View Poll Results: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • This, the debt limit

    6 8.11%
  • Global Warming

    7 9.46%
  • Evolution

    10 13.51%
  • The Consequences of Gay Marriage

    15 20.27%
  • Trickle-Down Economics

    12 16.22%
  • Makers vs. Takers

    6 8.11%
  • Immigration

    2 2.70%
  • The Drug War

    7 9.46%
  • Voting Rights

    0 0%
  • Reproductive Rights

    9 12.16%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 139

Thread: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

  1. #101
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    I selected the 'Drug War'. All the others are purely political. The WOD is the only 'problem' they refuse to even discuss. You tell them that demand creates supply and they stick their fingers in their ears and say "LALALALALALALA!". They need an enduring bogeyman to outlast whichever foreign 'enemy' is trendy at the moment.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    You benefit from everyone else's hard work. You benefit from the collective effort. You benefit from centralized effort. Just like everyone else. Just because your job pays more than a sandwich maker at Subway doesn't change the fact that we all take and we all make. Every action we take is built upon the collective efforts of thousands of people. Everyone is part of the chain.
    I see. So your argument has nothing to do with reality. I pay for the things I want. You, as a socialist, take and take and take. You also murder and rob and rape all in the name of what? Collectivism?

    I believe socialism is immoral and short sighted.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Some of the things the Republicans are doing they know full well the consequences of. For example they know what they're doing re: trying to disenfranchise people but they're doing it anyway of malice. Same thing with the debt limit. They hate Obama so much that they'd sacrifice the solvency of this nation's finances in order to end it.

    But I voted for reproductive rights because I really think they don't realize that it's none of their goddamn business. They're too religiously inclined.
    I believe you are boxing with your shadow.

  4. #104
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Let's see, in addition to earning enough to take care of my family I also pay enough in taxes to support one other family. So explain to me what you mean by taker.
    You live in Alabama which is a taker state.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    You live in Alabama which is a taker state.

    California has about the same number of people on food stamps as Alabama has people.

  6. #106
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    California has about the same number of people on food stamps as Alabama has people.
    California is a giver state, so good on them getting their money back. Alabama is a taker state and I'd appreciate it if those welfare queens would stop sucking up my tax dollars.

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    All of the above....and I am not the only one.....

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. So your argument has nothing to do with reality. I pay for the things I want. You, as a socialist, take and take and take. You also murder and rob and rape all in the name of what? Collectivism?

    I believe socialism is immoral and short sighted.
    Idiots and fools
    extremists
    What we need is a balance between liberalism and conservatism.
    Man (most of us) is a social animal..

  9. #109
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,301

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. So your argument has nothing to do with reality. I pay for the things I want. You, as a socialist, take and take and take. You also murder and rob and rape all in the name of what? Collectivism?

    I believe socialism is immoral and short sighted.
    I demand the links that show that "paschendale" is murdering, robbing and raping or gin up an apology for parading ignorance/blasphemy/lies. Choose one!

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Where does the GOP have the least grasp on reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I demand the links that show that "paschendale" is murdering, robbing and raping or gin up an apology for parading ignorance/blasphemy/lies. Choose one!
    You meaning you socialists.

    Do you intentionally misunderstand or are you, well, special?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •