View Poll Results: Who is at fault for the shutdown?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republicans

    125 48.08%
  • Democrats

    53 20.38%
  • Both

    73 28.08%
  • Neither

    9 3.46%
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 515

Thread: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

  1. #211
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Wrong.
    Democrats hold absolutely zero fault in this.

    Your position would only be valid if Obamacare was a piece of legislation, on the table in some way, or connected to the Government shut down.
    But Obamacare is NOT connected to the Government shut down in any way what so ever.

    Obamacare is Law, not a bill.

    What Republicans are doing now is no different than making the same demands about making abortion illegal or eliminating all tax liability after the first 1 million dollars.
    If the Republicans were making those demands instead, would you still think the Democrats shared some of the blame?

    They might as well demand the elimination of Social Security while they are at it. It would be no less moronic.
    Those of you who somehow think that the Democrats should negotiate over a LAW that has nothing to do with the Debt Ceiling or with the CR, have just not thought this thing through.
    That or you are misinformed or just want to see Obama fail so badly that your demands seem reasonable to you.
    The debt ceiling is law. It's there for a purpose. To reign in spending. It's pointless to have a debt ceiling if you're going to raise it every time you've reached it.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  2. #212
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    if what you are saying is true about ACA not needing funding.... then Democrats have absolutely no excuse for not passing the House CR.

    if what you are saying is true, then Democrats purposefully shutdown the government for no reason whatsoever when they decide not to pass the House CR.


    so which is it.. are you wrong, or are Democrats fully to blame for fraudulently shutting down the government?
    ( the correct answer is.. you are wrong)

    the shutdown s occurring because Democrats and Republicans cannot agree to the terms of the CR passed in each of the houses..... period, end of story.
    neither party is budging.. both are sticking to their guns ( for now)

    it takes 2 to tango.. and it takes 2 to form an impasse...... that just a simple fact a lot of people need to wrap their little heads around.
    But that is not even the issue at all.
    Republicans are demanding a year delay for the implementation and enforcement of the individual mandate.
    This has nothing to do with funding.

    The argument is not over the budget or over money.
    It is over Republicans wanting to harm or delay the implementation of a LAW.

    The part they can't agree on has nothing to do with the budget and should not be a part of any CR.
    There is nothing to negotiate.

  3. #213
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So if I held your family hostage and said I will let you got if you kill your child? You would call that a stalemate?
    no, I wouldn't call it a stalemate.. it would simply be a valid reason to kill you.


    why don't you try a a valid an analogy?.. or simply argue the facts?

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    But that is not even the issue at all.
    Republicans are demanding a year delay for the implementation and enforcement of the individual mandate.
    This has nothing to do with funding.

    The argument is not over the budget or over money.
    It is over Republicans wanting to harm or delay the implementation of a LAW.
    why are you ignorant about the nature of the bill ( the house CR) that has resulted in an impasse?

  5. #215
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    The debt ceiling is law. It's there for a purpose. To reign in spending. It's pointless to have a debt ceiling if you're going to raise it every time you've reached it.
    The debt ceiling is not even the issue, YET.

    However, you are badly misinformed about what it is to begin with. The debt ceiling is merely authorizing the Government to borrow in order to pay the bills that Congress has already agreed to pay.
    To not raise it, is a fools errand. It would destroy us. First it would destroy our bond credit rating. Second it would cause our currency to collapse. I do not even want to consider third.

    If you want to control our debt, then your focus should be with how we accumulate that debt, not with how we pay the bills we already owe.

  6. #216
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    But that is not even the issue at all.
    Republicans are demanding a year delay for the implementation and enforcement of the individual mandate.
    This has nothing to do with funding.

    The argument is not over the budget or over money.
    It is over Republicans wanting to harm or delay the implementation of a LAW.

    The part they can't agree on has nothing to do with the budget and should not be a part of any CR.
    There is nothing to negotiate.
    Obama already threw in multiple waivers and delayed the employer mandate so what is wrong with making the waver universal for everyone. After all we are supposed to be protected under the law EQUALLY.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  7. #217
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    The debt ceiling is not even the issue, YET.

    However, you are badly misinformed about what it is to begin with. The debt ceiling is merely authorizing the Government to borrow in order to pay the bills that Congress has already agreed to pay.
    To not raise it, is a fools errand. It would destroy us. First it would destroy our bond credit rating. Second it would cause our currency to collapse. I do not even want to consider third.

    If you want to control our debt, then your focus should be with how we accumulate that debt, not with how we pay the bills we already owe.
    What is the point of having a debt ceiling if you raise it every time you reach it?
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  8. #218
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    What is the point of having a debt ceiling if you raise it every time you reach it?
    Exactly.
    What is the point of having one...
    Its existence is ridiculous and it merely gets used as a bargaining chip.
    (I will pull the trigger and blow both our brains out if you don't cooperate.)

    Again, the debt ceiling is about borrowing to pay our debts.
    It is not about creating those debts, as Congress has already created them.

  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Exactly.
    What is the point of having one...
    Its existence is ridiculous and it merely gets used as a bargaining chip.
    (I will pull the trigger and blow both our brains out if you don't cooperate.)

    Again, the debt ceiling is about borrowing to pay our debts.
    It is not about creating those debts, as Congress has already created them.
    the debt ceiling is supposed to be a symbolic limit... it's tell congress to chill out and talk about their spending .


    .. unfortunately, it's utterly useless as anything other than a statutory bargaining chip... neither party is interested in reigning in debt.. both parties just love to blow the ceiling off every chance they get.
    they simply do not give a **** how much they spend....

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who do you hold at fault for the Govt shutdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    Obama already threw in multiple waivers and delayed the employer mandate so what is wrong with making the waver universal for everyone. After all we are supposed to be protected under the law EQUALLY.
    good question... but it's a question that Democrats will not answer.

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •