View Poll Results: does rush limbaugh believes in what he says?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    25 56.82%
  • no

    15 34.09%
  • not sure

    4 9.09%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: Is rush limbaugh serious?

  1. #61
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,689

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This doesn't sound hypocritical to me from what Tucker's said, it seems right in line with what he's saying. He wasn't going "woe is me, society caused me to do this, a disease made me do it". He made a choice, a wrong one, and one that was a mistake, and owned up to it.

    That said, yes, he was a bit hypocritical. I find it rather hillarious though that Liberals seem to only rant, rave, and insult people over being hypocrites when its someone of the opposition. As rev pointed out, and I agree here, if Obama starts talking about drug use being bad will we have calls from the left of "Oh yeah, listen to that former coke-fiend lecturing about drugs". I'm going to guess no. But they'll sing it to the skies about Rush.

    He has a principled view on drugs, he made a poor personal choice, he's owned up to that choice and doesn't shift the blame onto society or his upbringing, and he specifically tells people he was wrong and not to look at him as a role model.

    Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather that than someone who purposefully didn't want to have any principles because they're scared to death they may not live up to them.
    I think the difference is in how addiction is dealt with. It's a medical issue and should be treated as such. Sending them up the river isn't effective. Rehab is far more effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  2. #62
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,689

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I think as Ideologically as consistant as most people yes.





    By this logic, there is no way for you to argue that Obama is not a racist, since he could no more disown one than he could his racist granmother who is like all those racist whiteys.....



    In fact you are showing yourself to be less "idealogically consistant" than anything Rush has shown.
    I see you are still twisting his comments.

    You are consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,970

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    That doesn't address the fact that the second thing you quoted as evidence he was a hypocrite is actually right in line with how he handled the situation involving himself.

  4. #64
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I see you are still twisting his comments.

    You are consistent.




    Intellectual attempt at a response, FAIL.


    Please try again.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #65
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,689

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    How is that even relevant IT?
    You brought up honesty. That was dishonest.

    I wasn't even talking about honesty. I didn't say Rush was lying when he made those comments. He had no compassion until he was in that predicament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  6. #66
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You brought up honesty. That was dishonest.

    I wasn't even talking about honesty. I didn't say Rush was lying when he made those comments. He had no compassion until he was in that predicament.



    talk about twisting facts and words..... Your hatred for the man clouds your judgment and allows your hypocrisy to shine through.


    Good for you......


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #67
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,689

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That doesn't address the fact that the second thing you quoted as evidence he was a hypocrite is actually right in line with how he handled the situation involving himself.
    I know, but people are making excuses for Rush's doctor shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  8. #68
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I know, but people are making excuses for Rush's doctor shopping.


    Really? Who is making excuses for his doctor shopping.


    Please quote and link.


    Thanks.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #69
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,689

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    talk about twisting facts and words..... Your hatred for the man clouds your judgment and allows your hypocrisy to shine through.


    Good for you......
    I don't hate him.

    I see why you need me to though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,970

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    What was your point about

    I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party and liberalism does.
    Is this back to the topic of the thread in regards to if he believes what he says, or is it something to do with the current topic?

    Essentially, he was saying the asme thing many conservatives did. There were a LOT of things being done by republicans over the past 8 years that we were unhappy about. And Rush, like others, DID talk about those things negatively. But, when the time came for election season, if it came down to that republican we were unhappy with and a democrat he would back that republican fully. And year after year he, and other conservatives, continued to do it with hopes it'd start moving back right and year after year we were getting the same bad results.

    His rant there came partially out of frustration it seemed, and partially out of entertainment hoping it'd cause a stir (which worked at the time). But I don't think its an inconsistancy in stance, nor does it show he doesn't mean what he says. He was doing the same as you, and many others, have stated we have to do sometimes...support the lesser of two evils. His rant was in frustration of having to do such instead of having a chance to support someone he actually likes.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •