View Poll Results: Should John Boehner keep his job as the Speaker of the House?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. He's done as good a job as he can, given the circumstances.

    11 26.83%
  • No, and he should be replaced by a true conservative, not a RINO.

    8 19.51%
  • No, and he should be replaced by a more moderate speaker.

    22 53.66%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: Should Boehner go?

  1. #11
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Nope there are more than a few on both sides that should be in jail over the Iraq war! Namely Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, Powell, Rice, Pelosi, Reid, any intelligence committee members. Especcially if they knew about the torture that was going on. But you are making an assumption that you cannot back up.
    you are making an assumption that you cannot back up.
    Assumption:
    I'm assuming you said this about 8 years ago about Bush, but switched out the names to make it sound topical.

    Your statement, preceding my inability to back up my assumption:

    Namely Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, Powell, Rice, Pelosi, Reid, any intelligence committee members.
    Yeah, my assumption is totally unfounded.



    Odd....
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #12
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Boehner really doesn't want to stall the progress of the economy.
    He's being forced to.
    Forced? FORCED??? You mean conservatives are "forcing" Boehner to shut down the government and ramming their tea party principles down his throat?

    I guess thats what conservatives call...freedom. "Either yer with us or aginst us."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Assumption:


    Your statement, preceding my inability to back up my assumption:



    Yeah, my assumption is totally unfounded.



    Odd....
    Did those people know about the torture, they have admitted as much torture is illegal they are war criminals. The justification for war with Iraq has never been proven so there are plenty of people that need to be in jail or much worse.

  4. #14
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Forced? FORCED??? You mean conservatives are "forcing" Boehner to shut down the government and ramming their tea party principles down his throat?

    I guess thats what conservatives call...freedom. "Either yer with us or aginst us."
    I like your wit Moot. I've been taking it in the shorts from Con Mods lately about my "us vs. them" stuff. What has it always been like around here. I started at Politico in 2010 after retiring from Chem/physics teaching. Senate elections are my favorite and we have another great Group of Ladies in 2014.
    Last edited by NIMBY; 10-04-13 at 01:25 AM.

  5. #15
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Did those people know about the torture, they have admitted as much torture is illegal they are war criminals. The justification for war with Iraq has never been proven so there are plenty of people that need to be in jail or much worse.
    You're not helping yourself any.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #16
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Btw, forget the MSM noise that Dems can't gain in the House. Just today, Bachmann-MN, S.King-IA, Gohmert-TX, Stutsman-AR and especially Neugebrauer-TX stepped in their own feces. That's 5 House members just today. And we have 13 more months of this. Politico has great "independent" articles on these TEAkooks. I'm actually glad in a way as long as the innocent aren't getting hurt. These piecemeals bills are killing the Repubs in PR and Cantor and Ryan are the real forces stabbing Boehner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Forced? FORCED??? You mean conservatives are "forcing" Boehner to shut down the government and ramming their tea party principles down his throat?

    I guess thats what conservatives call...freedom. "Either yer with us or aginst us."

  7. #17
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Should John Boehner keep his job as the Speaker of the House?
    Boehner is violating his oath of office to uphold the constitution....of course he should be removed as should every congressman who voted to shut down the government and hold it for ransom.



    "....The Constitution defines the authority of each branch of government. The first two powers it lists for Congress specify that it collects taxes, pays bills and borrows money when necessary. Putting them at the top of the list means the founding fathers gave them high priority.

    By threatening a government shutdown and default, Republicans in Congress are saying they will not perform the job given Congress in the Constitution....read...."

    Congressional Republicans Violate Oath of Office | Leo W. Gerard

  8. #18
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Boehner is violating his oath of office to uphold the constitution....of course he should be removed as should every congressman who voted to shut down the government and hold it for ransom.



    "....The Constitution defines the authority of each branch of government. The first two powers it lists for Congress specify that it collects taxes, pays bills and borrows money when necessary. Putting them at the top of the list means the founding fathers gave them high priority.

    By threatening a government shutdown and default, Republicans in Congress are saying they will not perform the job given Congress in the Constitution....read...."

    Congressional Republicans Violate Oath of Office | Leo W. Gerard
    So someone worse can replace him? Sounds wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    So someone worse can replace him? Sounds wonderful.
    Beohner was almost ousted last January by his own party. And now with so many moderate republicans thinking the shut down was a bad plan from the get go....he could be replaced by a moderate...or not. Hard to say, it might all depend on how this shut down turns out...because if it hurts republicans then the repub moderates will oust him for sure....but if it doesn't then he's their hero and he keeps his job and becomes more embolden to hold the country for ransom again...and again...and again...until the country becomes a banana republic.

    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...ejection/?_r=0

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Should Boehner go?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. There's a good chance someone worse would replace him.
    That would be a trick. Boner has become useless.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •