View Poll Results: Is our civilisation pathetic?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 16.13%
  • No

    52 83.87%
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 527

Thread: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

  1. #11
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It is quite obvious that your repeated use of the word EVERYONE was wrong the first time you used it and is only compounded by its repeated use.
    Not really, no.

    EVERYONE wants to live in a good world.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Well, you are obviously not very open minded.

    My post was intended as is. You can interpret it however you want. I just think you should open your mind in general.

    Don't stay in the box.
    You claim to speak for every person on the planet then someone says you don't speak for them, your first thought isn't "O I must be wrong because if every person did agree with me this guy wouldn't be disagreeing with me"

    Nope, too arrogant to see that.

  3. #13
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You know how I know you're way too arrogant to think reasonably? You're signature's quote is one from yourself, and it ironically mentions preaching.

    Take a step back, and realize you aren't as smart as you think you are.
    well. I could write a million signatures about our society.

    I didn't intend to claim I was smart, I intended to claim that our society is pathetic. If you think my post was that clever that you think I intended to be smart, then, thanks!
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #14
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Ummm, good luck with that dream you're having.
    I have seven thousand million dreams
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #15
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Well, you are obviously not very open minded.

    My post was intended as is. You can interpret it however you want. I just think you should open your mind in general.

    Don't stay in the box.
    Please, explain how I am not open minded. I just found problems with what you wrote, factual problems. How does that mean I am not open minded?

    And really what you said wasn't even a serious response to what I wrote.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #16
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You claim to speak for every person on the planet then someone says you don't speak for them, your first thought isn't "O I must be wrong because if every person did agree with me this guy wouldn't be disagreeing with me"

    Nope, too arrogant to see that.
    You take things far too literally. Perhaps people in your country cannot have free opinions anymore, but in Europe we are still free to have opinions without getting attacked in unconstructive ways.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #17
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Please, explain how I am not open minded. I just found problems with what you wrote, factual problems. How does that mean I am not open minded?

    And really what you said wasn't even a serious response to what I wrote.
    The world is not only about facts.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #18
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,323

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Not really, no.

    EVERYONE wants to live in a good world.
    This may be true, the issue is that not everyone agrees on the definition of what a good world is.
    To some a good world would be a Caliphate, a completely Islamic world,
    To others a good world might be unlimited freedom of expression,
    Still others may not think the world good, until they had complete control.

  9. #19
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You take things far too literally. Perhaps people in your country cannot have free opinions anymore, but in Europe we are still free to have opinions without getting attacked in unconstructive ways.
    Well, we do seem to be experiencing an exponential parasitic infestation, and I don't just mean Republicans, of the planet by the human race. We rush toward exhaustion of resources and carbon cycle overload simultaneously as if we are heading toward a brick wall at a hundred mph and pretend that the wall is a filament of stray thought and not reality. Technically sophisticated morons. Or not?

  10. #20
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    This may be true, the issue is that not everyone agrees on the definition of what a good world is.
    To some a good world would be a Caliphate, a completely Islamic world,
    To others a good world might be unlimited freedom of expression,
    Still others may not think the world good, until they had complete control.

    Its not true as a fact, but the world is not about facts.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •