View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #491
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,311

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    None!
    Wrong!!

    He made one a few pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Wrong!!

    He made one a few pages back.

  3. #493
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The issue that you are not making clear is if it takes the majority are the totality to make laws right or wrong.
    Wtf? That hasn't been an issue.
    But it takes neither, or did you not know that. Personal opinion is just that, personal opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You have said that slavery was fine
    That is a misrepresentation of what I stated.

    You have made reference to other things being fine beause not everybody agrees with it.[/QUOTE]More misrepresentation of what I have stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You are making excuses for Columbus because specific murder laws did not apply to those specific natives.
    Wrong. No excuses are needed for action which are legal.
    What he did was legal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You are kinda all over the place, really.
    Says the guy who has been all over the place.
    You are not arguing it was murder, yet you were arguing it was murder all along. Do'h!
    False analogies.

    You weren't arguing legality, but you were arguing legality.
    It was all quoted.

    That is being all over the place and not even knowing what you have argued. Confused.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #494
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Read the two first posts on the thread.
    It isn't there.
    Which was also pointed out to you, as you are assuming.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #495
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Christopher Columbus killed people. Martin Luther King did not. The choice is clear.
    Yes, the choice is clear.
    Columbus over MLK.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It isn't there.
    Which was also pointed out to you, as you are assuming.
    Maybe it was in the link I posted, but I'm definitely not assuming. I read that he was brought up on charges for his actions which would mean they were illegal.

  7. #497
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes, the choice is clear.
    Columbus over MLK.
    Nope, and I'm sure the majority would disagree with you. Us civilized people would vote for MLK Day.

  8. #498
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Columbus had literally NOTHING to do with the United States of America. He never even set foot here.
    We have already been over this. You are wrong.
    His discovery lead to this country being established.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #499
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,311

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wtf? That hasn't been an issue.
    But it takes neither, or did you not know that. Personal opinion is just that, personal opinion.


    That is a misrepresentation of what I stated.

    You have made reference to other things being fine beause not everybody agrees with it.
    More misrepresentation of what I have stated.

    Wrong. No excuses are needed for action which are legal.
    What he did was legal.

    Says the guy who has been all over the place.
    You are not arguing it was murder, yet you were arguing it was murder all along. Do'h!
    False analogies.

    You weren't arguing legality, but you were arguing legality.
    It was all quoted.

    That is being all over the place and not even knowing what you have argued. Confused.
    [/QUOTE]

    So much for trying to have a discussion to clarify things... Hell, since it was quoted it must be correct? Though you are too ****ing ****** to maintain context or perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #500
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Since when does one need credentials to be correct? I am very good at psychology and the law. No credentials.

    Self represented twice in Court. Won both times... against attorneys. I very well could be wrong about you, as this is just an internet discussion.
    The problem is that you are not correct.
    Your last sentence is accurate.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •