View Poll Results: does rush limbaugh believes in what he says?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    25 56.82%
  • no

    15 34.09%
  • not sure

    4 9.09%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 102

Thread: Is rush limbaugh serious?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,633

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    While I'm sure he believes a lot of what he says, the majority of what he does on his radio show is all about money and ratings and his overblown extremism, name-calling, etc. is simply to line his pockets with the cash of the conservative audience who has bought into his line of baloney.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,971

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    the issue isn't how things are viewed in the minds of the vast majority.

    your argument is an appeal to popularity.

    hypocrisy is hypocrisy. period.

    Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. Not arguing against that. What I'm stating though is that hypocrisy doesn't necessarily impact sales or popularity. Whether its hypocritical that (it seems to me) a majority of people view addictions to perscription drugs less serious than addiction to coke doesn't change the potential fact that they do. And because it seems they do, Rush's listenership likely is hurt far less that he's was a "drug addict" to pain killers rarther than a "drug addict" to blow.

    You can say its a hypocritical view by the american public, and I'd agree, but it doesn't change the business affects of it.

  3. #33
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. Not arguing against that. What I'm stating though is that hypocrisy doesn't necessarily impact sales or popularity. Whether its hypocritical that (it seems to me) a majority of people view addictions to perscription drugs less serious than addiction to coke doesn't change the potential fact that they do. And because it seems they do, Rush's listenership likely is hurt far less that he's was a "drug addict" to pain killers rarther than a "drug addict" to blow.

    You can say its a hypocritical view by the american public, and I'd agree, but it doesn't change the business affects of it.
    Those people typically feel sympatheitc to the guy who's addicted to painkillers while they demonize the blow addict. They don't take into account the fact that in the end, it's all teh same thing. OxyContin is an opiate, just like Herion is. They don't say things like "Rush was an Opiate addict, just like a herion Junky is."

    It's hypocritical, but the reason for their sympathy is they don't realize that prescription drug addiction is no different from non-prescription drug addiction. Abuse is abuse.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #34
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I know this may shock and amaze some people, and I know there'll be people screaming "Its hypocritical" and maybe it will be...

    But being addicted to perscription pain killers you started taking for pain is viewed differently in the mind of the vast majority of Americans than dropping acid or snorting coke.
    Rush being exposed is what helped create that perception and it's a class-based breath of hypocrisy. It's akin to the myth that most alcoholics are homeless freaks sucking on dirty mops.

  5. #35
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I don't doubt that Limbaugh believes what he claims to believe (for the most part). I'm sure he truly is conservative and truly does have doubts about Obama. However, the outrageous WAY in which he often expresses himself is done for the purpose of making money IMO. The same goes for Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, or Arianna Huffington.
    He says himself that he's an entertainer trying to be entertaining and that he does go to the absurd to make a point.

    But that's not what the OP had in mind -- he asked if Limbaugh actually believes what he says. I think, agree with him or not, it's clear that he does.

    Huffington is just a whore, plain and simple. Moore and Coulter may be outrageous and offensive, but they stick to a consistent side.
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  6. #36
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    The OP is a moot question anyways because it doesn't matter if Rush holds personal convictions about his xenophobia, bigotry, racism, sexism, islamaphobia, and anti-Americanism. We know plenty of his fans hold those views. That is the hurdle we have to get over.

  7. #37
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by nes View Post
    Do you think Rush Limbaugh believes in what he says or he just fakes believing in what he says for the money?

    What does he say?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #38
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Those people typically feel sympatheitc to the guy who's addicted to painkillers while they demonize the blow addict. They don't take into account the fact that in the end, it's all teh same thing. OxyContin is an opiate, just like Herion is. They don't say things like "Rush was an Opiate addict, just like a herion Junky is."

    It's hypocritical, but the reason for their sympathy is they don't realize that prescription drug addiction is no different from non-prescription drug addiction. Abuse is abuse.



    i disagree.....



    why does a heroin junky decide to start using heroin, how does he go about doing it?


    why does a person with severe pain get perscribed pain killers?



    the addiction is scientifically the same, but i do not think people who get perscribed medication and suffer the side affect of addiction are in the same boat as someone who chooses to do recreational drugs and get addicted.



    now not you. but it seems the same people who say "addiction is a disease" are the same people who do not extend that same statment to Rush because of his politics. this is not only hypocritical, but very telling of thier character or more likley there lack there of.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 02-08-09 at 08:41 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #39
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,096

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by nes View Post
    Do you think Rush Limbaugh believes in what he says or he just fakes believing in what he says for the money?
    I think if you listen to his show for a while you wouldn't need this poll.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,096

    Re: Is rush limbaugh serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    While I'm sure he believes a lot of what he says, the majority of what he does on his radio show is all about money and ratings and his overblown extremism, name-calling, etc. is simply to line his pockets with the cash of the conservative audience who has bought into his line of baloney.
    He doesn't hide the fact that he is trying to make money. But if you listened to his show, you'd know that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •