View Poll Results: How do you believe you would have reacted to Jewish persecution?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would have supported it fully and openly.

    1 1.75%
  • I would have fallen in line and said nothing.

    0 0%
  • I would have said nothing openly, but not actively supported it.

    3 5.26%
  • I would have passively resisted.

    16 28.07%
  • I would have openly resisted and been outspoken against it.

    7 12.28%
  • I would have been willing to put myself physically in harms way to protect them.

    10 17.54%
  • I like to think I would have done #4 thru #6, but probably would have done #2 or #3.

    20 35.09%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 136

Thread: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

  1. #71
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No you are still dancing around, playing on the edge.

    Just simply say what you admitted was your argument but could not actually state:

    "Muslims are inherently violent and terroristic because of their religion."
    That's not precisely what I said.
    QUOTE My post, don't make crap up.
    What are those BS quote signs in Your post?

    I always try and avoid (or point out) the strawman "terrorist" because that word tries to paint/minimize the problem as a Few crazies, when it IS indeed "inherent" in the religion itself.
    But yes, I did say, beyond the Larger problem (which is Literalism to an Intolerant book) they have a "near sweep" in terrorism too.
    Yup.
    What about it?

    Your posts are Jokes. You don't want to/CAN'T debate on substance, you want to get me thrown off or paint me as a bigot without Ever touching Fact 1.

    again
    Many people die EVERY Day in the NAME of Islam.
    And are Cleansed/Persecuted on that same basis by not just individuals but by Muslim country Governments and Mainstream clergy therein.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-10-13 at 06:29 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #72
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If you lived in 1938 Germany... How do you believe you would have reacted to Jewish persecution?
    Probably the same way I deal with the American hatred of Muslims. I wouldn't intentionally put myself in harms way, but I would definitely be outspoken about it.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #73
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    It depends on quite a few factors. Am I being transported back exactly as I am now, 36 with a wife and kid? I'm going to be trying to get the **** out of the country, or "falling in line" in order to protect my family (while I try to get them the hell out of there at least).

    If I'm as I was at 20? I'd like to think I'd resist in some way, if not escape to Britain in order to join their fight.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If you lived in 1938 Germany... How do you believe you would have reacted to Jewish persecution?

    1) I would have supported it fully and openly.
    2) I would have fallen in line and said nothing.
    3) I would have said nothing openly, but not actively supported it.
    4) I would have passively resisted.
    5) I would have openly resisted and been outspoken against it.
    6) I would have been willing to put myself physically in harms way to protect them.
    7) I like to think I would have done #4 thru #6, but probably would have done #2 or #3.

    I purposely did not include "Other" as an option this time, as that is a cop-out for this question. If you cannot answer given the range of options above, you're participation is not really necessary.

    ETA: Please note that the question is intended to be from a non-Jewish perspective.
    What about the persecution of Jews that was taking place all over Europe before 1938 like in France and Poland ? It just wasn't a German thing, it was going on for hundreds of years all across Europe.

    Then there was the "Madagascar Plan." -> Madagascar Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Madagascar Virtual Jewish Tour | Jewish Virtual Library

    Even FDR prevented German Jews refuges from landing on American soil. -> The Tragedy of S.S. St. Louis | Jewish Virtual Library

  5. #75
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    My goodness -- To be made a moderator despite being such a newbie. I'm impressed.

    While you were at mod school,did they teach you anything about derailing threads, by any chance, though? The topic of this thread is about what people would do were they in Nazi Germany in 1938.

    I didn't notice anything in there asking people to come up with the most stupid comparisons they could possibly create in order to make it about present day Muslims, instead.
    Um, I did not bring up Muslims, nor was I the one making the same arguments used by NAZI's against the Jews now being posted against Muslims.

    I mean.....the irony just escapes you.....and Mr B.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #76
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, I did not bring up Muslims, nor was I the one making the same arguments used by NAZI's against the Jews now being posted against Muslims.

    I mean.....the irony just escapes you.....and Mr B.
    Nobody is making the same arguments as the Nazis.

    If there is any irony here, it lies in the fact that completely uneducated individuals are trying to lecture those who have actually studied the Holocaust.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #77
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Absolute straw, I said you are making the same false arguments that German Fascists used to demonize the Jews. You are using a guilt by association argument and you are getting close to saying that Muslims have an inherent predilection to terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I am saying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Go ahead then and take the next step and say that Muslims have an inherent predilection to killing...or other terrorist acts. I dare you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I already said it and have backed it SCORES of times on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No you are still dancing around, playing on the edge.

    Just simply say what you admitted was your argument but could not actually state:

    "Muslims are inherently violent and terroristic because of their religion."
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    That's not precisely what I said.
    I know you won't state it clearly now because yo are coming around to understanding it is hate speech. You agree with the idea when i characterize it.....but you won't bring yourself to actually repeating the words.

    As I said, you are just dancing around, but it is clear what you want to say.

    And again, the irony escapes you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #78
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know you won't state it clearly now because yo are coming around to understanding it is hate speech. You agree with the idea when i characterize it.....but you won't bring yourself to actually repeating the words.
    As I said, you are just dancing around, but it is clear what you want to say.
    And again, the irony escapes you.
    You're Lying again.

    1. I've even offered/conceded to go with just go with "inherently" to help you make your otherwise Non-case.
    And what is your response?
    I've also elaborated/laid out my position on the "terrorist" strawman.

    2. What Precisely are you saying is "Hate Speech".
    QUOTE THOSE WORDS EXACTLY PLEASE.

    3. Is what I've said (and you allege is "Hate Speech") True?
    Tell me Why/How it isn't true or Concede the point.

    4. Your post is NOT responsive to my #71 at the top of this page. Anything?
    Yup, I said "inherent" and "near sweep" on terrorism.

    Numbered 1-4 for easy but nonevasive reply.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-10-13 at 07:00 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  9. #79
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Nobody is making the same arguments as the Nazis.
    Right, you previously made a guilt by association argument (Muslims are terrorists, the NAZI's made the same argument against Jews, and it was based on religion) and you implied Muslims are inherently violent because of their religion.

    If there is any irony here, it lies in the fact that completely uneducated individuals are trying to lecture those who have actually studied the Holocaust.
    I'm afraid when you don't see your own negative bias against members of a certain religion, it then is pointless to even take someone as being serious when they try to claim some kind of expertise religious persecution.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    This is impossible for me to answer. My diverse, multi-cultural upbringing is clouding my ability to imagine myself as an average German citizen in 1938. I like to think that I would have been smart enough to see through the propaganda and brave enough to openly resist, but hindsight is 20/20 right? I don't see how I can honestly answer this question. There's just no way for me to know what kind of person I would have been.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •