View Poll Results: Choose what you will be doing (or not doing) now that ACA sign up is available.

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have insurance and I'm switching to ACA

    4 6.15%
  • I have insurance and I'm keeping it

    40 61.54%
  • I do not have insurance and I'm signing up for ACA

    4 6.15%
  • I do not have insurance and I'm NOT signing up for ACA and will pay the fine

    7 10.77%
  • Other (explain)

    10 15.38%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 110

Thread: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?[W:44]

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    once again you just further proved how sverly uneducated and or dishonest you are about this topic. THANK YOU
    why? because many Insurance companies allow coverage past 18 due to many reasons especially if they were a student.

    keep talking though and tell people like maggie you thought they were smarter than that, it just further exposes how little you actually know about this topic because the only one proving that they arent smart on this topic is you and you did it TWICE now..

    now make another post full of but but but buts, even though you were 100% wrong with your first post and now, you just further proved how little you know by doubling down on the severely topical uneducated post you made.

    Cant wait to read your next one.
    and how many go to college? only about 20% go to college. now every one for any reason can stay on their parents plan till 26 but that wont increase health care cost will it

    and im done talking to some one who admits date raping women

  2. #32
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    I will not participate in a train wreck that will destroy this great nation. I will pay out of pocket.
    all this train wreck will do is put us on the same path that is bankrupting all those socialist nations.
    I will refuse to pay the fine/tax and hope to be the first to get thrown in jail refusing to do so



    Maybe we'll read about you in the newspapers,eh?

    If you're real lucky maybe you'll get Bubba for a roommate.




    "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." ~ Baretta
    Last edited by shrubnose; 10-01-13 at 05:42 PM.

  3. #33
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    and how many go to college? only about 20% go to college. now every one for any reason can stay on their parents plan till 26 but that wont increase health care cost will it
    and what about other reasons some offer like still living under the same roof, disabilities etc

    also of that 20% what percentage of the 80 already have it because they are working, couldn't get it through their parents etc etc

    sorry, nice try but your inane babble and attack on that poster was uncalled for, this is why everybody saw through it. Please keep trying to back pedal and reframe you post and move the goal posts, it furthers my entertainment. To show honesty and integrity the thing to do would be to say you misspoke and unfairly judge that poster but of course you cant do that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #34
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    As of today, Oct 1st, the Affordable Healthcare Act signup starts via the web at healthcare.gov.

    What are you planning to do? Take the poll. Note: If you pick "Other" please explain your general circumstance that doesn't fit in the 4 choices provided.
    I will when my current health care plan expires.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  5. #35
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Maggie I am so sorry to hear you have fallen for the lies of Obama care. Remember what Pelosi said, pass the bill and read it later.
    Obamacare is far from perfect. It's going to be tweaked right along. But this kind of improved healthcare insurance is sorely needed in this country. I'm one of those people who has purchased my health insurance on the open market individually all of my working career. That's what entrepreneurs do. No group coverage. No military coverage. No nothing. You buy what you can afford. And if you have a health history??? You're royally screwed!!

    Before I went into Illinois' ICHIP program (subsidized), I was paying $850 a month for a $5,200 deductible policy through American Family Insurance. Every year I saw my premiums raise 15% or more. I couldn't change to any other insurance company because I have a health history that immediately made me uninsurable. Could you afford $850 a month PLUS $5,200 a year in medical bills? Probably not. The greater majority of people in this country could not.

    Those who found themselves in my position, millions btw, if they had assets but couldn't afford that $850 a month -- $15,000 a year with the deductible -- they lost everything they had. And then they went on Medicaid.

    Others in their employers' group policies who might want to strike out on their own with a great business idea were hopelessly trapped in a system that encouraged you to use healthcare -- and then tracked your health history and used it against you to deny you coverage.

    That ****'s over with. No pre-existing conditions exclusions. And for that to happen??? Everybody's got to get insurance to spread the risk.

    Obamacare's not perfect. This 29-hour definition of full-time has GOT to be lowered. It will be. And then employers won't be able to screw their employees by staffing with 29-hour employees, thus avoiding buying health insurance as a group. I'm sure there's plenty more that needs tweaking. But DAMN if we're not on the right road.

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    are not premiums going up? why do you think is the cause? it is because of freeloader that will be getting theirs off the backs of someone else you most think things are free that you can give people health care and no one will have to pay for it don't you. I thought you was smarter then that Maggie I expected that out of agent j not you

    Allowing some one to stay on the parents plan longer the 18 cost the insurance companies more then they calculate. because they calculate the risk up to the age of 18 not 26 the longer someone is on a plan the higher the risk to require expansive treatment so when that happens that lost money is added to every one else's plan. its you that doesn't understand how it works not me
    If kids are allowed to stay in their parents' plan from the now 24 to age 26, it's figured in the loss ratio numbers and reflected in premiums. Do you have car insurance? By your definition, you're a freeloader. Do you have homeowners' insurance? By your definition, you're a freeloader. Do you have life insurance? By your definition, you're a freeloader. Learn the definition of insurance before you start calling people names.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    he already told you he is currently covered under his moms, but she is opting to sign up for the exchange. My GUESS would be for better/cheaper/ and or extended coverage other wise she would just keep her current coverage. I mean did you even read his post or you just wand to falsely bash him and accuse him of being a freeloader based on nothing but your own dishonest uninformed biased. I knew id like you next post and it would be more of the same misinformation and you simply not understanding reality.

    if you dont like ACA that fine theres plenty not to like about it, randomly bashing someone on it is inane topically uneducated hyperbolic babblel that nobody takes seriously.
    its full of crap because either the employee provided health care was crap which anyone would doubt not working as lawyer or he is just a liar

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Obamacare is far from perfect. It's going to be tweaked right along. But this kind of improved healthcare insurance is sorely needed in this country. I'm one of those people who has purchased my health insurance on the open market individually all of my working career. That's what entrepreneurs do. No group coverage. No military coverage. No nothing. You buy what you can afford. And if you have a health history??? You're royally screwed!!

    Before I went into Illinois' ICHIP program (subsidized), I was paying $850 a month for a $5,200 deductible policy through American Family Insurance. Every year I saw my premiums raise 15% or more. I couldn't change to any other insurance company because I have a health history that immediately made me uninsurable. Could you afford $850 a month PLUS $5,200 a year in medical bills? Probably not. The greater majority of people in this country could not.

    Those who found themselves in my position, millions btw, if they had assets but couldn't afford that $850 a month -- $15,000 a year with the deductible -- they lost everything they had. And then they went on Medicaid.

    Others in their employers' group policies who might want to strike out on their own with a great business idea were hopelessly trapped in a system that encouraged you to use healthcare -- and then tracked your health history and used it against you to deny you coverage.

    That ****'s over with. No pre-existing conditions exclusions. And for that to happen??? Everybody's got to get insurance to spread the risk.

    Obamacare's not perfect. This 29-hour definition of full-time has GOT to be lowered. It will be. And then employers won't be able to screw their employees by staffing with 29-hour employees, thus avoiding buying health insurance as a group. I'm sure there's plenty more that needs tweaking. But DAMN if we're not on the right road.



    If kids are allowed to stay in their parents' plan from the now 24 to age 26, it's figured in the loss ratio numbers and reflected in premiums. Do you have car insurance? By your definition, you're a freeloader. Do you have homeowners' insurance? By your definition, you're a freeloader. Do you have life insurance? By your definition, you're a freeloader. Learn the definition of insurance before you start calling people names.
    the only tweaking that has been done is for Obama cronies and you expect that for some unknown reasons and will be tweaked to help the little man Maggie please get off the Kool-Aid it is rotting your brain

    so what is Obama going to do next start penalizing companies that hire or put people on part time what do you think will happen after that companies will just stop hiring period

  8. #38
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,684
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Since the ACA was signed into law, my contribution to my health insurance has tripled while my benefits have fallen. However, if I signed up for the ACA, I'd pay more than double what I'm paying now.

    Fat lot of good that did us. That's why we need to repeal and replace. Now.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  9. #39
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    its full of crap because either the employee provided health care was crap which anyone would doubt not working as lawyer or he is just a liar
    riiiiiiiight, says you lol
    nice try


    so tell me, is he factually a "freeloader" or not?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #40
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: What will you do now that the ACA sign up has started?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    and im done talking to some one who admits date raping women
    wow you really are desperate to deflect from your failed post lol please continue to make more stuff up thats hilarious
    at the end of the day your post was factually wrong and in baseless topically uneducated attack that failed and got mocked.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •