View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 86 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #851
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong

    It still doesn't apply to the unborn
    you still have no answered by question..

    you state the unborn is "NOT A PERSON IN THE 14TH.

    YET..YOU STATE.....THAT IS THE 14TH WHERE IT SAYS "NO STATE", .....THAT IT MEANS ......A PERSON OR A BUSINESS.........how is a "state" a person?

    how do you arrive at this conclusion?

  2. #852
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?Please stay on topic. Discusion of any rights that is not about abortion needs to end. Remember I am watching you!

    Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?-eyeball-jpg
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #853
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    the question is valid, i am asking how he see things, how does he not see one thing yet see another, and yet neither are written.

    its goes to the "mindset" of the man.

  4. #854
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ownership documents of the baby? No one. There are no ownership documents of any person since the ratification of the 13th Amendment. Even after the child is born and almost all of us agree that it has the right to life, there are stil no ownership documents. Does that mean it's not the mother's child, since the mother never ever gets ownership documents?


    It's not a potential baby, it is a baby, by definition.


    The names of the women who made this the public's business are Linda Coffee and Sarah Weddington.
    A baby is a baby when it's born, and it 'belongs' to its mother because she bore it. I'm not into American news, I'm afraid, but as far as I'm concerned, the public's only business with babies is to support them if others can't. What other use has the State?

  5. #855
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    A baby is a baby when it's born...

    It's also a baby before it's born:
    "Child" 1 and "baby" 1 have pre-birth uses.
    A fetus is a "child" 2 and a "baby" 2 is a "child", thus we can call a fetus a "baby" 3.
    Legally a "child" 4 is one's natural offspring, which is what a pregnant woman carries.
    So, a pregnant woman carries her "child", her "unborn child", her "unborn baby".
    This makes her a "parent", specifically, a mother.

    "Organism" = "a living being".
    Human DNA = "human".
    "Organism" + Human DNA = "A Human Being".


    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    ...and it 'belongs' to its mother because....
    That's called slavery, one person belonging to another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I'm not into American news, I'm afraid, but as far as I'm concerned, the public's only business with babies is to support them if others can't. What other use has the State?
    This isn't about the state, this thread is about the father and rather or not he has an inherent universal right to force a woman to stop gestating his child.

  6. #856
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?If you have an issue with, or want to debate about, a moderator warning you may PM the moderator, use the "contact us" button, or vent about it in the basement. Questioning a Moderator warning IN THREAD is against the rules. If it continues action will be taken. Now I suggest everyone stick to the topic


    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the question is valid, i am asking how he see things, how does he not see one thing yet see another, and yet neither are written.

    its goes to the "mindset" of the man.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #857
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    [QUOTE=SmokeAndMirrors;1062320343]



    I'm simply stating reality isn't fair. At present, there is nothing we can do to make it fair without enslaving one sex or the other.
    Like I said. A woman does now choose to be the one with the uterus. She just ended up that way. It makes no sense that a man should have any less responsibility for controlling the outcome than a woman should because they made the same choice (same choice = same risk= same responsibility to control outcome). They also then, have the same responsibility for the outcome of their shared risk. You claim to be a feminist? Feminism does not promote the notion of men getting away with the same **** they have for generations. It holds them accountable for their actions instead of having the OK to use women, abuse women and then walk away like they just jacked off. It is not maximum rights we strive for and have sacrificed for it is equal rights.

    I don't believe a man should have any say over what a woman does with a pregnancy.
    Now here we disagree. I think that is the greater inequity. What if he wants the child an she doesn't? He looses his child. He is limited by anatomy so nature limits his choices not women.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #858
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Like I said. A woman does now choose to be the one with the uterus. She just ended up that way. It makes no sense that a man should have any less responsibility for controlling the outcome than a woman should because they made the same choice (same choice = same risk= same responsibility to control outcome). They also then, have the same responsibility for the outcome of their shared risk. You claim to be a feminist? Feminism does not promote the notion of men getting away with the same **** they have for generations. It holds them accountable for their actions instead of having the OK to use women, abuse women and then walk away like they just jacked off. It is not maximum rights we strive for and have sacrificed for it is equal rights.
    He doesn't, because we're not talking about the uterus. We're talking about what comes out of it, which SHE ALONE is responsible for deciding.

    And if she makes that decision refusing any input from the man -- as is absolutely her right -- then she alone is responsible for the feasibility of that decision.

    You act as though women do not decide to have sex -- they just fumble around until they get surprise-screwed.

    I'm sorry, I believe women are sentient.

    A man will not "use" a woman that way unless he allows her to.

    Now here we disagree. I think that is the greater inequity. What if he wants the child an she doesn't? He looses his child. He is limited by anatomy so nature limits his choices not women.
    Yes, he is limited by anatomy. Too bad, so sad. It's in her body, depleting and harming her.

    However, this is different from who will raise a child after the fact. At that point, it is not harming anyone's body, and it belongs to whoever decides to raise it.

  9. #859
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    He doesn't, because we're not talking about the uterus. We're talking about what comes out of it, which SHE ALONE is responsible for deciding.

    And if she makes that decision refusing any input from the man -- as is absolutely her right -- then she alone is responsible for the feasibility of that decision.

    You act as though women do not decide to have sex -- they just fumble around until they get surprise-screwed.

    I'm sorry, I believe women are sentient.

    A man will not "use" a woman that way unless he allows her to.



    Yes, he is limited by anatomy. Too bad, so sad. It's in her body, depleting and harming her.

    However, this is different from who will raise a child after the fact. At that point, it is not harming anyone's body, and it belongs to whoever decides to raise it.
    This thread is about forcing her to have an abortion, not carry to term.

  10. #860
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This thread is about forcing her to have an abortion, not carry to term.
    Okay. I don't support the idea of a man having a "right" to force a woman to have an abortion, but neither do I support the idea of a woman having a "right" to force a man into fatherhood against his will. Men should have the same right to choose whether or not to become a parent that women have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •