View Poll Results: Which is more important?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who shut down the Fed?

    3 15.00%
  • The economic results

    17 85.00%
  • Not sure

    0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: What's more important?

  1. #21
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    So, what's more important? Is it this petty blame game of who shut down the Fed, or the economic effects it's having?
    Obama And Boehner's Shutdown Is Destroying Investors' Confidence In The Market - Forbes
    Dow Jones is on the way back up so I guess it isn't that bad.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, as usual, your partisan blinders are glued to your face. You didn't read what I wrote and what I said about the financing issues of Obamacare and how the Dems won't even discuss it. This is, as I said, a dual issue. It's always nice to see how consistent you are, sawyer. I present both sides of the issue, and you only read ONE side of what I write and are incapable of seeing the entirety of the situation. This is defines your partisan blindness. I appreciate you exposing it for everyone so clearly.
    Sometimes there is a right and a wrong, a black and a white and your attempting to get the blame squarely off dems by trying to basically use the standard lib line of "so what, everyone does it" is proof of your bias. Facts are facts and the fact is Reps want to negotiate while dems refuse to even talk so this is their shut down, they own it.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Sometimes there is a right and a wrong, a black and a white and your attempting to get the blame squarely off dems by trying to basically use the standard lib line of "so what, everyone does it" is proof of your bias. Facts are facts and the fact is Reps want to negotiate while dems refuse to even talk so this is their shut down, they own it.
    Black and white cases are rare and this isn't one. Those that try to reduce this situation to black or white do so because they are unable to see the blame that their side has. This is precisely what you are doing... and you are doing a great job of showing your partisanship. All you are doing is trying to avoid the fact that the Reps are holding the US hostage because they are still sobbing about losing with Obamacare... both legislatively and judicially. The Reps want to negotiate with something that they don't actually have. The Dems refuse to notice that what they have isn't completely workable and needs to be relooked at. Both sides have dug their heals in and have decided that it is more important to be stick it to the other guy than to care about the population. The fact that you cannot see this demonstrates that you are part of the problem... and with every post you make, you show this more and more strongly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Black and white cases are rare and this isn't one. Those that try to reduce this situation to black or white do so because they are unable to see the blame that their side has. This is precisely what you are doing... and you are doing a great job of showing your partisanship. All you are doing is trying to avoid the fact that the Reps are holding the US hostage because they are still sobbing about losing with Obamacare... both legislatively and judicially. The Reps want to negotiate with something that they don't actually have. The Dems refuse to notice that what they have isn't completely workable and needs to be relooked at. Both sides have dug their heals in and have decided that it is more important to be stick it to the other guy than to care about the population. The fact that you cannot see this demonstrates that you are part of the problem... and with every post you make, you show this more and more strongly.
    I'm talking facts while you spout opinion and once again the fact is Reps have offered to negotiate while Dems have picked up their ball and gone home. The only way you can possibly blame Reps is to say they should just do whatever Dems say and not risk a shut down. Libs like to say obamacare is settled law, get over it while at the same time doing everything they can to change our immigration policy which is also "settled law" so they deed to STFU on that line of BS.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I'm talking facts while you spout opinion and once again the fact is Reps have offered to negotiate while Dems have picked up their ball and gone home. The only way you can possibly blame Reps is to say they should just do whatever Dems say and not risk a shut down. Libs like to say obamacare is settled law, get over it while at the same time doing everything they can to change our immigration policy which is also "settled law" so they deed to STFU on that line of BS.
    You're not talking facts. You're talking rhetoric. The Reps have offered to negotiate with a car they don't own. That's not negotiation, that's dishonesty. Obamacare is law. The Reps don't like that. Too bad. Negotiate current funding issues, not stopping the implementation. By doing the latter, the Reps are holding the US people hostage. Now, of course you can't see this because you are incapable of seeing the blame on your side of the issue. I, of course, have already pointed on the blame on the Dem side. And, your presentation of immigration is a red herring and another matter. Do remember that two wrongs don't make a right.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You're not talking facts. You're talking rhetoric. The Reps have offered to negotiate with a car they don't own. That's not negotiation, that's dishonesty. Obamacare is law. The Reps don't like that. Too bad. Negotiate current funding issues, not stopping the implementation. By doing the latter, the Reps are holding the US people hostage. Now, of course you can't see this because you are incapable of seeing the blame on your side of the issue. I, of course, have already pointed on the blame on the Dem side. And, your presentation of immigration is a red herring and another matter. Do remember that two wrongs don't make a right.
    Obamacare as it stands today is not the law that was originally passed. Obama himself has opened the door to this line of questioning with his granting wavers, exemptions and delays to his friends and for political reasons. The Reps have every right in the world to put their two cents in and look for delays for us citizens too or to question the wavers and exemptions Obama unilaterally handed out like some kind of king.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: What's more important?

    The "shutdown", which doesn't really shut much down, is a nuisance and an unnecessary expense. The real damage will come if and when the government defaults.

    Who is to blame? Look in the mirror. We're the ones who elected the current crop of partisan extremists who would rather rant, leap, hoot, and point fingers of blame than take care of the nation's business.

    What we should do is make it clear that this silly and destructive political gamesmanship is to end soon, and without a default, or we will vote against every incumbent in the next couple of elections, then make it stick.

    But, alas, we won't. The Congresscritters who are playing these games know that their districts are so gerrymandered that they have enough voters who buy into the "it's the other guys" nonsense that they'll be reelected no matter what.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obamacare as it stands today is not the law that was originally passed. Obama himself has opened the door to this line of questioning with his granting wavers, exemptions and delays to his friends and for political reasons. The Reps have every right in the world to put their two cents in and look for delays for us citizens too or to question the wavers and exemptions Obama unilaterally handed out like some kind of king.
    This is a budget issue with something that is law. It would be like the Reps demanding to delay further implementation of Social Security to "put their two cents in". Discuss funding the law. Implementation is off the table based on law. By going this route, they hold the US citizenry hostage for a political agenda.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: What's more important?

    Btw, sawyer... your posts in this thread have shown that for you, what's most important is blaming the Democrats, not the economic results. I do hope you voted accordingly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: What's more important?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Btw, sawyer... your posts in this thread have shown that for you, what's most important is blaming the Democrats, not the economic results. I do hope you voted accordingly.
    As I said earlier, knowing which party wants to use us as pawns is extremely important to know. I have enjoyed our conversation this morning but I am officially 27 minutes late to work. My boss is a complete ass hole and won't put up with this! I'm self employed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •