View Poll Results: Should owning property be a requirement to vote

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, only property owners should vote

    10 10.00%
  • no, let everyone vote

    90 90.00%
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 654

Thread: Only property owners should vote

  1. #511
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    We need to start educating kids in school when they're young on how to budget their money, credit, the stock market, etc. I think that schools spend a minimal amount of time on these important life skills. This would be a much more useful skill to many more people than say algebra.

    Point is though, no matter what we do, there will always be poor people, and they are entitled to their opinions and votes as citizens whether or not you agree with them.
    No one is entitled to any action that has an effect on another individual to provide for their personal support...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Look, call it whatever you want, it's wrong and it's an infringement on our fellow citizens. It's horrible idea.



    Well, I disagree. For one thing, your time on welfare is limited. You cannot collect indefinitely. It is meant as a helping hand. What should happen is to reduce fraud and waste and to target those who are collecting it that don't really need it. I'm FAR from rich, and I have no problem with helping my fellow Americans with my taxpayer monies temporarily until they can get a job and make a living wage. I don't think that being poor is always a person's fault but of circumstances sometimes. And an important thing to remember is that there just aren't enough jobs to go around, especially GOOD jobs.
    The huge loophole here is that more and more losers are switching from welfare to disability. It is easier to qualify for every day and disability claims are through the roof.

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Because it's a right not a privilege.
    No, it's not.

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Because it's a right not a privilege.
    You are getting stuck on stupid. There is no right to vote in the bill of rights.

  5. #515
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Because it's a right not a privilege.
    It is not a right regardless of what is included in the Constitutional wording of amendments relating to those who may not be disenfranchised...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it's not.
    Yes it is *sticks out tongue*

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Most people who "think" they are property owners, are not.
    If they stopped making payments for just a few months, they'd be on the street.
    Agreed. The fact that the government forces you to pay them on a continual basis to live on the land you bought and when you fail to pay them the government seizes the property shows very clearly they never transfered ownership on the sale of the land. Property taxes are at the most fundamental level a violation of property rights.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-26-13 at 09:16 PM.

  8. #518
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes it is *sticks out tongue*
    Could you point out the instance where this is stated in the Constitution, not relating to disenfranchisement?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #519
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You are getting stuck on stupid. There is no right to vote in the bill of rights.
    It is accepted as a right, and you know it is. It is called the right to vote.

    This is your goal right?

    When the polls open on Election Day, every citizen over the age of 18 will be able to cast a vote. It is a right we take for granted, one that defines our nation as a democracy. But universal suffrage — letting everyone vote — did not appear overnight with the ratification of our Constitution. Two hundred years ago, you had to be white, male, and wealthy in order to vote. The three people profiled below dedicated their lives to changing that fact. Without them, suffrage might still be the privilege of a chosen few.
    Disgusting.

  10. #520
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It is accepted as a right, and you know it is. It is called the right to vote.

    This is your goal right?



    Disgusting.
    When a drum beats long enough, you forget where the sound originates...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •