Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 147

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Redd View Post
    In an interview with The Washington Post, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, the oldest Supreme Court Justice and also one of the most liberal, said that she predicts another Democrat in the White House.

    From The Washington Post:


    Do you agree with her? or is she just a crazy old bat?

    Source: Rare.us | Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House.
    Not very professional or ethical for a Supreme Court Justice to be making such comments while still sitting on the bench. She must be a liberal.

    If the SCOTUS were have to face another decision on a Presidential election as it did in 2000, she would have to remove herself from the bench. She's not to bright is she ?

  2. #122
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    What I was trying to pin down is how (or where on the spectrum) your view of the center is defined. You gave me some Idea with your post,
    The dynamic balance between freedom and security is a yin-yang complementary relationship.

    It is a unique perspective to centrists as compared with others, such as liberals (preferring social freedom over social security and economic security over economic freedom) and conservatives (preferring social security over social freedom and economic freedom over economic security).


    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    and the tip off for me
    Yes, for you ..

    .. Meaning you filtered via your own projection, transferrence, whatever ..


    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    is your use of the word "Dynamic", or ever changing,
    .. Causing you to take out of context and misconstrue to suit your pre-conceived ideology as you've done here ..


    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    yet you curiously deny the the centrist position has moved to the left. It has.
    .. So you can feel confident with your erroneous jump to conclusion here.

    By definition, a centrist position strives to balance the complementary yin-yang forces of freedom and security, liberty and justice respectively that they create.

    Succeeding at the task can only occur at the center.

    There is no "movement to the left" or the right for true centrism, obviously.


    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Secondly, I do appreciate the sentiment of trying to be a problem solver from the pragmatic middle however, as history has shown, people adjust to laws. The immoral will game the system and take advantage of others, necessitating more laws ad infinitum. The best approach for federal government is to protect freedom and allow people to become expert problem solvers for themselves and their local communities via local governments and charity. The reason I used the phrase "systematic philosophy" is because free individuals subsist in the notion of security and justice, this is always appropriate.
    Whatever ..

    If security is not protected along with freedom, then, whether the arena is the social, economic, or combined socioeconomic, a libertarian extreme will result.

    Is that what you prefer?

    Your "lean" is "undisclosed" .. but are you really a libertarian?
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #123
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    The dynamic balance between freedom and security is a yin-yang complementary relationship.

    It is a unique perspective to centrists as compared with others, such as liberals (preferring social freedom over social security and economic security over economic freedom) and conservatives (preferring social security over social freedom and economic freedom over economic security).



    Yes, for you ..

    .. Meaning you filtered via your own projection, transferrence, whatever ..



    .. Causing you to take out of context and misconstrue to suit your pre-conceived ideology as you've done here ..



    .. So you can feel confident with your erroneous jump to conclusion here.

    By definition, a centrist position strives to balance the complementary yin-yang forces of freedom and security, liberty and justice respectively that they create.

    Succeeding at the task can only occur at the center.

    There is no "movement to the left" or the right for true centrism, obviously.



    Whatever ..

    If security is not protected along with freedom, then, whether the arena is the social, economic, or combined socioeconomic, a libertarian extreme will result.

    Is that what you prefer?

    Your "lean" is "undisclosed" .. but are you really a libertarian?
    MMM... I don't think I made up the definition for the word "dynamic", and I didn't use it as a descriptor; you did that.
    No I wouldn't consider myself libertarian. I consider myself a Moralist, which has me firmly leaning toward libertarian ism, but without the dope and such.

  4. #124
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    Obama IS a centrist President. Only flakes like Ted Cruz think he's a flaming liberal.


    Newsflash: We have a nation of over 300 million people. A big nation requires big government with big spending. You want to live with "smaller government"? Move to Somalia.

    If Obama were the "solid left-winger" you want people to believe he is, he would have socialized the energy industry, the banking industry, the insurance industry and Walmart, confiscated their profits -- and thus balanced the budget. (Well, maybe cut the deficit in half.)

    If Obama were a "left-winger," he would have actually done what you lying right-wingers said he did: "Rammed socialized medicine down our throats." He would have forced universal health care on us. Instead, he chickened out on the public option, and adopted Heritagecare/Romneycare as Obamacare, a plan that will make the insurance industry billions, because they will have millions of new customers. Obamacare is not socialist. It is as capitalist as hell.

    If Obama were a "left-winger," he would have pulled all troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan immediately, struck down all aborition and immigration restrictions, legalized drugs, and confiscated guns. He has done none of those things.

    The true left-wingers of this country feel a frustration with him that is nearly equal to your hatred of him.

    Also, one of the things you people hate the most about him is the spying thing. That is not something a liberal would do. An authoritarian would (either communist, left, or fascist, right), but no liberal would do it.

    You call Obama a "solid left-winger" and yourself a "centrist." If you truly believe either half of that, then neither half is true.
    Well if you think communism is a normal part of the political spectrum I suppose you can make such an idiotic claim.

    He's one of the three most leftwing presidents we have had since WWI. FDR, LBJ and Obama are the three most reactionary parasitic statists in almost 100 years. FAR more leftwing than Truman, JFK, Clinton or Carter



  5. #125
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Well if you think communism is a normal part of the political spectrum I suppose you can make such an idiotic claim.

    He's one of the three most leftwing presidents we have had since WWI. FDR, LBJ and Obama are the three most reactionary parasitic statists in almost 100 years. FAR more leftwing than Truman, JFK, Clinton or Carter
    ... as far as welfare programs go, mandatory health insurance isn't 1/100 of what Social Security or Medicare are. It exists for the same reason and under the same logic car insurance does, because uninsured persons pose a prohibitively expensive risk to the public good.

    As a solution to the 20% of Americans with no coverage and skyrocketing premiums, it is centrism at its most bland and uncontroversial. The only reason it became controversial was because Republicans needed a new program to be their whipping boy because it became increasingly obvious their welfare dependent constituents were reacting badly to their posturing on Social Security and Medicare.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... as far as welfare programs go, mandatory health insurance isn't 1/100 of what Social Security or Medicare are. It exists for the same reason and under the same logic car insurance does, because uninsured persons pose a prohibitively expensive risk to the public good.

    As a solution to the 20% of Americans with no coverage and skyrocketing premiums, it is centrism at its most bland and uncontroversial. The only reason it became controversial was because Republicans needed a new program to be their whipping boy because it became increasingly obvious their welfare dependent constituents were reacting badly to their posturing on Social Security and Medicare.
    Opinion noted, rejected as being contrary to known reality

    none of those programs should have survived honest supreme court review. sadly, the supreme court circa 1934-1950 was hardly honest and the courts after that were more interested in sustaining precedent than doing the right thing



  7. #127
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Opinion noted, rejected as being contrary to known reality

    none of those programs should have survived honest supreme court review. sadly, the supreme court circa 1934-1950 was hardly honest and the courts after that were more interested in sustaining precedent than doing the right thing
    If all you can say is that "You're wrong" then you might as well not have bothered to respond at all. The resemblence between ObamaCare and car insurance is so fundamental and so obvious that any comparisons of either to Medicare or Social Security are as hollow as any assertion can be.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #128
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    If all you can say is that "You're wrong" then you might as well not have bothered to respond at all. The resemblence between ObamaCare and car insurance is so fundamental and so obvious that any comparisons of either to Medicare or Social Security are as hollow as any assertion can be.

    its idiotic a comparison. Driving on public roads is not a right. You don't need car insurance to own a car or drive it on private property. Medicare and social security violate the tenth amendment



  9. #129
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its idiotic a comparison. Driving on public roads is not a right. You don't need car insurance to own a car or drive it on private property. Medicare and social security violate the tenth amendment
    Constitutional debates are a language game that I don't care about. Ritualized political practice is the only thing that has any relevance. And in ritualized political practice, the 10th Amendment and federalism have been mostly superseded by subsequent amendments and reinterpretations of old clauses.

    Whether or not Social Security or Medicare are constitutionally justified doesn't matter to me, but in terms of composition ObamaCare is nothing like them.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #130
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg predicts another Dem in the White House. Do you Agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Constitutional debates are a language game that I don't care about. Ritualized political practice is the only thing that has any relevance. And it ritualized political practice, the 10th Amendment and federalism have been mostly superseded.

    Whether or not Social Security or Medicare are constitutionally justified doesn't matter to me, but ObamaCare is nothing like them.
    yeah its far worse



Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •