View Poll Results: Most Reliable News Agency

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • MSNBC

    2 3.51%
  • FOX News

    11 19.30%
  • CNN

    2 3.51%
  • BBC

    9 15.79%
  • Al-Jazeerah

    3 5.26%
  • Le Monde

    0 0%
  • Der Spiegel

    0 0%
  • NPR

    15 26.32%
  • None of the Above

    9 15.79%
  • The Colbert Report

    6 10.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Most Reliable News Agency

  1. #11
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    i disagree. Facts are facts. If one cannot differentiate between facts and slant, so be it.
    Facts are facts, and figures don't lie, but liars figure.
    It all depends on which facts are reported, which are left out, and which are mostly made up.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #12
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    Sometimes the spin can make anyone dizzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    i disagree. Facts are facts. If one cannot differentiate between facts and slant, so be it.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #13
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    I have been getting Al Jazeera for the last 6 weeks or so. I have been impressed with the straight-ahead reporting they do.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  4. #14
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Sometimes the spin can make anyone dizzy.
    Sure but unfortunately people confuse commentary with news and have an insatiable need for bias confirming commentary.

  5. #15
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    I think that explains the existance and popularity of Fox. I know there is another side to that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Sure but unfortunately people confuse commentary with news and have an insatiable need for bias confirming commentary.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #17
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    I'd be hesitant to give this opinion, but I'll say NPR. Colbert shouldn't even be an option.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #18
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    NPR is winning?

    What a joke.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #19
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I'd be hesitant to give this opinion, but I'll say NPR. Colbert shouldn't even be an option.
    "I'd be hesitant to give this opinion, but I'll say Colber. NPR shouldn't even be an option."

    Fixed that for you.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #20
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,960
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Most Reliable News Agency

    Personally, I would say that AP and PBS are the most reliable in terms of giving straight facts (generally speaking).
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •