View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #511
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    I vote we have a Genghis Khan Day. Many of us (figures are one in two hundred men) share some of his DNA so that's gotta count for something. The point is not to wring our hands about how that might have come to be, but to take pride in what we are now.

    Genghis Khan Day now!

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Let me just sit back and imagine what it means then...
    Sometimes I really wish we had another kind of smiley finger.

  3. #513
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Dude!! Columbus DID NOT DISCOVER AMERICA.
    Yes he did discover the land.
    And that discovery lead to the establishment of this Country.

    Your problem is that you think I am saying something I am not.
    Which seems to be the usual for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The land that Columbus "discovered" was discovered accidentally due to errors in navigation. He thought he was in the Indies.
    That has no bearing on the fact that he discovered the land and what that discovery lead to.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #514
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I vote we have a Genghis Khan Day. Many of us (figures are one in two hundred men) share some of his DNA so that's gotta count for something. The point is not to wring our hands about how that might have come to be, but to take pride in what we are now.

    Genghis Khan Day now!
    I want to celebrate the guy that discovered the moon. Anybody know who that was because THAT was a discovery. Ooh Ooh... and Tacos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #515
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I want to celebrate the guy that discovered the moon. Anybody know who that was because THAT was a discovery. Ooh Ooh... and Tacos!
    Did he blow the moon up or rape it? If the answer is no I'm not interested.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes he did discover the land.
    And that discovery lead to the establishment of this Country.


    That has no bearing on the fact that he discovered the land and what that discovery lead to.
    Columbus never made it to the shores of any of the American Continent. Please explain how he discovered them if he didn't discover them. You have one of the most seriously stupid arguments that I have ever heard. I mean, get an obscure argument that is correct and run with it. That is great, but it has to be correct! What you are doing is mind numbingly obtuse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #517
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Did he blow the moon up or rape it? If the answer is no I'm not interested.
    Uhhh... He looked up one night. I thought that was pretty significant. Shouldn't he be honored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #518
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes he did discover the land.
    And that discovery lead to the establishment of this Country.

    Your problem is that you think I am saying something I am not.
    Which seems to be the usual for you.


    That has no bearing on the fact that he discovered the land and what that discovery lead to.
    Yes it does, it was discovered due to someone else's navigational errors, and he never even realized what he had actually "discovered."

  9. #519
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your problem is that you think I am saying something I am not.
    Which seems to be the usual for you
    You are saying he discovered the land. We are talking about establishing America. So you are saying that he discovered the land where the modern day USA is. Don't try and be clever and say that he discovered the land that others used as a leaving place to discover the USA land or something, that would mean that my Ptolemy argument is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You are saying he discovered the land. We are talking about establishing America. So you are saying that he discovered the land where the modern day USA is. Don't try and be clever and say that he discovered the land that others used as a leaving place to discover the USA land or something, that would mean that my Ptolemy argument is correct.
    This person always seems to side with the criminal, killer or whatever. Really strange. Maybe he's a defense attorney and just getting some practice.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •