View Poll Results: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • This, the debt limit

    6 8.11%
  • Global Warming

    7 9.46%
  • Evolution

    10 13.51%
  • The Consequences of Gay Marriage

    15 20.27%
  • Trickle-Down Economics

    12 16.22%
  • Makers vs. Takers

    6 8.11%
  • Immigration

    2 2.70%
  • The Drug War

    7 9.46%
  • Voting Rights

    0 0%
  • Reproductive Rights

    9 12.16%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 139

Thread: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

  1. #81
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    I'd rather look at these at an individual basis. Anyone, repub or dem, who denies climate change is a nut for example. Some of your other options can be reasonably debated. I think that the drug war, climate change, evolution, and gay marriage are all up there in terms of extremism and irrationality. It's difficult to rank them because it's all coming from the same pathology.

  2. #82
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    How does the term "trickle down economics" fit anything that happened in the 80s?
    Not to mention he raised taxes numerous times. He couldn't win a spot on a state legislature as a republican today.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by aberrant85 View Post
    Probably because of LA's smog problem and just in general to reduce emissions.
    Ok, maybe poorly chosen question. Let me clarify it. What is the purpose of DEQ? What do they do?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #84
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Ok, maybe poorly chosen question. Let me clarify it. What is the purpose of DEQ? What do they do?
    Don't know, what do they do?
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  5. #85
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Very few people from any political party have a grasp on reality.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Bait thread, there was no "other choice". Their least grasp on reality is thinking progressives are radically sane people.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by aberrant85 View Post
    Don't know, what do they do?
    You say Reps have no touch with reality for environmentalism and you don't even know what a common Environmentalist agency does or what their purpose is?

    Who again is out of touch with reality on this issue?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #88
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    You say Reps have no touch with reality for environmentalism and you don't even know what a common Environmentalist agency does or what their purpose is?

    Who again is out of touch with reality on this issue?
    Really, that's what you were getting at? That I must be out of touch because I don't know the activity of some bureaucratic agency? I was really hoping to hear a good, challenging argument.

    First, there's a difference between being ignorant and being out of touch with reality, between having knowledge of a subject and knowing the facts but denying their validity.

    Second, making me a straw man for liberal ignorance does not do anything to argue against the point we're making about the GOP's grip on reality.

    Third, you don't have to take my word for it. You have plenty of voices in the GOP itself telling their own members not to be the "stupid party."
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The Republican philosophy can be summed up as "I got mine, I want more, and I'm keepin' it."
    the dem being "I get rich by buying your votes with their money"



  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by aberrant85 View Post
    Really, that's what you were getting at? That I must be out of touch because I don't know the activity of some bureaucratic agency? I was really hoping to hear a good, challenging argument.

    First, there's a difference between being ignorant and being out of touch with reality, between having knowledge of a subject and knowing the facts but denying their validity.

    Second, making me a straw man for liberal ignorance does not do anything to argue against the point we're making about the GOP's grip on reality.

    Third, you don't have to take my word for it. You have plenty of voices in the GOP itself telling their own members not to be the "stupid party."
    No, it wasn't the point that I was trying to lead you to. It's only the point the you were able to reach before completely blowing your own argument.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •