View Poll Results: Does this admninistration act like children?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, it is embarrasising

    28 65.12%
  • no, I think it is cool they are blocking off public exhibits

    4 9.30%
  • They are just assholes

    17 39.53%
  • Anything to screw with the public is ok with me

    2 4.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 124

Thread: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

  1. #101
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    The only people that I see acting like children are the GOP, which still refuses to admit that it lost the election last November.

    When this kerfuffle is over with, the GOP will pay a price for its stupidity.

    Don't take my word for this, wait and see.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The only people that I see acting like children are the GOP, which still refuses to admit that it lost the election last November.

    When this kerfuffle is over with, the GOP will pay a price for its stupidity.

    Don't take my word for this, wait and see.



    OK, I wont take your word for it because you don't know what you are talking about. Let me help you. The shut down wont change a single vote in 2014. Just how upset people are with the implementation of Obamacare will.

  3. #103
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    I disagree that it is the Republicans that are primarily to blame, The Dems could have passed the House bill in the Senate and the President could sign it ant there would be no shut down. There would just not be funding for Obama Care.
    What you are saying right now is that the Democrats are to blame for Republicans making unreasonable demands, and not succumbing to them. This is absolutely preposterous. Just because you want it to be so does not mean that something is by any means reasonable.

    Asking the Democrats to defund Obamacare was a crock, and a failed bluff by the Congressional Republicans. This has only resulted only in them losing face and having the country incredibly inconvenienced.
    Last edited by falcata; 10-10-13 at 01:42 PM. Reason: grammer
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  4. #104
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    What you are saying right now is that the Democrats are to blame for Republicans making unreasonable demands, and not succumbing to them. This is absolutely preposterous. Just because you want it to be so does not mean that something is by any means reasonable.

    Asking the Democrats to defund Obamacare was a crock and, a failed bluff by the Congressional Republicans. This has only resulted only in them losing face and having the country incredibly inconvenienced.
    And for the billionth time, the republicans in the house compromised. It has no longer been about the defunding of Obamacare for some time now. Now it's about giving the rest of us the same delay granted to the president's political butt buddies.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And for the billionth time, the republicans in the house compromised. It has no longer been about the defunding of Obamacare for some time now. Now it's about giving the rest of us the same delay granted to the president's political butt buddies.
    the buissness mandate is not essential to the implementation of the law, that is why it could be delayed.

    the individual mandate can not be delayed because it is essential to the implementation of the law.

  6. #106
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freemind USMC View Post
    So who is acting like children? They don't have the votes to get it done legislatively, and the ACA was upheld in the Supreme Court even with Roberts, Scalia, Alito, and Thomas on the bench.

    They are not only acting like children but setting a dangerous precedent. Lets get to the brink of default, and because we don't like something refuse to move forward until the minority's agenda is passed. Wait til the shoe is on the other foot, and the Dems do it to the GOP. Because now they will. Bad politics breeds more bad politics.

    What should be done, is what we should expect them to do. Fund legislation to get us out of the emergency. THEN, work towards changing legislation they do not like. IF they cannot get it done through votes, then the system has worked. The people have spoken.
    Sir, yes, SIR!

    I've never been a Marine, so I don't want to push my luck and use "Ooh-rah."

  7. #107
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    I disagree that it is the Republicans that are primarily to blame, The Dems could have passed the House bill in the Senate and the President could sign it ant there would be no shut down. There would just not be funding for Obama Care.
    And that is absolutely unacceptable. You'll notice that, in 2007, Pelosi didn't tie keeping the government open to stopping the Iraq War and repealing the Bush Tax Cuts. Because she loves America more than John Boehner and his puppetmasters do.

  8. #108
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    OK, I wont take your word for it because you don't know what you are talking about. Let me help you. The shut down wont change a single vote in 2014. Just how upset people are with the implementation of Obamacare will.
    There are now 18 Republican incumbents who are trailing in polls.

    No, wait, 17. One of them, Bill Young of Florida, the seniormost Republican in the House (first elected in 1970), announced his retirement. He could read the polls, and the writing on the wall.

    Florida 13: Young

  9. #109
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And for the billionth time, the republicans in the house compromised. It has no longer been about the defunding of Obamacare for some time now. Now it about giving the rest of us the same delay granted to the president's political butt buddies.
    We are not talking about the current state of negotiations, we are talking about the cause of the whole situation.

    However still that is not true. There is no real compromise set forth by the house. The congressional republicans just asking for less concessions just not justify a compromise in any reasonable person's mind. Tell me one thing the Democrats have requested as a concession from the Republicans since this situation has started.

    To retort your second point, the only non-consequential delays I could find were for employers, which wouldn't even really delay Obamacare itself, it would only delay their requirement to provide an insurance plan. So that political "butt-buddy" comment really doesn't make much if any sense.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Is this administration just a bunch of children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    I can accept disagreements, due to differences of opinion. I cannot accept willful ignorance.
    You must be deaf then.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •