Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 147

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    The Republicans could win it if they would stop running the candidate the left keeps choosing for them. They need to run a conservative who is not afraid to be a conservative. Romney? McCain? What kind of choices are these for conservatives?

    I don't much care who they run for President, I want Dave Ramsey for VP. Could you imagine seeing him in a budget negotiation?

    "What the hell is this? You're spending more than you're bringing in. That doesn't work in my house, and it doesn't work here. Bring it back when the math is right!"
    I think you have a great message and you need to spread it far and wide. "The reason we can't win is because our candidates aren't bat-**** crazy enough"! Sounds like a winning strategy to me!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #42
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Redd View Post
    In an interview with The Washington Post, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, the oldest Supreme Court Justice and also one of the most liberal, said that she predicts another Democrat in the White House.

    From The Washington Post:


    Do you agree with her? or is she just a crazy old bat?

    Source: Rare.us | Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House.
    NO, at least I hope not. What I find interesting is the context that was attributed. In effect saying that she could continue to serve the court into the next term with out worrying that she might be replaced by a republican appointment. Now, I know there are different judicial philosophies, but are Supreme court Justices supposed to be partisans? Kinda makes me sick! She needs to go!

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Gee, two arch conservatives. Color me surprised.
    obviously you missed the MAYBE part and only because both have shown an ability to view both sides. Neither has been labelled strictly a conservative. But color me not at all surprised that you lack the capacity to look past partisanship.

  4. #44
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Not showing favoritism at all - merely stating her opinion, which is hardly unique. A great many smart Republicans have said the same thing. And you're confusing her with Scalia if you are looking for a politically biased Justice. Or are they only biased when they don't agree with you?
    Any person who really thinks Justice Ginsberg isn't a liberal party flack on the bench either isn't very smart or isn't paying attention.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    With the extreme right around its neck like a weight, the Republican party will continue to sink farther and farther.

    Works for me.
    There is almost no such thing ans a significant "extreme right" in the country. Merely a moderate right (or rational) position that confuses the fantasists and low information serf of the Left. A few minutes of clear thinking supported by a casual perusal of facts will make this abundantly clear.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  6. #46
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    Most of what you say is right, but you ruin it all at the very beginning. It is not just incorrect but despicable to call "rescue candidates" "socialists."

    This nation needs to elect the kind of Presidents and Congressmen who will make it unnecessary to ever elect another "rescue candidate."

    Or, to put it another way: You people who hate Obama, he never would have been elected in 2008 and 2012 if John Kerry had been elected in 2004, or if Al Gore had been allowed to accept his rightful victory in 2000. The country would have been far better off, we wouldn't have had the Crash of 2008, we wouldn't have had that stupid war in Iraq, we'd have had a health care reform that's better than ObamaCare, and, today, Barack Obama might still be in the Illinois State Senate, and he might be okay with that.
    All of what I said is true.

    It is not "despicable" to refer to the disaffected coalition pandering candidates typically fielded by the liberal Dems as "socialists". They, by nature, present many rescue planks in their platform to appeal to the many "disaffected" groups, rescue planks that are intrinsically socialist.

    I presented the kind of President the people need to elect, that, rather, the GOP needs to field, a candidate that is, obiously, not a disaffected coalition rescue candidate.

    Your possible projection or transference that I'm an Obama-hater is false.

    The rescue candidate socialist aspects of both Kerry and Gore were also quite obvious, and, thus obviously, they would not have been able to prevent The Great Recesssion, and would merely have hastened in all likelihood.

    Obama won handly in 2008 because he was clearly a socialistic rescue candidate (Obamacare and ludicrous amnesty for 20 million illegals obvious indications) and because his skin was black, making him a hugely idealistically appealing candidate to the disaffected masses. Clearly, all such candidates do is make matters far worse.

    The desired candidate I described in my previous post is far different from Obama, Kerry, and Gore and he is far different from Bush, McCain and Romney, and all six of these people I just listed could not have helped but bring America down.

    We can do better.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  7. #47
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    This is a bit off topic, but your commentary seems way too far off to let it go....
    You assume impoverished people will vote for the "socialist". Many poor people vote conservative because they believe in economic freedom, and are pro life. I know people who would rather work two low paying jobs, than take a dime from the dole. As a matter of fact I did.
    In presenting an accurate comparison, the vast majority of disaffected and impoverished people do vote "bread and circuses" and will thus vote for the socialistic rescue candidate.

    This is understandable, as they experience themselves in bottom-tier dire straits, and do not have the luxury of higher level academic analytical pursuits in Maslow's Hierarchy of Need.

    These people are clamoring for the security previous policy did not provide, they are clamoring for the justice in "liberty and justice for all" because too many small special interests (such as the sub-prime security speculators who knew exactly what the great recession result of their get-rich scheme would be) took liberty that did not rightly belong to them, thereby perpetrating a huge injustice on so many people.

    Thus, with respect to accurate presentation, comparatively very few disaffected and impoverished people vote the economic "freedom" (economic/fiscal conservative candidate) line. They are greatly execeptions to the rule.

    They vote the economic security line, and for the liberal Dem candidate that stumps that line.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  8. #48
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Any person who really thinks Justice Ginsberg isn't a liberal party flack on the bench either isn't very smart or isn't paying attention.
    She's partisan, to be sure. Which makes her no worse or better than Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #49
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    She's partisan, to be sure. Which makes her no worse or better than Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.
    No doubt - I've said several times that your Supreme Court is disrespected by the public because it is so partisan. However, in my view, it's even worse when a justice becomes political too.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #50
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    In her case, trying to keep up with Antonin Scalia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    So you have no problem with Supreme Court Justices making public political statements. I see.
    I have a problem with Supreme Court Justices ruling on cases on which they have a vested interest. I also have a problem with Supreme Court Justices lying: Corporations are NOT people, and money is NOT speech, and there was NO legal or moral reason to stop the Florida recount.

    Scalia should have been impeached 3 times over by now.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •