View Poll Results: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 11.90%
  • No

    32 76.19%
  • Not sure

    5 11.90%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

  1. #1
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    This will be a public poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  2. #2
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    They are contra-addictive. Do some people get lost in the moment? Yes, sadly. But addictive in the traditional sense - no, not at all.

    Only opiates and nicotine are truly addictive. Pot and Meth are "psychologically addictive" but not at all physically addictive.

    Cocaine. Strange, stupid drug. I've seen people get so psychologically addicted they throw their lives away but it is not addictive per se.

    (the above is only an opinion. Please consult with your drug dealer before investing)

  3. #3
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    They are contra-addictive. Do some people get lost in the moment? Yes, sadly. But addictive in the traditional sense - no, not at all.

    Only opiates and nicotine are truly addictive. Pot and Meth are "psychologically addictive" but not at all physically addictive.

    Cocaine. Strange, stupid drug. I've seen people get so psychologically addicted they throw their lives away but it is not addictive per se.

    (the above is only an opinion. Please consult with your drug dealer before investing)
    Isn't caffeine physically addictive?

  4. #4
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    They are contra-addictive. Do some people get lost in the moment? Yes, sadly. But addictive in the traditional sense - no, not at all.

    Only opiates and nicotine are truly addictive. Pot and Meth are "psychologically addictive" but not at all physically addictive.

    Cocaine. Strange, stupid drug. I've seen people get so psychologically addicted they throw their lives away but it is not addictive per se.

    (the above is only an opinion. Please consult with your drug dealer before investing)
    Cocaine is technically addictive as it activate the reward center in the brain. Personally, it's pretty easy to do twice and never touch again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  5. #5
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Isn't caffeine physically addictive?
    I get headaches from it? Not sure if that counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  6. #6
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    The last time I ingested any l.s.d. was in 1974, and psilocybin 1976.

    I can assure you, they aren't addictive.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #7
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    The last time I ingested any l.s.d. was in 1974, and psilocybin 1976.

    I can assure you, they aren't addictive.
    I know. I'm waiting for someone to try to argue that they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  8. #8
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Isn't caffeine physically addictive?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Cocaine is technically addictive as it activate the reward center in the brain. Personally, it's pretty easy to do twice and never touch again.
    It's true that caffeine is addictive but it's pretty easy to get off it (tylenol). I didn't include it because it's a harmless addiction, like Manga or DP.

    Cocaine is kind of weird. I've seen people lose it but once they ran out of money, they didn't really show withdrawal symptoms per se.

  9. #9
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    I know. I'm waiting for someone to try to argue that they are.
    A pox on these evil, addictive drugs, then! :

    Just look what they've done to me!!
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Are LSD and Psilocybin addictive?

    I said I wasn't sure. I am guessing they are not inherently addictive, but I also assume that some people who are Polysubstance Dependent would use them habitually if available, though that probably speaks more to the person's indiscriminate substance addiction tendencies than the psychoactivity of the substances themselves.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •