View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #381
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I didn't say you should care, did I?

    I was pointing out that your attempts at insulting my age were juvenile and ridiculous.
    My point about your age was not that you are literally a kid but your reasoning is like one... it is a sarcastic comment. Never mind.


    Oy Vey!
    No.
    You started by using that juvenile crap in the first place.
    As I stated, I will throw that crap back in a person's face when given.
    And I did just that, which was a win-win for me because it applied to what you said, and not to what I had said.
    Calling you skippy, or whatever, could be seen as juvenile but is not decidely so.
    Having you parrot back skippy is not throwing crap back in my face... it is ****ing retarded. THAT, is juvenile.

    Sigh!
    Did I say that or did I say; "He declared war on them."
    I am sure I know which one.
    Care to correct yourself?


    Wait.

    Let me catch my breath. Killing is not murder because there was literally no legal code for killing with regards to Natives but declaring war on them does not mean literally declaring war? Is that what you are gonna try and claim?


    On his second trip to Haiti, King Ferdinand replenished his resources and gave him anything he needed to break and conquer the natives. Once he and his crew made it to the island, his demands were met with surprising defiance which allowed him to then declare war on the Arawak tribe; an almost obvious plan. Using vicious and inhumane fighting tactics, Columbus and his Spaniards won the battle. With no luck finding the gold on this trip either, he rounded up approximately 500 Arawak Indians to bring to Spain as slaves and gathered 500 more for the new Spanish government of Haiti to use in the same barbaric manner. They had conquered the Arawak Indians and now declared that Haiti belonged to Spain.
    Christopher Columbus the Barbarian
    And those slave were the spoils of war.
    It is the way things were.
    If you don't like it, that is fine, but it totally different from it being murder or illegal.
    So his war was like Vietnam? Not a real war? You are a vet but don't know what declaring war means? Isn't that boot camp 101 or something?


    Bs! You are wrong and even more wrong.
    Just like you said you weren't arguing it was murder (which as I showed to be false), you also argued the legality of it.

    I swear, you do not know what the hell you are arguing.
    You arguing legality is right there in what I quoted to prove you wrong that you were arguing that it was murder.

    Why don't you just finish this by saying that your real position is you just don't like what he did.
    I can't argue against that as it is just an opinion.
    But keep claiming false facts like it was murder when it wasn't, and I will continue to argue against them.
    An apple was an apple prior to the English word for it.
    A murder was a murder prior to the English legal code describing it as so.
    It can't be any more simple than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh the pain, the pain!

    Yeah, you did.
    Your own words betray you in more ways then one, and show that you are telling an untruth.
    Red to red underline, ridiculous contradiction.
    Blue, to blue, to blue underline, proving you did argue such.




    Next!
    It would be murder under today's laws. Just because it may or may not have been (although he was charged so obviously it was), that does NOT mean that anyone has to accept what he did with a wink and nod. He was a rotten person. End of story.

  3. #383
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It would be murder under today's laws. Just because it may or may not have been (although he was charged so obviously it was), that does NOT mean that anyone has to accept what he did with a wink and nod.
    No it wouldn't be.
    He was allowed to do what he did.
    Under today's laws, doing something you are allowed, is not illegal.

    Which is why it is comparable to Truman actions.
    That is what you are not getting.


    Secondly, it is wrong to judge a person from his time by today's standards.
    You keep forgetting that.
    Had he been under today's laws, he would have acted differently.


    Bottom line is that you really don't know enough about him to judge whether or not he was a rotten person or not.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it wouldn't be.
    He was allowed to do what he did.
    Under today's laws, doing something you are allowed, is not illegal.

    Which is why it is comparable to Truman actions.
    That is what you are not getting.


    Secondly, it is wrong to judge a person from his time by today's standards.
    You keep forgetting that.
    Had he been under today's laws, he would have acted differently.


    Bottom line is that you really don't know enough about him to judge whether or not he was a rotten person or not.
    Lol! IMO, anyone who feed alive people to dogs is pretty much a rotten person.

  5. #385
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    My point about your age was not that you are literally a kid but your reasoning is like one... it is a sarcastic comment. Never mind.
    Never-mind is right, as I think it is your reasoning that is child like.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Calling you skippy, or whatever, could be seen as juvenile but is not decidely so.
    Having you parrot back skippy is not throwing crap back in my face... it is ****ing retarded. THAT, is juvenile.
    Wrong skippy, your complaint here is ****ing retarded.
    Go back and look at what you said, and how it was thrown back.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Let me catch my breath.
    Yes catch your breath because you are again confused.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Killing is not murder because there was literally no legal code for killing with regards to Natives
    No, killing is not murder.
    Are really that ignorant of the word?
    What he did was allowed. It was not murder.
    But let me guess, you are now going to say that you are not arguing that it was murder, right? Although you have already said that it technically isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    but declaring war on them does not mean literally declaring war? Is that what you are gonna try and claim?
    Wtf?
    Here is more of that confusion.
    Did I say he declared war on them, or did I say he didn't?
    I also pointed out that under his declaration that the slaves were spoils of that war which was also allowed.
    Why Are you so confused?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    So his war was like Vietnam? Not a real war? You are a vet but don't know what declaring war means? Isn't that boot camp 101 or something?
    More confusion on your part.
    Did I say he declared war on them, or did I say he didn't?
    Huh?
    If I said he did (like you and I both know I did), where the **** are you coming up with this nonsense about "not a real war"?
    You are not making any sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    An apple was an apple prior to the English word for it.
    A murder was a murder prior to the English legal code describing it as so.
    It can't be any more simple than that.
    Do'h!
    You are warping the truth.
    If killing a native wasn't murder, you can not say it was. That is how the law works.

    If what he did was allowed, it was not murder.


    What you are doing is taking the absurd position that if in the future exploding a nuclear warhead is declared illegal, then Truman's actions are then illegal. Which is hog wash, as they weren't illegal, just as Columbus's actions were not illegal.
    It is that simple.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #386
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Lol! IMO, anyone who feed alive people to dogs is pretty much a rotten person.
    Not from that day and age.
    You are again judging him by today's standards and not his own day's standards.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not from that day and age.
    You are again judging him by today's standards and not his own day's standards.
    I think stuff like that was always kind of looked down upon, don't you?

  8. #388
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think stuff like that was always kind of looked down upon, don't you?
    I am pretty sure it wasn't.
    Think back to the Roman Empire.
    No, it has been that way pretty much our whole existence accept until recently.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #389
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Never-mind is right, as I think it is your reasoning that is child like.
    You got me... you are a really smart guy.

    Wrong skippy, your complaint here is ****ing retarded.
    Go back and look at what you said, and how it was thrown back.
    It was pretty clear. You parroted my words. I said you did. You justified why you did it even saying you were parroting. Now you have some tough guy chip on your shoulder and are calling it, "throwing it in your face ROAR!!!" And there you go again parroting what I said. Are you able to actually think for yourself and come up with something original? Try it. Makes life more interesting.

    Yes catch your breath because you are again confused.
    I am confused as to why you think that you are right, that much is for certain.

    No, killing is not murder.
    Are really that ignorant of the word?
    What he did was allowed. It was not murder.
    But let me guess, you are now going to say that you are not arguing that it was murder, right? Although you have already said that it technically isn't.
    I have been arguing that it is murder all along. Just not by the modern definition of the word. The modern definition is irrelevant to the fact that killing like that has ALWAYS been murder just as an apple has ALWAYS been an apple. Our terminology is irrelevant. Look, you don't get it. I think I might be done with your foolishness on this subject.

    Wtf?
    Here is more of that confusion.
    Did I say he declared war on them, or did I say he didn't?
    I also pointed out that under his declaration that the slaves were spoils of that war which was also allowed.
    Why Are you so confused?
    You said that he declared war on them. That requires a Declaration of War. That requires state approval. Where is the Declaration? They are written documents. Where is the Queens consent? This would be documented. You fail so big it is amazing.


    More confusion on your part.
    Did I say he declared war on them, or did I say he didn't?
    Huh?
    If I said he did (like you and I both know I did), where the **** are you coming up with this nonsense about "not a real war"?
    You are not making any sense.
    The Vietnam War was not a declared war... that is the point that you missed. Some guy can't declare war on a nation. It requires state approval. Your use of terminolgy is so ****ed up.


    Do'h!
    You are warping the truth.
    If killing a native wasn't murder, you can not say it was. That is how the law works.

    If what he did was allowed, it was not murder.
    He went to a foreign land and as such he was subject to their laws and procedures. Do you know that they did not have a law about murder? Most societies and groups of people do...

    What you are doing is taking the absurd position that if in the future exploding a nuclear warhead is declared illegal, then Truman's actions are then illegal. Which is hog wash, as they weren't illegal, just as Columbus's actions were not illegal.
    It is that simple.
    I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LAWS FOR ****ING ****S SAKE!!!

    Jesus ****ing H. Christ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #390
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    I am fine with abolishing Columbus Day, but not for the politically correct reasons. I just don't think it's necessary to begin with.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •