View Poll Results: Is our civilisation pathetic?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 16.13%
  • No

    52 83.87%
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 527

Thread: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,770

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Ahh, I love it when person B tells person A what the opinion of person A is.

    Do you understand that a sentence which opens with the words DO YOU and then ending in a question mark indicates a question to you rather than me telling you what your opinion is?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #132
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypersonic View Post
    I voted no.

    There are a lot of good humans on this planet that strive to make change. However government issues like wars, or planetary problems maybe too big for some people but people try.

    However if you are the type to call this planet crap and you aren't making any changes, you should kill yourself because you are in the way of progress
    I never said there wasnt any good people.

    I suggest the same as you then, if you are one of the people making this planet a worse place.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #133
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Now check this out:



    No, it really truly is not your tree. Do you see where you just criticized people for laying claim to others' resources... and then did exactly that yourself?

    You are laying claim to the resources of this planet.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #134
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Here's my prediction:

    Idiots, morons, malcontents, rejects, the ugly, the fat, the stupid and the just plain undesirable will continue to complain about society forever.



    I agree.

    I'm 70-years old and that has been going on as far back as I can remember and I see no reason to believe that it will stop anytime soon.

    It may, but I doubt it.




    [B]"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers.[/B]

  5. #135
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Strongly disagree. Bad form. Inappropriate and overly negative views of the self, the world and the future are hallmark features of depressive disorders, which tend to be episodic and very treatable conditions. Suicide ends the illness but it also ends a life. The guilt, shame and negativity Maximus has been sharing is not necessarily a permanent attitude or condition. I don't think he should kill himself just because he has some of that going on. He just needs to process through it and, in all hope and likelihood, he'll come out okay on the other end and see things a little more balanced. I'll probably always disagree with him politically, but that's no reason to wish death upon him.
    Judging by the way you live and think, you should have all that going on.

    Personally I have none of that going on, I just feel ashamed being a human being, living in such a civilisation.

    I feel even more ashamed when I am on this forum and seeing what people write here.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #136
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    That's an oversimplification. They would all have to be morons to be motivated by nothing other than that. They believe their acts are justified because their God tells them to do it, or their religious leaders tell them to do it. They believe they are doing "what is right" So to them it is acting on gods word and should not be judged the same as a senseless act of violence would be. Sound familiar?
    An analyses of someone who is probably not at all familiar with the reality of the situaiton they talk about.

    Perhaps the reality is completely different than the one you think. What is your take on normal white western terrorists?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #137
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    , the fat ........ will continue to complain about society forever.
    Come on,Man, that's just not fair. Compared to you, that's 99.9736% of all humanity.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #138
    Professor Hypersonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-13 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,379

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I never said there wasnt any good people.

    I suggest the same as you then, if you are one of the people making this planet a worse place.
    I actually try to make a difference. I go out of my way to help people, animals included. When you're shot in the chest I am the one helping you on that gurney and grant it, it's not a part of my job description but I do it. When you say this world is pathetic you talk about any and everything in it, including those responding here.

    Let me ask you. What are you doing to change the world besides complaining about it?

  9. #139
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I just feel ashamed being a human being, living in such a civilisation.

    .
    If you think that's bad, just try imagining the chagrin of those in your civilization at the realization you are in it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #140
    Professor Hypersonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-13 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,379

    re: Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Judging by the way you live and think, you should have all that going on.

    Personally I have none of that going on, I just feel ashamed being a human being, living in such a civilisation.

    I feel even more ashamed when I am on this forum and seeing what people write here.
    If you are sick of being human why exist? If you are ashamed at what you see on the forum why participate?

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •