View Poll Results: Should NFL be required to pay Federal taxes?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (explain)

    46 80.70%
  • No (explain)

    6 10.53%
  • Other (explain)

    5 8.77%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 159

Thread: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

  1. #131
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Meaningless token gestures count for nothing. If the NFL was truly a trade organization, they would have put their full support behind the XFL for instance.
    you making **** up as you go counts for less.

    The Nebraska State Dairy Association could care less about milk production in in Iowa. It doesn't seek to improve Iowa Dairy farmers, but gets the same tax exempt status you claimed can't happen. stop pretending to know things you don't know.

  2. #132
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you making **** up as you go counts for less.

    The Nebraska State Dairy Association could care less about milk production in in Iowa. It doesn't seek to improve Iowa Dairy farmers, but gets the same tax exempt status you claimed can't happen. stop pretending to know things you don't know.
    If a new dairy opens in Nebraska, they'd be welcome in the Nebraska State Dairy Association.

    If a new football team forms on its own in Los Angeles, and signs players, the NFL wouldn't even consider letting them join.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #133
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    It's amazing that some people will ignore all reason, legality, logic and even obvious facts to perpetuate a narrative that they have committed themselves to.

    That it occurs over such a stupid bait scam is amusing.

    It's 9b untaxed!
    Ok, it's 200m untaxed!
    They should pay taxes on dues even if they do not make a profit!


    It's like it doesn't matter that someone has gone from claiming 9b to claiming 200m, or that they've been shown that the org is non-profit. Nor that they've been shown that all income for the org is dues from members. Heck, nothing matters. They will continue forward, like mindless orcs, excited by the smell of easy tax dollars.

    Here's what I think happened: Some guys lost their girlfriends to dudes who were into the NFL. Now, they're committed to hate the NFL despite all reason and facts. Sure, they claim they hate the NFL because sports are stupid, but there's something personal going on. There must be, to explain this idiocy.


    And here's the best part: this happens about every 2-3 years. The "NFL pays no taxes" trolling boat glides by and moron tunas bite with all they've got.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 09-25-13 at 12:49 PM.

  4. #134
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If a new dairy opens in Nebraska, they'd be welcome in the Nebraska State Dairy Association.

    If a new football team forms on its own in Los Angeles, and signs players, the NFL wouldn't even consider letting them join.
    If a dairy farm opens up ion Iowa, the Nebraska State Dairy Association won't let it join.

  5. #135
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    If a dairy farm opens up ion Iowa, the Nebraska State Dairy Association won't let it join.
    Yeah, so? A church in Chicago won't be able to help people in Montana, either. You accuse the other guy of making up ridiculous stuff, yet here you are doing exactly the same thing. Pot, kettle, black.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #136
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Yeah, so? A church in Chicago won't be able to help people in Montana, either. You accuse the other guy of making up ridiculous stuff, yet here you are doing exactly the same thing. Pot, kettle, black.
    so it violates his bull**** claim

    catering exclusively to the business needs of specific for profit organizations is not something a non-profit organization is allowed to do.

    you can be nonprofit, and work exclusively for a state, or a type of cow, or a type of animal, or a type of game with specific types of rules. he made up nonsense, and was called on it.

    not sure what you are doing

  7. #137
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    so it violates his bull**** claim

    catering exclusively to the business needs of specific for profit organizations is not something a non-profit organization is allowed to do.

    you can be nonprofit, and work exclusively for a state, or a type of cow, or a type of animal, or a type of game with specific types of rules. he made up nonsense, and was called on it.

    not sure what you are doing
    You seem to be saying that geography makes a difference.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #138
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You seem to be saying that geography makes a difference.
    or the type of animal, or anything else a non profit want to cater to.

    he made up rules that don't exist, and you are here doing what?

  9. #139
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    or the type of animal, or anything else a non profit want to cater to.

    he made up rules that don't exist, and you are here doing what?
    Arguing with someone who seemingly has no point or purpose, apparently. Carry on. I'll leave you two to get a room.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #140
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should Congress revoke the NFL's tax exempt status?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Arguing with someone who seemingly has no point or purpose, apparently. Carry on. I'll leave you two to get a room.
    my point is pretty clear, in that I am arguing with someone over false statements they make.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •