View Poll Results: How do you believe you would have reacted to Jewish persecution?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would have supported it fully and openly.

    1 1.75%
  • I would have fallen in line and said nothing.

    0 0%
  • I would have said nothing openly, but not actively supported it.

    3 5.26%
  • I would have passively resisted.

    16 28.07%
  • I would have openly resisted and been outspoken against it.

    7 12.28%
  • I would have been willing to put myself physically in harms way to protect them.

    10 17.54%
  • I like to think I would have done #4 thru #6, but probably would have done #2 or #3.

    20 35.09%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 136

Thread: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

  1. #91
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    oh the german people knew about what was going on. there were death camps set up right next to cities and people saw the jews being marched to the camps after they arrived on the trains.
    I used to say that too, but I don't now. My mother became friends with a wonderful German lady who married an American GI, and I really thought about her, "Ya, all the Germans say they didn't know. "

    Except that I learned at this lady's funeral two years ago that she really didn't know. She didn't live in a city; she lived on a farm near a village.

    I also learned that the person I thought I had known so well was truly unknown to me. At her funeral I heard for the first time how the Russians stormed through, shooting everyone in sight, including her father. She, her brother, and her mother fled into the woods with literally nothing but the clothes on their backs and didn't discover that the others were alive until after war.

    She did what she had to do to survive, and it doesn't take much imagination to figure out what a girl of 16 had to offer. But she learned English quickly and so well that she became useful to the Allies and eventually worked as a translator. And met her husband, came here, started over, and never spoke again ever of her life in Germany.

    Sharing this because I hope it's instructive in a "Don't judge--you never know..." way.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Speaking any sort of truth is engaging in guilt by association, now, is it?
    Americans have committed acts of terrorism, are all Americans terrorists? Are Americans prone to acts of terrorism because of their Americanism?

    Is this the sort of crap they are teaching you at your Madrassa these days or something?
    See now, this is just more evidence of your Islamophobia.

    And the irony of you making any comments about the persecution of certain religious groups still escapes you!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #93
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Americans have committed acts of terrorism, are all Americans terrorists? Are Americans prone to acts of terrorism because of their Americanism?

    See now, this is just more evidence of your Islamophobia.

    And the irony of you making any comments about the persecution of certain religious groups still escapes you!
    I made two statements of fact. I said that in 1938 Jews were not involved in international terrorism. I said that today Muslims are, which is also a fact. Now, just because you react with hysteria and start flinging idiotic crap this way and that, the facts remain.

    I must thank you,however, for confirming a long held theory I have had in regarding the inverse relationship between many people's chosen user name and their actual pattern of behavior. Far from wanting people to give you truth, the entire notion seems anathema to you.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #94
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I made two statements of fact. I said that in 1938 Jews were not involved in international terrorism. I said that today Muslims are, which is also a fact. Now, just because you react with hysteria and start flinging idiotic crap this way and that, the facts remain.

    I must thank you,however, for confirming a long held theory I have had in regarding the inverse relationship between many people's chosen user name and their actual pattern of behavior. Far from wanting people to give you truth, the entire notion seems anathema to you.
    Um, stating "facts" is not finding a "truth", the truth of the matter is that you still cannot bring yourself to recognize that one cannot logically hold to Islamophobia and have an understanding of religious persecution.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #95
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Americans have committed acts of terrorism, are all Americans terrorists? Are Americans prone to acts of terrorism because of their Americanism?
    F!nally, at least a weak Attempt at meat/justification.
    This will backfire even worse than your nebulous nonsense.

    It would depend on WHY Those "Americans" committed terror acts of course!
    If ie, as well more often than not, they were Muslim-Americans attempting to commit the acts against the USA in the NAME of Islam that would show how absurd your analogy is.

    That would be 50 Foiled plots (and more than 100 arrests) in/against America since 9/11.
    50 Terror Attacks Foiled Since 9/11
    Not including 'Successful' plots like Fort Hood.
    Ouch.

    And how many other terror attacks by [non-Muslim] 'Americans' do you allege? Over what period? V whom?
    To make a generalization like "inherent" or "Inordinate" one needs... well.. Inordinately Large numbers with an Inherent Theme of course.

    Is it Several Hundred Dead Every Week..... and 1500-2000 DEAD EVERY Month as is the case for terror acts In The Name of Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheReligionofPeace.com

    Weekly Jihad Report
    Sep 27 - Oct 04


    Jihad Attacks: 55
    Allahu Akbars*: 10 (Suicide attacks)
    Dead Bodies: 430
    Critically Injured: 1086
    -
    -
    Monthly Jihad Report
    September, 2013


    Jihad Attacks: 233
    Countries: 19
    Religions: 5
    Dead Bodies: 2005
    Critically Injured: 3079
    Details of Just the last 30 DAYS Til yesterday.
    [http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks]
    and only those committed by Islam against other religions orother sects of Islam
    [http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.htm]
    Yup another 200 Jihad Attack Month.

    and remember, this is Thematic (inherent), (inordinate), Violence Worldwide in Islam's Name, Not street or other crime.

    Comparables for other religions please?
    If not you're going to have to eat some stuff.
    More people Die in the NAME of Islam Many Single Days than have died from abortion clinic violence in 30 YEARS.

    These Facts are why I wanted to get you into a tangible debate.
    It's Wildly/Inordinately/Infinitely More Violent and it's Worldwide/Inherent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmeesometruth
    See now, this is just more evidence of your Islamophobia.
    Same website:
    Islamophobe (is-slahm-o-fohb) - A non-Muslim who knows more than they are supposed to know about Islam.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-10-13 at 11:06 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #96
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Americans have committed acts of terrorism, are all Americans terrorists?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    It would depend on WHY Those "Americans" committed terror acts of course!
    No no.....I asked: if by guilt of association are ALL AMERICANS also terrorists because of one or more American terrorists. You keep avoiding the question.

    Are Americans prone to acts of terrorism because of their Americanism?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    It would depend on WHY Those "Americans" committed terror acts of course!
    I gave you the "why"....because of their Americanism. Again, you seem to be implying but avoiding the direct question, "Are Muslims inherently violent because of their religion?".

    Try again, Mr backfire.

    Islamophobe (is-slahm-o-fohb) - A moron who knows next to nothing about Islam.
    Fixed it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #97
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, stating "facts" is not finding a "truth", the truth of the matter is that you still cannot bring yourself to recognize that one cannot logically hold to Islamophobia and have an understanding of religious persecution.
    Ah -- so you simply indulge in a personal attack by using a recently made up term rather than displaying even a scintilla of knowledge, understanding or intelligence.

    Got it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #98
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Ah -- so you simply indulge in a personal attack by using a recently made up term rather than displaying even a scintilla of knowledge, understanding or intelligence.

    Got it.
    LOL...you falsely accuse me of ad hominem while you indulge in it!

    Classic!

    Tell me again how the NAZI's did not go after Jews due to their religion. Knowledge, understanding and intelligence...indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #99
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL...you falsely accuse me of ad hominem while you indulge in it!

    Classic!

    Tell me again how the NAZI's did not go after Jews due to their religion. Knowledge, understanding and intelligence...indeed.
    The Nazi persecution of Jews was not because of the religion of Judaism.

    You should try learning a little bit about subjects before making all these incredibly ignorant and unintelligent postings.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #100
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: If you lived in 1938 Germany...[W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No no.....I asked: if by guilt of association are ALL AMERICANS also terrorists because of one or more American terrorists. You keep avoiding the question.
    And I NEVER Said "all muslims are terrorists"
    In fact, I Specifically Warned against that BS Strawman MORE Than once in our exchange.
    WTF!
    Yet, because of Obtuseness, or more likely Dishonesty, you try it anyway.
    From my FIRST Post to you.
    Top of Page 6, #51
    mbig: "(But please spare us the strawman word 'terrorism', though they are hugely Over-represented/near-sweep in that field too. But no, Not "all muslims are terrorists". Doh)"

    I said Muslims are Inherently/INORDINATELY Violent and Intolerant and a "near-sweep" in Terrorist count.
    And My Links Back me.
    They are Wildly and Disproportionately So.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimme

    I gave you the "why"....because of their Americanism.
    Again, you seem to be implying but avoiding the direct question, "Are Muslims inherently violent because of their religion?".
    Try again, Mr backfire.
    Fixed it for you.
    What the hell are you talking about.
    NAME The Terror attacks committed because they were "Americanist". How many? There are 200 Muslim terror attacks a MONTH.
    I gave you THOUSANDS because Muslims were Islamist.

    In fact there are more 'American' Muslim Terrorists that any other 'American' Terrorists combined.
    I Linked 50 such plots Since 9/11 alone.
    AGAIN, How many for other Americans?
    Not to mention the Worldwide/Inherent/Thematic Jihad.

    You are beneath Incoherent. Really.. The posts too Obtuse to debate.
    So I just hold them up for the abuse they deserve
    Last edited by mbig; 10-11-13 at 01:04 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •