View Poll Results: Should owning property be a requirement to vote

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, only property owners should vote

    10 10.00%
  • no, let everyone vote

    90 90.00%
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 654

Thread: Only property owners should vote

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I would very much like to know if I and others are NET USERS or NET CONTRIBUTORS. Could you please post the formula so I can apply it and find out the answer to this question?
    I know who isn't a net contributor, anyone on food stamps or welfare, we can start there.

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I know who isn't a net contributor, anyone on food stamps or welfare, we can start there.
    How did you make that determination?

    Could you please publish the formula so all of us can apply it propertly to see if we are in which category?

    Does it change from year to year? From month to month? Can it change weekly or daily?

    What is included in the computation?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How did you make that determination?

    Could you please publish the formula so all of us can apply it propertly to see if we are in which category?

    Does it change from year to year? From month to month? Can it change weekly or daily?

    What is included in the computation?
    Pretty simple really, if you are on food stamps or welfare you can't vote and no you can't go off those programs on voting day and back on the day after.

  4. #144
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Well first of all it's unconstitutional and a violation of basic rights in a democracy. Should renters not be able to vote? Restricting it to only those who pay income tax is also incredibly idiotic you disenfranchise people like students, those who can't work like disabled people, the unemployed who just their job because of economic recession or similar circumstance, etc. It would be so incredibly discriminatory it's amazing. Since I saw it in this thread literacy tests are also horrible and discriminatory.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well first of all it's unconstitutional and a violation of basic rights in a democracy. Should renters not be able to vote? Restricting it to only those who pay income tax is also incredibly idiotic you disenfranchise people like students, those who can't work like disabled people, the unemployed who just their job because of economic recession or similar circumstance, etc. It would be so incredibly discriminatory it's amazing. Since I saw it in this thread literacy tests are also horrible and discriminatory.
    Well first of all it is not unconstitutional, voting is not a constitutional right.

  6. #146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Pretty simple really, if you are on food stamps or welfare you can't vote and no you can't go off those programs on voting day and back on the day after.
    Too simple really. I suspect you do not have the slightest idea as to what you are talking about and that is why you are avoiding like the plague answering the direct question: What is the formula I need to apply to my own life to see if I am a contributor or the opposite?

    But please - prove me wrong - by giving me the formula. DO IT.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Well first of all it is not unconstitutional, voting is not a constitutional right.
    The US Constitution mentions the right to vote five different times in five different places.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #148
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    It simply does not compute. I don't see anything immoral, wanting to have ones taxes reduced. I find it very offensive and immoral for people demanding government give them more of other people's money.

    Are these "rich" asking the government to take "poor" people's money?
    Yes. What have these rich people done to justify it? They're not "job creators." They had 10 years of Bush Tax Cuts to create jobs, and they didn't do it. Frankly, they need to be punished, for fraud if nothing else.

  9. #149
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    15 pages in and still not one logical reason for this absurd idea and failed OP
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #150
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    Re: Only property owners should vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Pretty simple really, if you are on food stamps or welfare you can't vote and no you can't go off those programs on voting day and back on the day after.
    It would be far easier for them to get off those programs if the election resulted in politicians who passed jobs bills and minimum-wage increases. Therefore, they have the duty to vote, not just the right.

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •