View Poll Results: Choose what you will be doing (or not doing) now that ACA sign up is available.

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have insurance and I'm switching to ACA

    4 6.15%
  • I have insurance and I'm keeping it

    40 61.54%
  • I do not have insurance and I'm signing up for ACA

    4 6.15%
  • I do not have insurance and I'm NOT signing up for ACA and will pay the fine

    7 10.77%
  • Other (explain)

    10 15.38%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110

Thread: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

  1. #41
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    My fiancees company has wonderful insurance, and we will be staying on that policy.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  2. #42
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    As of today, Oct 1st, the Affordable Healthcare Act signup starts via the web at healthcare.gov.

    What are you planning to do? Take the poll. Note: If you pick "Other" please explain your general circumstance that doesn't fit in the 4 choices provided.
    I have insurance and am planning on keeping it. However, that much is in flux right now. There is some discussion about whether my company will be keeping their health-care plan. But I'm sure everything will be alright.

    I just know Obama would never lie about me not being able to keep my health plan or doctor!
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  3. #43
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Before I went into Illinois' ICHIP program (subsidized), I was paying $850 a month for a $5,200 deductible policy through American Family Insurance. Every year I saw my premiums raise 15% or more. I couldn't change to any other insurance company because I have a health history that immediately made me uninsurable. Could you afford $850 a month PLUS $5,200 a year in medical bills? Probably not. The greater majority of people in this country could not.
    No, I could not, and the very thought is daunting to me.

    I've been fortunate to have employer-sponsored health coverage for most of my adult life.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Moderator's Warning:
    What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]Let's return to discussing the topic not each other.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and what about other reasons some offer like still living under the same roof, disabilities etc
    Why limit it to 26 if that is your argument? Why allow people to ever grow up or handle their own problems? Is the argument all of sudden not workable at 27 for some reason?

  6. #46
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)Why limit it to 26 if that is your argument? Why allow people to ever grow up or handle their own problems? Is the argument all of sudden not workable at 27 for some reason?
    wasnt making it an argument just pointing out the fact that nothing untied posted made him a "freeloader", that was an uncalled for attack
    I was also pointing out referring to the age of 18 and saying that was the limit was very uneducated on this topic.

    also as far as i know just to give some info, there are some reasons it never stops, namely disabilities. but that wasnt an argument just facts the destroy the previous topically uneducated posts.

    Assuming somebody moving to ACA was a free loader is about as topically uneducated and dishonest as a post could be.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #47
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    As of today, Oct 1st, the Affordable Healthcare Act signup starts via the web at healthcare.gov.

    What are you planning to do? Take the poll. Note: If you pick "Other" please explain your general circumstance that doesn't fit in the 4 choices provided.
    The ACA IS private insurance, just like "I have insurance now." It's offered by the same companies. I think you mean the exchanges, maybe? But the ACA applies to ALL individual insurance, whether you sign up through the exchanges or not. The main difference is that IF you want to apply for a subsidy, you HAVE to sign up through the exchanges.

    At least that's my understanding.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Maggie I am so sorry to hear you have fallen for the lies of Obama care. Remember what Pelosi said, pass the bill and read it later.


    Well, apparently she did read it and liked it just fine....that was 4 years ago..

  9. #49
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    The ACA IS private insurance, just like "I have insurance now." It's offered by the same companies. I think you mean the exchanges, maybe? But the ACA applies to ALL individual insurance, whether you sign up through the exchanges or not. The main difference is that IF you want to apply for a subsidy, you HAVE to sign up through the exchanges.

    At least that's my understanding.
    The poll is simply charting what you as the average "joe DP poster" will plan to do.
    ďI think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whatís being proposed here, heíd agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.Ē - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #50
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    As of today, Oct 1st, the Affordable Healthcare Act signup starts via the web at healthcare.gov.

    What are you planning to do? Take the poll. Note: If you pick "Other" please explain your general circumstance that doesn't fit in the 4 choices provided.
    I'm a Veteran and will just continue with veteran's healthcare benefits. Great system.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •