View Poll Results: How do you believe you would have reacted to Jewish persecution?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would have supported it fully and openly.

    1 1.75%
  • I would have fallen in line and said nothing.

    0 0%
  • I would have said nothing openly, but not actively supported it.

    3 5.26%
  • I would have passively resisted.

    16 28.07%
  • I would have openly resisted and been outspoken against it.

    7 12.28%
  • I would have been willing to put myself physically in harms way to protect them.

    10 17.54%
  • I like to think I would have done #4 thru #6, but probably would have done #2 or #3.

    20 35.09%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 136

Thread: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

  1. #51
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Absolute straw, I said you are making the same false arguments that German Fascists used to demonize the Jews. You are using a guilt by association argument and you are getting close to saying that Muslims have an inherent predilection to terrorism.
    I am saying it.
    The religion does indeed have an inherent component of/predilection for intolerance and violence.
    (But please spare us the strawman word 'terrorism', though they are hugely over-represented/near-sweep in that field too. But no, Not "all muslims are terrorists". Doh)
    It's scriptural and degree of piety towards that scripture.

    Many People die EVERY Day in the Name of Islam. Make my day.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-10-13 at 05:14 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #52
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I pointed out many ENORMOUS differences between the situation vis a vis the Nazis and Jews with the situation today regarding Muslims and the west.
    You created a false narrative by denying that the NAZI's went after Jews based on their religion. Anti-semitism is based on religion. The anti Muslim feelings you and others in the US have is based on the religious identifier. It is NOT about ethnicity.

    Neither your own extremely dishonest agenda nor that of the individual who subverted this thread by trying to make it about Muslims has any bearing on the issue.
    The issue? If the issue is one group who wants to persecute another group based on their religion....

    Get an education. It may help prevent you from saying as many ridiculous things as you do.
    This is ironic coming from someone who believes NAZI persecution of the Jews was not based on the religious identifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,194

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Who can say for certain. I believe that I would resist in some way if I thought I could get away with it, but I seriously doubt I would've been so outspoken or actively resist enough to put myself into grave danger.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  4. #54
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    It happens to be the subject of this thread as posed in the o.p.
    Seriously? You're going to give me crap about extending a pretty serious answer to cover the entire time period in which the Jews were persecuted?

    The Nazi's pogrom against the Jews began in 1933. It started with hate filled rhetoric, and slowly transitioned into thuggery. The extermination of the Jews didn't begin until 1941, and the Final Solution wasn't implemented until 1942. I really don't see the problem of extending my answer to cover the entirety of the Third Reich.

    Sheesh.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The religion does indeed have an inherent component of intolerance and violence.
    Go ahead then and take the next step and say that Muslims have an inherent predilection to killing...or other terrorist acts. I dare you.
    (But please spare us the strawman word 'terrorism', though they are hugely over-represented/near-sweep in that field too. But no, Not "all muslims are terrorists". Doh)
    It's scriptural and degree of piety towards that scripture.
    I did not bring up the terrorist moniker......read better.

    Many People die EVERY Day of Islam. Make my day.
    There you go you are almost there.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I am saying it.
    No, you did not...again I dare you to explicitly say that Muslims, due to their religion, have an inherent predilection for violence and or terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #57
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Go ahead then and take the next step and say that Muslims have an inherent predilection to killing...or other terrorist acts. I dare you. a regular on this topic
    I did not bring up the terrorist moniker......read better.
    I already said it and have backed it SCORES of times on this board.
    You are Not a regular on the topic.

    There you go you are almost there.
    I am 100% there.
    Your Empty and ominous innuendo, that holding such an opinion is unthinkable/irrational/bigoted, is just an Empty opinion.

    I repeat: Many people die EVERY Day in the NAME of Islam.
    And are Cleansed/Persecuted on that same basis by not just individuals but by Muslim country Governments and Mainstream clergy therein.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-10-13 at 05:21 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  8. #58
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I already said it and have backed it SCORES of times on this board.
    You are Not a regular on the topic.

    I am 100% there.
    Your Empty and ominous innuendo, that holding such an opinion is unthinkable/irrational/bigoted, is just an Empty opinion.

    I repeat: Many people die EVERY Day in the NAME of Islam.
    And are Cleansed/Persecuted on that same basis.
    That is hate speech:

    18. Hate Messages - Hate Messages delivered via threads, posts, signatures, or PM's are forbidden at Debate Politics. The Moderator Team defines a hate message as a comment using one of the following towards a “protected group” or an individual based on their identity in a “protected group” in an extreme manner:

    A) The support for or a call for violence.
    B) The suggestion of removal of essential civil liberties.
    C) Claims of severe dehumanization.
    D) Claims of illegal behavior across the entire group.

    Protected groups under this rule:
    a) Race
    b) Ethnicity
    c) Religion (also atheists)
    d) Sexual orientation
    e) National origin
    f) Gender (including transgendered)
    g) Disability


    You are in violation of the forum rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #59
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That is hate speech:

    18. Hate Messages - Hate Messages delivered via threads, posts, signatures, or PM's are forbidden at Debate Politics. The Moderator Team defines a hate message as a comment using one of the following towards a “protected group” or an individual based on their identity in a “protected group” in an extreme manner:

    A) The support for or a call for violence.
    B) The suggestion of removal of essential civil liberties.
    C) Claims of severe dehumanization.
    D) Claims of illegal behavior across the entire group.

    Protected groups under this rule:
    a) Race
    b) Ethnicity
    c) Religion (also atheists)
    d) Sexual orientation
    e) National origin
    f) Gender (including transgendered)
    g) Disability

    You are in violation of the forum rules.
    WRONG.
    I specifically Cleared those phrases when it was being discussed:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedba...post1061996215
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig
    .....
    So my questions:
    1. If one were to say, and Many have, "Islam is inherently violent", or "Islam is Inordinately violent", or the Wilders-esque "the Koran reads like Mein Kampf"; are any of those Now in violation?

    2. Is this string/OP which Claims there are Racial differences in IQ still legal?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/scienc...c-w-957-a.html
    Kal wanted an answer to MY questions too:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedba...post1061996274
    CC Gave it.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedba...post1061996376
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy
    And as an aside, no example that I have seen posted in this thread would be considered EXTREME.
    Further, you had NO Factual comeback to My statements.
    NONE whatsoever.
    Trying to Legislate/Rule-out the TRUTH,
    DESPICABLE, you Lose on Two fronts.
    Tho you do have a shot at at Empty/Emptiest PC of the year award.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-10-13 at 05:40 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  10. #60
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Majority people would of played along its human nature.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •