View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 92 of 150 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #911
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Guys, you are just as responsible for a pregnancy as the woman. If you willingly had sexual intercourse, that is a risk you take. This has been a known fact since LONG before there was ever legalized abortions. It is simple and basic biology.

    Let me put this for you guys more simple, as if I was discussing this with a child. When two people have sex together, sometimes they can make a baby, that is why you should always protect yourself by using a condom plus birth control and you are doubly protected if you really don't want to make any babies. If you fail to take these simple precautions, you will more than likely end up making a baby because when your sperm enters a female's vagina, it fertilizes the egg and makes a baby grow. Simple right?

    Hmm, gee...so WHO is it that is going to be receiving the sperm and having the baby again? Oh, yeah...THE FEMALE. So ladies, if you know there is a risk of having a baby if you let a man have unprotected sex with you why don't you just say no? No to sex without a condom? No to sex without also personally using contraception? Or just plain NO to sex entirely until you are married?

    Also, recall...even with all the protection there is still a chance of having a baby, didn't you say that yourself? Neither party wanted it and took all the right steps...soooo shouldn't the woman automatically choose abortion if that was the case?
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  2. #912
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Hmm, gee...so WHO is it that is going to be receiving the sperm and having the baby again? Oh, yeah...THE FEMALE. So ladies, if you know there is a risk of having a baby if you let a man have unprotected sex with you why don't you just say no? No to sex without a condom? No to sex without also personally using contraception? Or just plain NO to sex entirely until you are married?

    Also, recall...even with all the protection there is still a chance of having a baby, didn't you say that yourself? Neither party wanted it and took all the right steps...soooo shouldn't the woman automatically choose abortion if that was the case?
    Exactly, this works both ways and both are responsible. Thank you for acknowledging that simple fact of biology.

    No the woman shouldn't automatically choose abortion. Some women don't believe in abortion.

  3. #913
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    How many people are in the world does not change the nature of the decision when an individual makes it. There could be 2 or 2 billion and pregnancy is still a known result of sex. It's a risk you accept when you have sex.
    A NORMAL consequence of having sex is ALSO an "UNINTENDED CONCEPTION". But it is NOT (and I hope is never) the normal consequence to be forced to have a child.

    Herein lies the most fundamental act of responsibility:

    If a man has a moral opposition to abortion. Then it would be in his best interest...and in the best interest of a woman he has sex with...that she also shares that same moral opposition.

    Likewise...

    A man who believes a woman has the intrinsic right to manage her own health, body, and reproductive role....then he can:

    a) have a relationship with a woman who has a moral opposition to abortion...with the knowledge that if she conceives...he will more than likely become a parent each and every time she conceives.

    OR....

    b) have a relationship with a woman who will make all consideration regarding a unintended conception and act accord to her own devise and will.

  4. #914
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Exactly, this works both ways and both are responsible. Thank you for acknowledging that simple fact of biology.
    True, it does take two to conceive. But if only ONE get's to decide whether to abort or not, the other should get to decide whether to opt-out or not too. The woman should not have the final decision for BOTH parties.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No the woman shouldn't automatically choose abortion. Some women don't believe in abortion.
    Sorry, then your logic fails. Good argument for a legal opt-out right for any male.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 09-16-13 at 11:55 PM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  5. #915
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Sorry, then your logic fails. Good argument for a legal opt-out right for any male.
    No, your proposal would have just awful consequences. I'm sorry you are too near-sighted to see that simple fact.

  6. #916
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, your proposal would have just awful consequences. I'm sorry you are too near-sighted to see that simple fact.
    The one making the unilateral decision to keep a child despite the unwillingness of the other is the one CREATING the "awful consequences." I am sorry you are too near-sighted to see THAT.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  7. #917
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    The one making the unilateral decision to keep a child despite the unwillingness of the other is the one CREATING the "awful consequences." I am sorry you are too near-sighted to see THAT.
    No the awful consequences are men who feel they can walk away from the child that they create. Pathetic. I feel sorry for any woman who would find herself the victim of such a selfish rotten person.

  8. #918
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No the awful consequences are men who feel they can walk away from the child that they create. Pathetic. I feel sorry for any woman who would find herself the victim of such a selfish rotten person.
    THe same could be said for the men who would love to have their child survive to birth, but for them, there is no power at all. The woman has the sole decision-making power, thus she is the one who holds the primary responsibility for prevention, if she does not want to be pregnant. If there were equal say, there should be equal responsibility, but since she holds the power, the responsibility is on her shoulders. If a woman finds herself sleeping with a man whom you would classify as rotten and selfish, she is the one who made that choice, unless she was raped against her will. If men are to be forced to pay, then they should have equal rights in the matter.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #919
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    THe same could be said for the men who would love to have their child survive to birth, but for them, there is no power at all. The woman has the sole decision-making power, thus she is the one who holds the primary responsibility for prevention, if she does not want to be pregnant. If there were equal say, there should be equal responsibility, but since she holds the power, the responsibility is on her shoulders. If a woman finds herself sleeping with a man whom you would classify as rotten and selfish, she is the one who made that choice, unless she was raped against her will. If men are to be forced to pay, then they should have equal rights in the matter.
    I know it's not fair, but life isn't fair, as I'm sure you know. The only reason why it is the way it is, is because it is the woman's body which has to take the toll of whatever decision is made, therefore she already owns this responsibility. This isn't a conspiracy to make men into slaves, just wanting them to be responsible for their own actions as well.

  10. #920
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    THe same could be said for the men who would love to have their child survive to birth, but for them, there is no power at all. The woman has the sole decision-making power, thus she is the one who holds the primary responsibility for prevention, if she does not want to be pregnant. If there were equal say, there should be equal responsibility, but since she holds the power, the responsibility is on her shoulders. If a woman finds herself sleeping with a man whom you would classify as rotten and selfish, she is the one who made that choice, unless she was raped against her will. If men are to be forced to pay, then they should have equal rights in the matter.
    Gee, so all the guy has to do to not give the woman that much power over him is to package his junk before he dunks? Seems there is just as much reason for the guy to take precaution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •