View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #331
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right... and an apple wasn't an apple before English came along.

    You are a really really smart person. Honestly...
    Another ridiculous comparison.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #332
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Another ridiculous comparison.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    If it was an apple does that mean that cave men spoke English?

    Go back to grade school, you are out of you depth... but please, don't stop thinking that you are super awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If it was an apple does that mean that cave men spoke English?

    Go back to grade school, you are out of you depth... but please, don't stop thinking that you are super awesome!
    You clearly out of your depth.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #334
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You clearly out of your depth.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    That is the third time you have parroted back my own line against me. Are you really that unimaginative? This IS grade school!!

    Look, I understand your problem. Your mom praised you too much and now you have a complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You clearly out of your depth.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    Your argument doesn't make sense. He was initially charged for murder as noted in the OP.

    http://libertycrier.com/christopher-...-the-murderer/

    By 1498, conditions were so terrible that Spain had to send someone else to govern the colony, and Columbus was arrested. He was transported back to Spain in chains, to stand trial for his crimes. He was stripped of his titles and all claims to the lands that he “discovered.”

  6. #336
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is the third time you have parroted back my own line against me.
    That is because it applies to you.

    You clearly out of your depth.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    mom praised you too much and now you have a complex.
    Is that what your problem is? Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #337
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Your argument doesn't make sense. He was initially charged for murder as noted in the OP.

    Christopher Columbus: The Man, The Myth, The Murderer - Liberty Crier

    By 1498, conditions were so terrible that Spain had to send someone else to govern the colony, and Columbus was arrested. He was transported back to Spain in chains, to stand trial for his crimes. He was stripped of his titles and all claims to the lands that he “discovered.”
    Your argument doesn't make sense.

    Where in what you quoted, or read, does it say he was charged, let alone, convicted of murder?

    Huh?
    Where?

    Let me answer that for you.
    It doesn't.


    What is even more funny than you assuming something not stated, is you injecting yourself into such a conversation when you don't know what you are talking about, and then purposely leave off relevant information from what you quoted, which is dishonesty.


    By 1498, conditions were so terrible that Spain had to send someone else to govern the colony, and Columbus was arrested. He was transported back to Spain in chains, to stand trial for his crimes. He was stripped of his titles and all claims to the lands that he “discovered.” He was later cleared of the most serious charges, but his titles were no longer his to enjoy.
    If he had been charged with the crime of murder (it being one of the most serious charges) he was later cleared, making him not a murderer. Or do you not know that?


    The claim that he is a murderer is nothing but propaganda designed to sway the weak minded.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your argument doesn't make sense.

    Where in what you quoted, or read, does it say he was charged, let alone, convicted of murder?

    Huh?
    Where?

    Let me answer that for you.
    It doesn't.


    What is even more funny than you assuming something not stated, is you injecting yourself into such a conversation when you don't know what you are talking about, and then purposely leave off relevant information from what you quoted, which is dishonesty.



    If he had been charged with the crime of murder (it being one of the most serious charges) he was later cleared, making him not a murderer. Or do you not know that?
    I'm sure it was quite easy for a person to have their charges cleared who had money back then, especially a person who did favors for the queen in the past. It doesn't take a GENIUS to figure out this guy was a scumbag murderer. Not surprising to see YOU defending him.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,092

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You clearly out of your depth.

    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    colombus was latino so he was murderer

    l am glad he wasnt wasp

    they would be defending colombo
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #340
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm sure it was quite easy for a person to have their charges cleared who had money back then, especially a person who did favors for the queen in the past. It doesn't take a GENIUS to figure out this guy was a scumbag murderer. Not surprising to see YOU defending him.
    Well you are wrong, as he wasn't.
    And your dishonesty speaks volumes as to your position.

    Correcting your false image of him is not defending him. He needs no defense from a crime he didn't commit.

    But there is no problem correcting you and the false propaganda you sadly choose to believe.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •