View Poll Results: How do you believe you would have reacted to Jewish persecution?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would have supported it fully and openly.

    1 1.75%
  • I would have fallen in line and said nothing.

    0 0%
  • I would have said nothing openly, but not actively supported it.

    3 5.26%
  • I would have passively resisted.

    16 28.07%
  • I would have openly resisted and been outspoken against it.

    7 12.28%
  • I would have been willing to put myself physically in harms way to protect them.

    10 17.54%
  • I like to think I would have done #4 thru #6, but probably would have done #2 or #3.

    20 35.09%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 136

Thread: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

  1. #41
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I see. You are saying that these Muslims are bad dudes. Hmmm, apparently not the same as being demonized. I can't get my head up my rectum to see your point of view. I'll keep trying.
    I'm not sure where your head is at, but it certainly isn't in any sort of place that allows any information to come in.

    Are you one of the regular users of the conspiracy forum by any chance? That forum draws those similar to you for whom the world is only what they imagine it to be.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #42
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Most of the Jews I have known did or their parents had.
    That's how you know them

    Because they left
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #43
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Good grief, the extent some people will go to in order to draw entirely specious comparisons

    For starters, Jews were persecuted as an ethnicity. Muslims are not an ethnicity.
    Of course Muslims have shared ethnic components to their varied sects. There is no definitive divide between religion/culture/ethnicity, it is all intertwined.
    Jews were not involved in international terrorism.
    According to NAZI propaganda they were and it was a matter of their culture/ethnicity/religion.
    Muslims are.
    This is you creating the same false argument as the NAZI's. It is guilt by association.
    Jews do not proselytize.
    So what, so do "christians".
    Islam was spread through proselytization and violent conquest.
    So was "christianity".
    Jews are a tiny minority. Muslims are not.
    Again...so what?

    and most importantly, a significant number of Muslims ARE the modern day Nazis when it comes to beliefs towards Jews, especially among the Muslim Brotherhood and other groups who were actively aligned with Nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's.
    And there you are back to the same false argument again. You were saying something about %, so what % of Muslims are "terrorists"......and what difference does that make?

    Are you trying to argue that Muslims have an inherent disposition to terrorism?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #44
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Of course Muslims have shared ethnic components to their varied sects. There is no definitive divide between religion/culture/ethnicity, it is all intertwined. According to NAZI propaganda they were and it was a matter of their culture/ethnicity/religion. This is you creating the same false argument as the NAZI's. It is guilt by association.So what, so do "christians". So was "christianity". Again...so what?

    And there you are back to the same false argument again. You were saying something about %, so what % of Muslims are "terrorists"......and what difference does that make?

    Are you trying to argue that Muslims have an inherent disposition to terrorism?
    If you are really so ignorant and deluded that you suffer from the impression that referring to an ethnicity is a sign that a person is somehow creating the same argument as the Nazis, there is absolutely no hope of engaging in any sort of intelligent conversation.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Except, of course, in 1938 Germany was not at war on two fronts. They weren't even at war on one front. They weren't at war at all.
    I'm pretty sure that I never mentioned 1938.

    The extermination of the Jews didn't begin until 1941, and the Final Solution wasn't implemented until 1942. The Nazi's pogrom against the Jews began in 1933.

    I took the liberty of extending the question to cover the entirety of the mistreatment against the Jews.

  6. #46
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I never mentioned 1938.

    .
    It happens to be the subject of this thread as posed in the o.p.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #47
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    If you are really so ignorant and deluded that you suffer from the impression that referring to an ethnicity is a sign that a person is somehow creating the same argument as the Nazis, there is absolutely no hope of engaging in any sort of intelligent conversation.
    Absolute straw, I said you are making the same false arguments that German Fascists used to demonize the Jews. You are using a guilt by association argument and you are getting close to saying that Muslims have an inherent predilection to terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #48
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Absolute straw, I said you are making the same false arguments that German Fascists used to demonize the Jews. You are using a a guilt by association argument and you are getting close to saying that Muslims have an inherent predilection to terrorism.
    I pointed out many ENORMOUS differences between the situation vis a vis the Nazis and Jews with the situation today regarding Muslims and the west.

    Neither your own extremely dishonest agenda nor that of the individual who subverted this thread by trying to make it about Muslims has any bearing on the issue.

    Get an education. It may help prevent you from saying as many ridiculous things as you do.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #49
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    There's something anachronistic about this thread that makes even an honest answer useless.

    I answered that, "I would have been willing to put myself physically in harms way to protect them".

    And I would have, if we were transplanting our 2013 American "ethics" back to 1938 Germany along with our physical selves.

    Wouldn't be the first time I put my ass on the line for people who generally don't appreciate the fact that there are people willing to put their ass on the line for others (note how many people voted "I would have run away" in this poll, many people aren't even willing to put their ass on the line where they, themselves, are concerned).

    But if I were just a run of the mill German, with run of the mill German ethics, back in 1938 I probably wouldn't have cared all that much and it's as likely as not I would have joined in with the pogrom.

    Not because I think badly of Jews today, but because if I were a European citizen in 1938 I wouldn't have felt any more affinity toward a Jew than I did toward a feral cat.

    Likewise, today I think it's outrageous that the United States rounded up Japanese citizens and sent them to their own concentration camps, but if I had been an American citizen in 1942 I doubt I would have batted an eye.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  10. #50
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Without guns and ammunition, your options would have been limited to suicide missions. What the Hell could you have done to object, write a strongly worded letter to Hitler?

    That is why Obama wants our guns and that is why Obama will never get our guns.

    The same is true of the United Nations.
    Last edited by Ray410; 10-10-13 at 05:09 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •