View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 93 of 150 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #921
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I know it's not fair, but life isn't fair, as I'm sure you know. The only reason why it is the way it is, is because it is the woman's body which has to take the toll of whatever decision is made, therefore she already owns this responsibility. This isn't a conspiracy to make men into slaves, just wanting them to be responsible for their own actions as well.
    Well, if the woman would be responsible for her own actions to begin with, this issue wouldn't even exist. I am amazed at how many women have no strong sense of responsibility for what happens to their own bodies. It frankly just shocks me. I knew this **** when I was 13 years old, and as soon as I decided to become sexually active (5 years later), my ass was in the PPH office to get put on the pill. There was no way in hell that I was going to take such a foolish chance.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #922
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Well, if the woman would be responsible for her own actions to begin with, this issue wouldn't even exist. I am amazed at how many women have no strong sense of responsibility for what happens to their own bodies. It frankly just shocks me. I knew this **** when I was 13 years old, and as soon as I decided to become sexually active (5 years later), my ass was in the PPH office to get put on the pill. There was no way in hell that I was going to take such a foolish chance.
    The same for the man. They should protect their sperm as well. This is not a her fault/his fault issue. This is TWO people who, knowing full well the risks, both decided to take the risk, and now both are responsible.

    That's nice that you got on the pill. Not all children are so self aware, neither are a lot of adults apparently.

    I've agreed many times in the thread that the fact that a woman can decide to abort the child is certainly not always fair to the man involved, but perhaps he should get to know the woman he sleeps with first? Make sure that's the woman he can trust?

  3. #923
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    You're just saying the same as before, but saying it different...not a solution.
    I don't know how else to say it: the problem is that women become mothers when they decide to raise children, and men become fathers... when women decide for them. The law doesn't need to be changed to give men the "right" to force women to abort, it needs to be changed to give them the right to refuse paternity. That is the solution, and it's the only equitable solution.

  4. #924
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The same for the man. They should protect their sperm as well. This is not a her fault/his fault issue. This is TWO people who, knowing full well the risks, both decided to take the risk, and now both are responsible.

    That's nice that you got on the pill. Not all children are so self aware, neither are a lot of adults apparently.

    I've agreed many times in the thread that the fact that a woman can decide to abort the child is certainly not always fair to the man involved, but perhaps he should get to know the woman he sleeps with first? Make sure that's the woman he can trust?
    Ummm, sperm don't require protection, and she is not protecting her ova. She is protecting herself from carrying a baby for nine months, giving birth, and taking care of another human being for 18-20 years.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #925
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Ummm, sperm don't require protection, and she is not protecting her ova. She is protecting herself from carrying a baby for nine months, giving birth, and taking care of another human being for 18-20 years.
    And lizzie, he needs to be responsible for himself too. This is a two-person issue. One is not more at fault than the other. BOTH decided to have sex.

    And yes, if he doesn't want to impregnate somebody, he should take better care of where he puts his sperm, the same as the woman. Both are equally responsible since it takes both to make a baby.

  6. #926
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I don't know how else to say it: the problem is that women become mothers when they decide to raise children, and men become fathers... when women decide for them. The law doesn't need to be changed to give men the "right" to force women to abort, it needs to be changed to give them the right to refuse paternity. That is the solution, and it's the only equitable solution.
    By what authority should men be able to "opt out" of supporting their own children?

  7. #927
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    I can't even believe how retarded this is?! It's HER fault she got pregnant. I think I must be in the Twilight Zone or something. This is SOO stupid and juvenile.

  8. #928
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And lizzie, he needs to be responsible for himself too. This is a two-person issue. One is not more at fault than the other. BOTH decided to have sex.

    And yes, if he doesn't want to impregnate somebody, he should take better care of where he puts his sperm, the same as the woman. Both are equally responsible since it takes both to make a baby.
    Yes, he does need to take responsibility for his own actions, but that's not what the thread was about.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #929
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    I suppose the man must be the victim of the vindictive whore who intentionally got pregnant just so she could have an abortion (or not) and trap the innocent unsuspecting man. Hilariously ridiculous and unrealistic and in denial of the facts of life.

    WE, as a society, concern ourselves with what is BEST for the resultant CHILD. NOT what is best for the man.

  10. #930
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Yes, he does need to take responsibility for his own actions, but that's not what the thread was about.
    Yes it is. It's about allowing a man to abandon his responsibilities. Now I'm done talking about this because I'm getting annoyed now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •