View Poll Results: Choose what you will be doing (or not doing) now that ACA sign up is available.

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have insurance and I'm switching to ACA

    4 6.15%
  • I have insurance and I'm keeping it

    40 61.54%
  • I do not have insurance and I'm signing up for ACA

    4 6.15%
  • I do not have insurance and I'm NOT signing up for ACA and will pay the fine

    7 10.77%
  • Other (explain)

    10 15.38%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 110

Thread: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

  1. #71
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    thanks for making every one else pays more for you to get health care. freeloader. you don't give a rats ass that some middle class family of four will pay more so you can get yours do you. why don't you sell that computer you own and go out and get your own dam plan but you rather have someone else pay for it wouldn't you
    You do realize that the insurance plan under which he is covered has premiums that are paid NOT BY YOU, right?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #72
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    and neither of them have employee provided health insurance? or did there company or firm they work for dropped their coverage or there private insurance was dropped like thousand of other Americans and forced onto the exchanges , I know they must have had insurance before Obama care so what happened
    Do you even read people's posts before spouting off nonsense?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #73
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'm a Veteran and will just continue with veteran's healthcare benefits. Great system.
    I have many friends from college who are military or ex-military, and the veterans' benefit package is superb, from what they've told me. I don't know any who are going to get on the exchanges, simply because they don't need to.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #74
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I have many friends from college who are military or ex-military, and the veterans' benefit package is superb, from what they've told me. I don't know any who are going to get on the exchanges, simply because they don't need to.
    That's interesting you say that. I cannot think of a single veteran buddy of mine who does not have a list of complaints against the VA the size of your arm.


    I will be changing jobs in the near future. If the new job offers insurance, we'll go with that. If not, we'll have to buy our own.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's interesting you say that. I cannot think of a single veteran buddy of mine who does not have a list of complaints against the VA the size of your arm.


    I will be changing jobs in the near future. If the new job offers insurance, we'll go with that. If not, we'll have to buy our own.
    the reality is the VA is real slow and fights each individual service man claims. Most of the time anyway. I belong to a group called the Long Binh Vets which tries to help those who served in Vietnam get their proper benefits from the VA. There are some of us who have been fighting and waiting for ten years.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #76
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,250

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Under normal circumstances perhaps, however Autism according to the National Autism Association and the CDC is considered a disability.
    Autism Fact Sheet - National Autism Association

    There are state laws that govern autism so depending on what state your family member resides, there still may be coverage available.
    Autism and Insurance Coverage State Laws


    The chances are much higher there is some type of coverage available for those with autism than not.
    Coverage for autism is different than physically obtaining an insurance policy.

    BTW, the pre-existing condition had nothing to do with Aspergers. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

    One of the struggles for this individual is whether to be labeled or not. Throughout high school he had varying degrees of assistance through IEP, but the route he is taking (slow but sure) is really working for him (no assistance just a slower path)

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your poll is fatally flawed. You do not "switch to ACA", you have the option of going to an exchange of shopping for insurance from insurance companies. When your whole poll is premised on a lie, that is kinda sad.
    I believe you are in error. We currently have individual health insurance plans, wife and I. BCBS indicated that our plans do not comply with PPACA hence they will be discontinued forcing us to get another plan. It is our intention to shop both on the exchange AND private market to get the best value. Considering this we COULD "switch to ACA" if the plan is comprehensive, current doctors/facilities are participating and rates are competitive.

    Please point out if I misunderstood your assertion...thx
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  8. #78
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    I believe you are in error. We currently have individual health insurance plans, wife and I. BCBS indicated that our plans do not comply with PPACA hence they will be discontinued forcing us to get another plan. It is our intention to shop both on the exchange AND private market to get the best value. Considering this we COULD "switch to ACA" if the plan is comprehensive, current doctors/facilities are participating and rates are competitive.

    Please point out if I misunderstood your assertion...thx
    The ACA is not insurance. The exchange does not offer insurance. The exchange gathers private insurance companies and combines them on a site for you to shop from.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The ACA is not insurance. The exchange does not offer insurance. The exchange gathers private insurance companies and combines them on a site for you to shop from.
    You're correct semantically. Are subsidies available OUTSIDE the exchange? Presumably no, see the difference? Ergo the 'switch'.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You're correct semantically. Are subsidies available OUTSIDE the exchange? Presumably no, see the difference? Ergo the 'switch'.
    Subsidies are not insurance, much like I can buy lunch with money, but money is not lunch. When you have to twist the language into a pretzel to make a point, it has failed. The OP is based on a lie in order to push the vote the way he wants it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •