View Poll Results: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 10.00%
  • No

    36 90.00%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 134

Thread: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

  1. #121
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Like I said, we differ. I think elective officials should avoid going on those shows altogether. There is a professionalism that just isn't there when it happens.
    Professionalism is a standard of behavior, not a venue
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    I understand we differ, I'm just trying to understand what you see is unprofessional about appearing on these shows. From what I've seen, most of the time when appearing these officials act what I'd consider professionally.
    They are entertainment night shows, it is beneath them professionally. IMO, the office of the presidency should not be resorted to "late night talk show comedies". It turns the presidency into a joke IMO.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Professionalism is a standard of behavior, not a venue
    Yeah, right. So you're saying if the president (Dem or Republican) personally attended to the Adult Video Awards, it wouldn't reflect on the president at all? Wow, you are living in a dream world.

  4. #124
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, right. So you're saying if the president (Dem or Republican) personally attended to the Adult Video Awards, it wouldn't reflect on the president at all? Wow, you are living in a dream world.
    If a president went there in order to persuade the industry to engage in more responsible behavior (say like requiring the use of condoms) then I think it would reflect well on that president.

    Professionalism is a standard of behavior, not a venue
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If a president went there in order to persuade the industry to engage in more responsible behavior (say like requiring the use of condoms) then I think it would reflect well on that president.

    Professionalism is a standard of behavior, not a venue
    Again, that is YOUR choice and I understand that. However, that is not the reality. If a president did that, they would be toast by ANY STANDARD to the majority (which is what counts to ELECTABILITY). I don't doubt YOU think that way, but the majority don't. Sorry but to the majority, Venue IS the standard.

    try do disprove my statement. Are you seriously saying that the majority of people WOULDN'T object to a president attending the adult video awards?

  6. #126
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, that is YOUR choice and I understand that. However, that is not the reality. If a president did that, they would be toast by ANY STANDARD. I don't doubt YOU think that way, but the majority don't. Sorry but to the majority, Venue IS the standard.
    That is not reality. If the president did as I said, the president would be lauded for taking a moral stand

    Professionalism is a standard of behavior, not a venue
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is not reality. If the president did as I said, the president would be lauded for taking a moral stand

    Professionalism is a standard of behavior, not a venue
    I say put that to the test and find out what happens. You would be SORELY disappointing. There is a reason a president hasn't done what you stated. They would be toast.

  8. #128
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I say put that to the test and find out what happens. You would be SORELY disappointing. There is a reason a president hasn't done what you stated. They would be toast.
    Yeah, it will be the first thing I do as soon as I get elected president
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #129
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    My understanding is he got asked about it during an interview and shared his opinion. That's not butting in. If he was actively involving himself in the situation, then we could call it butting in, but simply voicing an opinion when asked about it, that's pretty normal.

    I don't understand the mindset that freaks out about these tiny, negligible non issues. Who cares what Obama's opinion is on the team name for the Redskins? Who cares how many rounds of gold he plays a month? If you want to criticize Obama, stick to things that matter.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Should Obama butt in changing the name of the Washington Redskins?

    Should Obama butt in changing  the name of the  Washington Redskins?-justin-bieber-meme_1-jpg

    Hey! As long as he's giving opinions on things, right?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •