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see you are again describing your own argument.
    '

    Ahhh... the classic, "I'm rubber and you're glue" comeback...

    No, you think you are being clever in using an argument that is stupid.
    As you already know, your argument was previously dismissed as it was stupid.
    Ptolomy did not make the discovery. Columbus did.
    You don't even know your own argument. You said "LEAD TO". Lead to. That is an open ended term. A lawyer would never use that because you don't know the answer you will get. You don't understand. Ptolemy's wrong calculation LEAD TO the discovery of this land more than Columbus getting on the boat becasuse without the miscalculation Columbus would never have gotten on the boat and sailed in that direction!!!!!! Holy Moly!

    Whatever.... I am done wtih that one.

    Ah yes, more absurdity huh?

    And his grand folks for that, and their grand folks for that, etc... all the way back to Adam and Eve, huh?
    Sorry, stupid argument is stupid and reflect the author.
    He made the discovery. Not them.

    Your argument is like giving credit to the queen for the discovery because if it were not for her it wouldn't have happened.
    Or the ship wrights who built the ship, or the sail makers. Problem is they did not make the discovery.
    Columbus did.
    Wrong. As already stated, you changed the goal posts since you were wrong.

    Oy Vey.

    You have spent a whole thread trying to discredit him and now his discovery, a discovery that is know the world over for it's importance.
    You are on a fools errand hand have failed
    Wrong. Stupid argument. Fail. stupid. Absurd. Oh vey!

    I am saying that Columbus did not discover America nor did his discovery lead to the the establishment of the USA. You have a failed argument and I am done with your stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #539
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think the point is he didn't actually "discover" anything since the land was already inhabited. Obviously, it had been discovered LONG before CC ever even thought of it. So maybe you could make the case that it was a new discovery to THEM.

    Also, why should he get credit for something he allegedly "discovered" by accident, which he never even realized.
    Wrong. Absurd. Stupid. Oh Vey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #540
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Wrong. Absurd. Stupid. Oh Vey!
    Lol! You keep forgetting the condescending finger wag though!


Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •