View Poll Results: Who is at fault for the shutdown?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republicans

    125 48.08%
  • Democrats

    53 20.38%
  • Both

    73 28.08%
  • Neither

    9 3.46%
Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 515

Thread: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

  1. #311
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Wait, are you seriously proud of yourself for linking to Wikipedia over the term "Godwin?" Really??



    The analogy was retarded, because the resistance I'm referring to was a very real thing. Your use of the term Godwin waters down the significance of Godwin almost as much as Godwin waters down the significance of Hitler.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #312
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    100% Republicans. There would be no issue is Boner would allow an up/down vote in the house. Instead, the Republicans are cowtowing to the wacko grandstanding game playing of the teabaggers and they are holding the American people hostage. Its disgraceful. Boner should grow a spine and put the budget to an up/down vote without all the teabagging conditions.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #313
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,855

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    100% Republicans. There would be no issue is Boner would allow an up/down vote in the house. Instead, the Republicans are cowtowing to the wacko grandstanding game playing of the teabaggers and they are holding the American people hostage. Its disgraceful. Boner should grow a spine and put the budget to an up/down vote without all the teabagging conditions.
    You really need to get out more. The reason the Republicans are doing things the way they are is because they are answering to their constituents' demands.
    Now those red state Democrats who are many and up for re-election in 2014, that did not support a delay for one year of Obamacare, or didn't support defunding, or refused to support forcing members of Congress to give up their Cadillac healthcare plans provided at the expense of the taxpayer and join the ranks of those being forced onto Obamacare.......well those are the turkeys you should be concerned over.

    Cheers!

  4. #314
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You really need to get out more. The reason the Republicans are doing things the way they are is because they are answering to their constituents' demands.
    Now those red state Democrats who are many and up for re-election in 2014, that did not support a delay for one year of Obamacare, or didn't support defunding, or refused to support forcing members of Congress to give up their Cadillac healthcare plans provided at the expense of the taxpayer and join the ranks of those being forced onto Obamacare.......well those are the turkeys you should be concerned over.

    Cheers!
    I have a hard time believing that most Republicans are that stupid.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #315
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I have a hard time believing that most Republicans are that stupid.
    Perhaps it's hard to see from LA, but this episode will likely help the Repubs in 2014.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #316
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Both, I'd say 75% Democrats and 25% Republicans if I had to somehow give an estimate ammount.
    This makes no sense.
    How do Democrats even share 1% of the blame?

    There is no logic what so ever to adding crap about the ACA to the CR.
    It is extortion.
    The ACA does not even have anything to do with the CR or the debt limit.

    You might as well demand other crazy unrelated things too. Like maybe the killing of all cats or zero tax for all millionaires. Makes about the same amount of sense.

    Anyone that thinks the Democrats share even 1% of the blame for this is simply misinformed as to what happened.
    Next we will have the debt ceiling, the downgrading of our bond credit rating, and the collapse of our currency. This will also be 100% Republican engineered.

  7. #317
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,855

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I have a hard time believing that most Republicans are that stupid.
    Oh sugar, nothing stupid about it. In their districts they either show an effort to stop this massive mistake or risk not being re-elected.

    I don't see any real threat of Republicans in the House to the point of losing the majority but I do see Republicans like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham in the Senate loosing their seats because there is a group of Conservatives, Libertarians and Independents that are not going to vote for these yahoos that continue to compromise our principles and will challenge them in the upcoming primaries. Too bad McCain won't be among those being challenged this year. We still have to put with that yahoo for another 2 years. And a good number of Democrat senators in the red states are toast. Between Obamacare and supporting legislation that violates 2nd Amendment rights, and unwilling to support a balanced budget, these bozos don't stand a chance.

  8. #318
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Who ever said that? I hope Dems filibuster everything under the sun like Republicans have. In the past I'd agree that the Dems should respect votes but not anymore. That sort of norm is long gone.
    It's been a recurring theme in this thread and others.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #319
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh sugar, nothing stupid about it. In their districts they either show an effort to stop this massive mistake or risk not being re-elected.

    I don't see any real threat of Republicans in the House to the point of losing the majority but I do see Republicans like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham in the Senate loosing their seats because there is a group of Conservatives, Libertarians and Independents that are not going to vote for these yahoos that continue to compromise our principles and will challenge them in the upcoming primaries. Too bad McCain won't be among those being challenged this year. We still have to put with that yahoo for another 2 years. And a good number of Democrat senators in the red states are toast. Between Obamacare and supporting legislation that violates 2nd Amendment rights, and unwilling to support a balanced budget, these bozos don't stand a chance.
    I tend to agree that as of today, the House is safely Republican. But I would be careful when it comes to the senate, the GOP history of nominating people like Aiken, Mourdock, O'Donnel and others have given senate seats to the Democrats where the Republicans should have won if they had a decent candidate.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #320
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I tend to agree that as of today, the House is safely Republican. But I would be careful when it comes to the senate, the GOP history of nominating people like Aiken, Mourdock, O'Donnel and others have given senate seats to the Democrats where the Republicans should have won if they had a decent candidate.
    coulda-woulda-shoulda-Tista;Repubs are bogged down in quick-sand and have to live with it for 13 months;each day we see a half dozen TEAjerks like Stutsman from the House;the list is too long for just the last week

Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •