View Poll Results: Should owning property be a requirement to vote

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, only property owners should vote

    10 10.00%
  • no, let everyone vote

    90 90.00%
Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 654

Thread: Only property owners should vote

  1. #591
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the point is


    the left panders to net tax consumers
    the point is that you are impotent to identify the term with any applicable formula.

    I will come back in the morning and see if you have used your two years wisely to finally producve what you have been unable to produce since the first time you mentioned this nonsense about NET TAXPAYERS.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #592
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    the point is that you are impotent to identify the term with any applicable formula.
    and that doesn't matter. it has no relevance to the point. the point being the people each party panders to

    its self defining.



  3. #593
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you don't like the answers and you don't like the obvious point

    this country has way too many people who suck on the public teat and vote for those who give them milk paid for by others.
    I see changes coming. There are a lot of farmers in my area, the EWG website is catching on and many people here are realizing that our government is making millionaires out of average people. Our jailer elminated our jail tax a decade ago and now our municipality costs are dropping thanks to all the jail labor that is at our disposal.

  4. #594
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,452
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    I voted no because we have enough of a problem with a "rental" culture instead of an "ownership" one.

    Add a political incentive to limit home ownership and damn near everybody who doesn't already own will spend their lives on the rent treadmill.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #595
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Income taxes are the ones that are most relative for buying votes and being important in an election

    you don't hear much about excise taxes on alcohol or ammo
    You don't hear people complain as much about excise taxes because people don't see them when paying them. Out of sight, out of mind. Works as intended, and why excise taxes are often chosen, so that fewer people will complain.

    Same concept behind income tax withholding... if you don't see the money, don't have to write a check, you won't be as upset as you would if you did have to write a check... though it cannot be hidden as efficiently, and not at all for self-employed people.

    Regardless, no federal tax is more or less a federal tax based on the collection method.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #596
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Income taxes was the conversation, but deflection is just part of you I guess
    No, federal taxes was the question. It was narrowed down to income taxes when the inconvenient fact regarding all federal taxes was brought out.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #597
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Whether taxes paid are required or voluntary is irrelevant. If they're paid, they're paid. Period.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #598
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    No, federal taxes was the question. It was narrowed down to income taxes when the inconvenient fact regarding all federal taxes was brought out.
    Federal income taxes

  9. #599
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    It is interesting and ironic that most of the people who support the taking of people's ability to vote are also usually those who decry too much government involvement and too much government bureaucracy. Yet, the kind of bureaucracy that it would take to enforce these limitations... especially if we started issuing exceptions for things like current military service as some have suggested... would be exactly the kind of intrusion into people's lives that they abhor.

    Apparently, government bureaucracy and intrusion is ok as long as the end result is what we want individually.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #600
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Oh god now you are claiming illiteracy
    Read what I posted and your response to it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •