Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    And yet, you seem to feel compelled to make hollow, vapid responses signifying nothing other that reflexive rejection of concepts and forms of discourse which cause you distress. Do you see the intrinsic sadness with which that activity is freighted?
    Put down the thesaurus, deflate the ego, and come down to Earth, no one going around talking about their intellectual superiority to other people is going to be taken seriously

  2. #82
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Please relate your contention that amalgamations of people do not share in the rights of the people of which it is composed, and why then that the Government recognized such things as political parties at the highest levels.

    Money is not speech. So we need not attach the tow in any litigation. The issue must therefore be closed, and the State can have no interest in curtailing spending for speech.

    The Florida vote was counted repeatedly, and the Democrats wanted to continue until it reached the conclusion that they desired. Which is all irrelevant, since the State's Constitutional requirements were met. The Supreme Court had a duty to completely absent itself.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  3. #83
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    You don't know what the hell "socialism" is. These people do, and they know Obama is no socialist: What Do Socialists Think of Obamacare? | Michael Smerconish


    Did you even READ the article? There was no hyperbole. There was no metaphor. Only actual Socialists explaining how ObamaCare is NOT socialist.

    Either you didn't read the article, or you choose not to accept the truth. Either way, you are ignorant. And ignorance is a choice, and it is a deviant, perverse, repulsive lifestyle.
    Your extremist tendency to miscomprehend the article and to then sling ad hominems at me when you're lost is typical of "very liberal", the description found in the left margin of your posts.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  4. #84
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Bull. Liberal Democratic candidates make it better every time.

    Every. Single. Time.

    Conservative Republican candidates make it worse every time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Your post here is not only in error (your first and second lines) but a disconnect reflecting liberal extremism dualistic thinking (either a liberal Dem or a conservative Repub - no possibility of any other).

    I've already presented the other choice, a centrist candidate, neither liberal or conservative, with the traits and policy my first post in this thread presented.
    Obama IS a centrist President. Only flakes like Ted Cruz think he's a flaming liberal.

  5. #85
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    Bull. Liberal Democratic candidates make it better every time.

    Every. Single. Time.

    Conservative Republican candidates make it worse every time.


    Obama IS a centrist President. Only flakes like Ted Cruz think he's a flaming liberal.
    Already debunked and shown as the extremist screed it is by your own words.

  6. #86
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Please relate your contention that amalgamations of people do not share in the rights of the people of which it is composed, and why then that the Government recognized such things as political parties at the highest levels.

    Money is not speech. So we need not attach the tow in any litigation. The issue must therefore be closed, and the State can have no interest in curtailing spending for speech.

    The Florida vote was counted repeatedly, and the Democrats wanted to continue until it reached the conclusion that they desired. Which is all irrelevant, since the State's Constitutional requirements were met. The Supreme Court had a duty to completely absent itself.
    People have rights. Groups do not. If corporations are "people," then so are labor unions. You wouldn't say a labor union is a "person," would you? Because that would make them equal to corporations, and for a conservative, that would be blasphemy.

    You don't spend for speech. Restrictions on campaign finance do not stop you from saying, "Here's why I think you should vote for this guy."

    And the Florida vote was NEVER fully counted. You people on the right have been lying about that for almost 13 years now. The State's constitutional requirements were NOT met, because the FEDERAL Constitution, the supreme law of the land, says that a person's right to vote shall not be infringed. It was.

  7. #87
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    Bull. Liberal Democratic candidates make it better every time.

    Every. Single. Time.

    Conservative Republican candidates make it worse every time.

    Obama IS a centrist President. Only flakes like Ted Cruz think he's a flaming liberal.
    Your last several posts like this have identified you as someone who is so completely close-minded that your opinions can be dismissed out-of-hand as there is no objective thought or consideration whatsoever. Thanks for making that easy. Carry on.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #88
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    People have rights. Groups do not. If corporations are "people," then so are labor unions. You wouldn't say a labor union is a "person," would you? Because that would make them equal to corporations, and for a conservative, that would be blasphemy.

    You don't spend for speech. Restrictions on campaign finance do not stop you from saying, "Here's why I think you should vote for this guy."

    And the Florida vote was NEVER fully counted. You people on the right have been lying about that for almost 13 years now. The State's constitutional requirements were NOT met, because the FEDERAL Constitution, the supreme law of the land, says that a person's right to vote shall not be infringed. It was.
    I disagree with the personhood for corporations decisions of the SCOTUS, but they have made those decisions, and thus you are wrong where it comes to reality.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Very good ! Labor Unions are indeed people. I would say that labor unions are people. Deluded people generally, but people nonetheless. Why should you think that I would say otherwise? I want labor unions to be able to spend a virtually unlimited amount of money to promote their obviously infantile message. Bear in mind that one of the pleasures of allowing groups to do so, is that the ones who fail to produce compelling messages will have wasted their money. I'd advise you to spend some time in actual thought and research to determine what Conservative actually think, with great stress on the verb, and eschew your simplistic fantasies about the opinions we hold.


    You really need to study the issue of the recount. Florida law, with no flexibility whatsoever required the election to be certified by a given date. Time simply ran out on Democrat schemes to produce magical, newly "discovered" ballots.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    She's right, of course. Republicans win mid-term elections because legislative districts are gerrymandered to make it all but impossible to beat them. On a national level, however - and to a lesser extent the U.S. Senate - they will continue to suck. They will continue to move further and further to the Right, and while that plays great in Dixie, it doesn't play very well anywhere else.

    dems win elections because there are more people who want the government to give them something earned by others than those who want to be left alone



Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •