View Poll Results: Huntsman 2016?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's the front-runner

    2 5.00%
  • Probably will be stronger, but still doesn't have enough

    9 22.50%
  • No, not really

    27 67.50%
  • Other

    2 5.00%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 140

Thread: Huntsman 2016?

  1. #31
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Santorum and Romney didn't come off as clowns, except as edited for the purpose of making them look that way.
    Romney was one of the best men to ever run for president. it sucks he lost to one of the worst



  2. #32
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Huntsman IMO would be a good candidate not to extreme and on the "hot topic issues" kind of middle of the road in general
    Jon Huntsman on the Issues


    He has evolved on equal rights for gays he now supports them.
    "All Americans should be treated equally by the law, whether they marry in a church, another religious institution, or a town hall. This does not mean that any religious group would be forced by the state to recognize relationships that run counter to their conscience. Civil equality is compatible with, and indeed promotes, freedom of conscience."

    He supports the 2nd amendment

    not so good on the antiabortion front to extreme

    seems good on government reform, corporations and crime and some other issues


    but my guess is with politics current scene like it is, "sterotypical" him supporting equal rights (some how this has become bad) will NEVER allow him to get the republican nomination and thats sad.
    I find it curious that you agree with his stance on gay rights, as you argued against this part of the statement in the photography thread; "This does not mean that any religious group would be forced by the state to recognize relationships that run counter to their conscience." Any way he's way to moderate to get nominated.

  3. #33
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    will the person you vote for in 2016...work to reduce the size and scope of the federal government?..or will he just continue on with the large intrusive government we have now and build on it?

  4. #34
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I find it curious that you agree with his stance on gay rights, as you argued against this part of the statement in the photography thread; "This does not mean that any religious group would be forced by the state to recognize relationships that run counter to their conscience." Any way he's way to moderate to get nominated.
    not sure what you are saying?

    i never argued against that statement, he is actually repeating the facts i point out to people with the failed strawmen about churches.

    he is smart enough to know there are fear mongers out their and idiots that think that its possible so he made the statement to cut them off at the pass and say "This does not mean that any religious group would be forced by the state to recognize relationships that run counter to their conscience."

    now people cant use that failed strawman because he already defeated it


    you trying to connect that to the photography instance is a failure because those people were not forced to do anything.

    They broke the law and violated rights, these facts cant be changed.

    You simply misunderstand the reality and mix the facts with your opinion.

    Let me know if i can clear up anything else for you.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #35
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,966

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Given your politics that means he was the most RINOesque of the bunch

    Anyone who is pro freedom is probably clownish to you
    Anyone who says overtly stupid things, anyone who resorts to extremism instead of rationality is what I consider to be clownish. And, as I said, Huntsman was the only one I saw in the debates I thought was worth my consideration for a vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Santorum and Romney didn't come off as clowns, except as edited for the purpose of making them look that way.
    I watched the debates as they happened (with the exception of one, I believe). Yes, they did.

  6. #36
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Anyone who says overtly stupid things, anyone who resorts to extremism instead of rationality is what I consider to be clownish. And, as I said, Huntsman was the only one I saw in the debates I thought was worth my consideration for a vote.
    I watched the debates as they happened (with the exception of one, I believe). Yes, they did.
    Did you or would you have voted for Reagan?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #37
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Anyone who says overtly stupid things, anyone who resorts to extremism instead of rationality is what I consider to be clownish. And, as I said, Huntsman was the only one I saw in the debates I thought was worth my consideration for a vote.
    I watched the debates as they happened (with the exception of one, I believe). Yes, they did.



    Yeah your definition of stupid is probably a bit different than most of ours.



  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Huntsman 2016?

    Yes, it's very preliminary, and a lot can happen between now and then, but if you had to venture a guess, what do you think of Jon Huntsman's chances for gaining the Republican nomination for President in 2016? Do you think he made enough of a name for himself to be honestly considered by enough people next time?
    we had a rino in 2008 fail
    we had a rino in 2012 fail
    so we need one in 2016? fail
    definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results

  9. #39
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Anyone who says overtly stupid things, anyone who resorts to extremism instead of rationality is what I consider to be clownish. And, as I said, Huntsman was the only one I saw in the debates I thought was worth my consideration for a vote.
    I watched the debates as they happened (with the exception of one, I believe). Yes, they did.
    Please, give an in context quote that you found clownish, so that I can measure whether it is the accused clown or if perhaps it is clownish perception.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Huntsman 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Anyone who says overtly stupid things, anyone who resorts to extremism instead of rationality is what I consider to be clownish. And, as I said, Huntsman was the only one I saw in the debates I thought was worth my consideration for a vote.
    I watched the debates as they happened (with the exception of one, I believe). Yes, they did.
    because you are a liberal so of coarse you would vote for a rino

    the biggest problem with the republican party is they have to many big government democrats in it

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •