View Poll Results: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 10.00%
  • No

    36 90.00%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 134

Thread: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

  1. #71
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How many? Based on your wording I'm presuming one.
    How many what? How many games? How many protesters?

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,229

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How many? Based on your wording I'm presuming one.
    The big primary group protesting it currently was reportedly at the Green Bay game for a protest that drew national attention...and had 13 people attend.

    More people showed up to a rally calling for the jaguars to sign Tim Tebow.

    By the way, I don't think that's a reason for the jaguars to sign Tebow either...

  3. #73
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,786

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    How many what? How many games? How many protesters?
    Protesters. Seems pretty obvious that one can attend only one game at a time. How many protesters were you speaking of?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #74
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Protesters. Seems pretty obvious that one can attend only one game at a time. How many protesters were you speaking of?
    Then how "based on my wording" did you determine there was only one? Beyond wishful thinking, of course.

    To answer your question, I'm not sure exactly. Probably a few dozen, maybe a bit more; which is fairly impressive given that it was about -10 degrees out at the time. Also given that we've killed most of the natives at this point. To be clear, I don't especially give a ****, because it's a sports team, which is about as important as what color my socks are. But pretending that this isn't offensive to some people is pretty ridiculous.

  5. #75
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,786

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The big primary group protesting it currently was reportedly at the Green Bay game for a protest that drew national attention...and had 13 people attend.

    More people showed up to a rally calling for the jaguars to sign Tim Tebow.

    By the way, I don't think that's a reason for the jaguars to sign Tebow either...
    And that's the thing. By all credible evidence, the people who object are actually a pretty small minority. Most Native Americans either approve or simply don't care. It only appears to be a big deal because the media lives for "controversies" like this because so many people are gullible enough to fall for it and believe that it is a big controversy when it is no such thing.

    "The squeaky wheel gets the grease", for good or for bad, is effective.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #76
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    I completely fail to see why the President elect should need to voice any kind of opinion on the subject one way or the other. It is frankly beneath his position.

  8. #78
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I completely fail to see why the President elect should need to voice any kind of opinion on the subject one way or the other. It is frankly beneath his position.
    Because he has an opinion and, like you or I, he has every right to voice this opinion, like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Because he has an opinion and, like you or I, he has every right to voice this opinion, like it or not.
    He's an attention whore, and should frankly keep his opinions to himself.

    In case you haven't noticed, our nation is facing far greater problems at the present moment than the question of whether or not some third rate football team should give themselves a more politically correct name.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,607
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Not no, but "hell no" .
    Or - silly beyond belief..........

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •