View Poll Results: Does Obama want a government shut down?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 40.00%
  • No

    30 60.00%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 138

Thread: Does Obama want a government shut down?

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,295

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    You are probably right, but that will leave it to go to conference. At that point the house can refuse negotiation, gov would shutdown for only a few hours before the house starts sending department spending authorizations up to the senate one by one and dare the senate to allow the shut down of each individual department to continue.
    who wins that battle
    ?
    Depends on what the reporting is like ... guess that's not really much of a toss-up is it.

  2. #102
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Depends on what the reporting is like ... guess that's not really much of a toss-up is it.
    point taken

  3. #103
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Obama is irrelevant - who cares what he wants.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #104
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Obama is irrelevant - who cares what he wants.
    Greetings, CJ.

    My question is: how does this benefit anyone? I doubt many businesses are going to continue to pay 40-hours wages to a 30-hour work week, so if that's the case, people are going to find their paychecks a lot smaller than they're used to be. With Obamacare kicking in soon, that seems like a double whammy...lower paychecks at the same time everyone now pays more for health insurance. Well, everyone except those, like unions, who are receiving exemptions. Have I missed something important here?

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, CJ.

    My question is: how does this benefit anyone? I doubt many businesses are going to continue to pay 40-hours wages to a 30-hour work week, so if that's the case, people are going to find their paychecks a lot smaller than they're used to be. With Obamacare kicking in soon, that seems like a double whammy...lower paychecks at the same time everyone now pays more for health insurance. Well, everyone except those, like unions, who are receiving exemptions. Have I missed something important here?
    On top of that, add the ridiculous price of gasoline and steadily rising food costs also are crippling the working people.

    Now..if we were all unionized govt employees we'd be fine...

  6. #106
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your thoughts please.
    I think he does. The president has the bully pulpit and can be heard way above any member of congress. The presidents hopes is a government shut can be blame solely on the Republicans. It will probably work.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, CJ.

    My question is: how does this benefit anyone? I doubt many businesses are going to continue to pay 40-hours wages to a 30-hour work week, so if that's the case, people are going to find their paychecks a lot smaller than they're used to be. With Obamacare kicking in soon, that seems like a double whammy...lower paychecks at the same time everyone now pays more for health insurance. Well, everyone except those, like unions, who are receiving exemptions. Have I missed something important here?
    Howdy Pol. If the president was smart, he would waive all of Obama care for everyone for a year. That would get him past the 2014 elections. Obama care has the possibility of switching the senate to GOP control more than anything else.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #108
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Silly question. Of course Obama does not want a government shut down. Obama is not the one threatening a government shut down to being with.
    These House whackos would not even consider the shut down if Obama had stood his ground and held to his principles thus far. Because Obama has bent over for Republicans repeatedly, they think he might flinch on this too. But he wont. Because if he flinches this time, we are done with this spineless man, and he knows it.
    Obama will stand his ground, as will Senate Democrats. And if the GOP wants to bring down America it will be on them.
    One good thing will come of it... We will be rid of the GOP corporate puppet machine for good.

  9. #109
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    My second cousin made post on facebook today that said Obama ain't gonna honor the military's pay-checks . . . he ain't gonna cover Social Security checks either. Worse thing ever? He won't make the disability checks good . . . for our disabled vets. Apparently, Obama writes personal checks to all of these people. He controls the purse strings. Go figure . . . I thought Congress wrote the checks. You learn something new everyday.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Does Obama want a government shut down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Silly question. Of course Obama does not want a government shut down. Obama is not the one threatening a government shut down to being with.
    These House whackos would not even consider the shut down if Obama had stood his ground and held to his principles thus far. Because Obama has bent over for Republicans repeatedly, they think he might flinch on this too. But he wont. Because if he flinches this time, we are done with this spineless man, and he knows it.
    Obama will stand his ground, as will Senate Democrats. And if the GOP wants to bring down America it will be on them.
    One good thing will come of it... We will be rid of the GOP corporate puppet machine for good.

    too funny...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •