View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Well you are wrong as he wasn't.

    Correcting your false image of him is not defending him. He needs no defense from a crime he didn't commit.

    But there is no problem correcting you and the false propaganda you sadly choose to believe.
    Oh, I see. So now you're claiming that it never happened. Oh okay.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh, I see. So now you're claiming that it never happened. Oh okay.
    More dishonesty on your part huh?
    Figures.

    Did I say it didn't happen, or did I say it wasn't murder?
    Stop being dishonest.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More dishonesty on your part huh?
    Figures.

    Did I say it didn't happen, or did I say it wasn't murder?
    What he did was illegal. THAT is why he was brought up on charges.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What he did was illegal. THAT is why he was brought up on charges.
    You are assuming those where his charges.
    So prove it!

    Secondly, (and repeating myself again because you are obviously not paying attention), He was cleared of the most serious charges. With murder being a most serious charge, he stands cleared of it if he was even charged with it.
    Therefore not a murderer. That is how the law works whether you like it or not.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are assuming those where his charges.
    So prove it!

    Secondly, (and repeating myself again because you are obviously not paying attention), He was cleared of the most serious charges. With murder being a most serious charge, he stands cleared of it if he was even charged with it.
    Therefore not a murderer. That is how the law works whether you like it or not.
    He was a mass murderer. Some kangaroo court from the 15th century doesn't convince me otherwise.

  6. #346
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He was a mass murderer. Some kangaroo court from the 15th century doesn't convince me otherwise.
    As he was allowed to do as he did, you are wrong.
    Exactingly legally does not make one a murder.


    Your position is untenable and only come from some sense of warped bias.
    Harry Truman isn't a mass murderer even though his decision cost many folks their lives. It was legal.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As he was allowed to do as he did, you are wrong.
    Exactingly legally does not make one a murder.
    From all of the things I've read about him, that's exactly what he was and would be considered today.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    From all of the things I've read about him, that's exactly what he was and would be considered today.
    So right back to the other claim. Round and round we go.

    You judge a person by the times they lived in, not be the time we live in now. To do such is inappropriate.


    Your position is untenable and only come from some sense of warped bias.
    Harry Truman isn't a mass murderer even though his decision cost many folks their lives. It was legal.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So right back to the other claim. Round and round we go.

    You judge a person by the times they lived in, not be the time we live in now. To do such is inappropriate.


    Your position is untenable and only come from some sense of warped bias.
    Harry Truman isn't a mass murderer even though his decision cost many folks their lives. It was legal.
    I don't care what your opinion on the matter is. He was a mass murderer and a maniac too. It's warped bias to think a person is a horrible murderer after reading the OP?

  10. #350
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't care what your opinion on the matter is.
    Of course you don't. You obviously don't care about facts either.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He was a mass murderer and a maniac too.
    No he wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's warped bias to think a person is a horrible murderer after reading the OP?
    Yes it is.
    First of all it is a biased one sided hit piece designed to sway the weak minded. It does not represent the whole story.

    Secondly, You are doing exactly what the author wants you to do ... Make assumptions and buy into the propaganda.
    Nowhere did the information show he was even charged with murder. Yet you come away believing it. Duh!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •