View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 99 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #981
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Sorry, that's not possible. If a woman chooses NOT TO ABORT. You, like Vik...you're leaving out the object of which the argument is built around. THE KID. Once a conception occurs, a woman cannot be forced to abort. That means in all likelihood there will be a child born.

    No civilized society is going to let a man or woman put their own selfish interest over that of a child that cannot provide for itself, or have a legal voice to defend itself. That's where our judicial system comes in if the man and woman conceive...and a woman is determined to bring to full term the conception.

    The judicial system won't care about the man...or the woman when push comes to shove.

    The KID is the entity being support. That is why...men can cry and bitch and moan all they want if a woman CHOOSES NOT TO ABORT.

    No legislator could justify enacting an Opt Out law. And no legislator could effectively create an enforceable language to create an Opt-Out Law, which a man could automatically declare...foregoing all circumstances, which might possibly alter the ability to declare such an option.

    In other words...if a woman chooses not to abort...and cant be forced to...a child is born....I assure you, the kid will become the first consideration.

    Sorry...to all of the disappointed guys who will have to live with this hardcore reality. And as Smoke and Mirrors has said a number of times. This disparity is all linked to "biology". The story around the biology...will reveal...exactly why men will never be able to legally override a woman's unilateral choice regarding the fate of a conception.
    Society has already let the woman put her "selfish choice" into play by allowing her the absolute right to choose.

    It is NOT about the child, because as CPwill points out, if that were what it was all about there would be NO abortion right at all. It would only occur when the woman's life was in danger, if at all.

    If it were about the child then the woman contemplating having one would be required to make a more informed decision, not an emotional or calculated one. If she knew there were no "safety nets" because the male does not want a child and could legally opt-out, then she still askes herself can she do it all alone?

    Having some experience in CPS you know very well the horrors of dysfunctional families. Men who feel trapped by a "do the right thing" marriage. Women who are angered by men who refused to marry and fight about child support. Children who grow up abused, emotionally disturbed, resentful of being resented.

    This issue is NOT about the children. It is about choice. A woman should not make an irrational choice to have an unwanted child. However, if you are concerned about the child then ask yourself this: If it is not a mutual voluntary choice to have the baby then who will suffer most? The child!

    Society has changed to allow abortion. Society can adjust to a male's right to opt-out.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 09-17-13 at 01:42 AM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  2. #982
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So everyone is responsible for the consequences of their actions except men who father children. Interesting.
    Men should be held responsible for their decision whether or not to become parents, just like women are. You're not talking about "responsibility", you're talking about coercion.

  3. #983
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Society has already let the woman put her "selfish choice" into play by allowing her the absolute right to choose.

    It is NOT about the child, because as CPwill points out, if that were what it was all about there would be NO abortion right at all. It would only occur when the woman's life was in danger, if at all. If it were about the child then the woman contemplating having one would make a more informed decision, not an emotional or calculated one. If she knew there were no "safety nets" because the male does not want a child and could legally opt-out, then she still askes herself can she do it all alone?

    Having some experience in CPS you know very well the horrors of dysfunctional families. Men who feel trapped by a "do the right thing" marriage. Women who are angered by men who refused to marry and fight about child support. Children who grow up abused, emotionally disturbed, resentful of being resented.

    This issue is NOT about the children. It is about choice. A woman should not make an irrational choice to have an unwanted child. However, if you are concerned about the child then ask yourself this: If it is not a mutual volutary choice to have the baby then who will suffer most? The child!

    Society has changed to allow abortion. Society can adjust to a males right to opt-out.
    Of course it's about the children. There is a child who is being denied financial support; whereas with abortion, there is no child.

  4. #984
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Didn't have any "say" in? Are we presuming all these men were raped? Sounds like you're saying that everyone is responsible for the consequences of their actions except men who father children. Interesting.
    You're making the same argument that pro-lifers make against women, that a man made the choice to become a father when he had sex. It's stupid when it's applied to women, and it's just as stupid when it's applied to men. The decision to have sex, the decision to give birth, and the decision to raise children are all separate decisions.

  5. #985
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    You're making the same argument that pro-lifers make against women, that a man made the choice to become a father when he had sex. It's stupid when it's applied to women, and it's just as stupid when it's applied to men. The decision to have sex, the decision to give birth, and the decision to raise children are all separate decisions.
    They're separate decisions but it is known that having sex can produce a child. You play, you pay.

  6. #986
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That's not what you said at first.

    You said,
    "Tell that to the people that think he isn't a father if he walks."

    Then you gave the definition for "parent," not "father."

    A [male] parent IS a father; a father MAY be a parent.

    That's the distinction you don't understand.
    A parent is a father or mother of a child. Culturally speaking all you need to do to be a father or mother is to be a caregiver of a child and biologically speaking all you need to do is to produce a child. So exactly where did I make a mistake again?
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-17-13 at 01:53 AM.

  7. #987
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,499

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Society has already let the woman put her "selfish choice" into play by allowing her the absolute right to choose.

    It is NOT about the child, because as CPwill points out, if that were what it was all about there would be NO abortion right at all. It would only occur when the woman's life was in danger, if at all.

    If it were about the child then the woman contemplating having one would be required to make a more informed decision, not an emotional or calculated one. If she knew there were no "safety nets" because the male does not want a child and could legally opt-out, then she still askes herself can she do it all alone?

    Having some experience in CPS you know very well the horrors of dysfunctional families. Men who feel trapped by a "do the right thing" marriage. Women who are angered by men who refused to marry and fight about child support. Children who grow up abused, emotionally disturbed, resentful of being resented.

    This issue is NOT about the children. It is about choice. A woman should not make an irrational choice to have an unwanted child. However, if you are concerned about the child then ask yourself this: If it is not a mutual volutary choice to have the baby then who will suffer most? The child!

    Society has changed to allow abortion. Society can adjust to a males right to opt-out.
    Again...I disagree. It is impossible to create an "equal legal state"

    You claim it's not about the children. Cool. Well...if it's not, then I suggest that something happened in our legal world that allows women to be forced to abort.

    Otherwise...regardless of the reason for a conception. If a woman can't not be forced to abort...and is determined to bring a conception to full term.

    YES...it is about the child. And neither the selfish interests of man or woman will override the obligations required to support the kid.

    No...society can't create an equal or offsetting law UNLESS the MAN can bear children as well.

  8. #988
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    They're separate decisions but it is known that having sex can produce a child. You play, you pay.
    Then why shouldn't she have to carry it to term? She played, right?

  9. #989
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course it's about the children. There is a child who is being denied financial support; whereas with abortion, there is no child.
    You keep saying that and ignoring every response. The fact of the matter is there are all sorts of situations in which single parent's bear full responsibility for a child, including support. This is not an unusual social situation, even when both parents are still alive. Furthermore, we are discussing the hypothetical of a man having a legal right to opt-out. A woman who can still afford to care for the child alone would still have one, a woman who realized she could not would not.

    As I mentioned to another member long ago in the thread, perhaps some adjustments in how women qualify for full welfare benefits would be necessary, perhaps not. Unilaterally deciding to have a child should not entail forced responsibility on an unwlling partner.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  10. #990
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A parent is a father or mother of a child. Culturally speaking all you need to do to be a father or mother is be a caregiver of a child and biologically speaking all you need to do is produce children to be a parent. So exactly where did I make a mistake again?
    Hey, you're finally catching on. Now maybe you can understand why this comment made no sense in response to mine ...

    "Tell that to the people that think he isn't a father if he walks."

    He isn't a father if he walks ... but he is still a parent.

    Capiche?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •