View Poll Results: Abolish Columbus Day, replace it with Bartolomé Day?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 51.69%
  • No

    43 48.31%
Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 573

Thread: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

  1. #321
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am done with your ridiculousness... think what you want.
    Would you like some kleenex?
    We all have seen your position of judging him by today's standards is flawed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Convince Excon of that now... good luck!
    He doesn't need to.
    Being a suck-up does not make one a murderer.
    Duh!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #322
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Would you like some kleenex?
    We all have seen your position of judging him by today's standards is flawed.


    He doesn't need to.
    Being a suck-up does not make one a murderer.
    Duh!
    That was not once my argument. Your inability to understand what I was arguing was clear as day though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That was not once my argument. Your inability to understand what I was arguing was clear as day though.
    I understood clearly what you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Under today's laws it would be murder. Just because those laws were not written yet does not mean it was not murder. Only an uneducated tool would think otherwise.
    That is pretty clear.
    Did you not understand what you said?

    My reply was apt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Under today's laws?
    He was operating under his days laws.
    It wasn't murder.

    Only an uneducated tool would judge him by today's standards.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #324
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I understood clearly what you said.

    That is pretty clear.
    Did you not understand what you said?

    My reply was apt.
    The argument was not about today's laws. The argument was that it is murder anyway. They did not have appropriate murder laws back then. Technically it was not murder but it was murder non-the-less. Killing is killing and terminology regarding that for back then is pretty meaningless. Your argument is pretty stupid actually. Only an uneducated tool wouldn't understand why. Please, humour me with another obvious response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The argument was not about today's laws. The argument was that it is murder anyway. They did not have appropriate murder laws back then. Technically it was not murder but it was murder non-the-less. Killing is killing and terminology regarding that for back then is pretty meaningless. Your argument is pretty stupid actually. Only an uneducated tool wouldn't understand why. Please, humour me with another obvious response.
    Then you must be that uneducated tool you speak of.
    In his days standards he was allowed to do what he did. That is not murder. As you admit, it is killing. Legal killing.

    You are trying to apply today's standards to his time frame. That is wrong.

    Like I said.
    Only an uneducated tool would judge him by today's standards.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #326
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Then you must be that uneducated tool you speak of.
    In his days standards he was allowed to do what he did. That is not murder. As you admit, it is killing. Legal killing.

    You are trying to apply today's standards to his time frame. That is wrong.

    Like I said.
    Only an uneducated tool would judge him by today's standards.
    Rape has happened for thousands of years, even before it was made illegal. Your argument is ****ing stupid. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Rape has happened for thousands of years, even before it was made illegal. Your argument is ****ing stupid. End of story.
    Hop cute you think you made a point.


    You didn't.
    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life. It is the very reason abortion is not murder.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #328
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Hop cute you think you made a point.


    You didn't.
    Your argument is and has been shown to be ****ing stupid.
    There is a difference between killing and murder.
    Killing is the taking of life.
    Murder is the illegal taking of life. It is the very reason abortion is not murder.
    Columbus's killings were legal.

    Sorry you don't like the facts, but they be what they be.
    Nobody is disputing that skippy. Murder is the illegal taking of life while killing is not. Apparently you didn't ge the simplicity of my point... figures. *shrugs*

    Go ahead and think that you are really clever though... the only fan that you have that is bigger than you is your mom, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nobody is disputing that skippy. Murder is the illegal taking of life while killing is not. Apparently you didn't ge the simplicity of my point... figures. *shrugs*

    Go ahead and think that you are really clever though... the only fan that you have that is bigger than you is your mom, huh?
    You are only speaking of yourself skippy.
    You were wrong and shown to be wrong.
    He isn't a murderer.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #330
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    Re: Should we abolish Columbus Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are only speaking of yourself skippy.
    You were wrong and shown to be wrong.
    He isn't a murderer.
    Right... and an apple wasn't an apple before English came along.

    You are a really really smart person. Honestly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •