View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 83 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #821
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It doesn't sound idiotic at all. In fact it sounds pretty damed responsable.
    You fathered 6 children ,right?

    There are crack whores with a better record than that
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #822
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Where do you see slavory adressed in that quote?

    Hint: it isn't.
    It sure is
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #823
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    "Person" is found allover the Constitution.
    And it doesn't apply to the unborn
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #824
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    We're all aware of what the law is. What we're debating is what it should be.
    Wrong

    Your argument is based on the fictional "fact" that financial responsibility gets "foisted" on the male

    It doesn't. Both parents are financially responsible for raising their child.

    Being held financially responsible for supporting ones' own child is not enslavement and it is not unfair in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #825
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,177

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong

    Your argument is based on the fictional "fact" that financial responsibility gets "foisted" on the male

    It doesn't. Both parents are financially responsible for raising their child.

    Being held financially responsible for supporting ones' own child is not enslavement and it is not unfair in any way.
    Wrong, that isn't what the thread is about?

    Anyway, it doesn't matter. If she makes the decision alone, without the consent of the man, then she has no right to expect him to pay for it. It wasn't his call.

    Sure is. You're pro-choice, aren't you? Do you want to ban adopting out, and abortion? No? Then you do indeed think that would be enslavement... when it comes to the woman.

    But for some reason, men don't get that consideration.

  6. #826
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Actually Roe vs. Wade was mostly about Doctor's rights.

    It is important to remember that Roe v. Wade did not mean that abortions could be performed. They have always been done, dating from ancient Greek days.

    What Roe said was that ending a pregnancy could be carried out by medical personnel, in a medically accepted setting, thus conferring on women, finally, the full rights of first-class citizens — and freeing their doctors to treat them as such.
    Essay - Doctor Recalls Abortion Complications Before Roe v. Wade - NYTimes.com
    Last edited by minnie616; 09-16-13 at 12:31 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  7. #827
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Wrong, that isn't what the thread is about?
    Wrong again. It is exactly what this thread is about


    Anyway, it doesn't matter. If she makes the decision alone, without the consent of the man, then she has no right to expect him to pay for it. It wasn't his call.
    He doesn't pay for the child. Both parents pay for the child.


    Sure is. You're pro-choice, aren't you? Do you want to ban adopting out, and abortion? No? Then you do indeed think that would be enslavement... when it comes to the woman.
    The laws requiring parents to support their child are not "enslavement"

    The fact that your argument requires so many distortions of fact proves how wrong your position is
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #828
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's obvious you never paid child support, so you don't understand what a farce that is. Using a condom, blah blah blah....doesn't change the right of a woman to have an abortion. No matter what, the pro-choice side can always find some reason to trap the man. This isn't about babies, it's about power. Abortion was started by the feminists who wanted to grab some power. This is one of the ways they got it.
    So making the man pay child support is why women want to have a choice to abort a pregnancy ?

    No, Roe vs Wade is about doctors rights and the right to privacy regarding reproductivity.

    If the woman and man have a good relationship the woman will include the man on major decisions regarding a pregnancy.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #829
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    So making the man pay child support is why women want to have a choice to abort a pregnancy ?

    No, Roe vs Wade is about doctors rights and the right to privacy regarding reproductivity.

    If the woman and man have a good relationship the woman will include the man on major decisions regarding a pregnancy.
    Not sure where you're getting that. Saying the woman pays half the child support isn't saying much actually.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #830
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    So making the man pay child support is why women want to have a choice to abort a pregnancy ?

    No, Roe vs Wade is about doctors rights and the right to privacy regarding reproductivity.

    If the woman and man have a good relationship the woman will include the man on major decisions regarding a pregnancy.
    And women have abortions in order to "trap the man"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •