View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 69 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #681
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No you and the Mod are injecting lies into your arguments.
    Point out where I've lied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Speaking of which, where did he go? Maybe he's actually reading Roe and discovering that slavery is not in there.
    I've already addressed this-- I didn't make reference to Roe v. Wade once; this is a false and irrelevant argument designed, once again, to distract from the real argument, that forced gestation is involuntary servitude and thus slavery. You are still not addressing the argument. Why aren't you addressing the argument?

  2. #682
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    That's not hard to understand at all. You're only speaking from a financial obligation standpoint. It's a hell of alot more complicated than that.
    Only because you make it so. It's not really that complicated.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #683
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    That's not hard to understand at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    But that has nothing whatsoever to do with what I'm saying. If you are going to allow women an out of an unwanted pregnancy, you have to also allow men an out. To do anything else is unfair and unequal. Why is this so hard to understand?
    You're only speaking from a financial obligation standpoint. It's a hell of alot more complicated than that.
    You've confused me by your response to Cephus. Why do you think the concern is only financial? When there is an unwanted pregnancy one of two situations will result: either the man agrees to marry the woman and try to asssume full parental responsibility, or he rejects marriage and is compelled by law to assume financial responsibilities.

    In the first case, where the male is unhappy and only "doing what's right" when he marries the woman; he will resent his position and act out in various ways while he remains tied to the marriage and family scenario. Whether this scenario ends in divorce or not, his attitude while married often results in spousal abuse (intiated by either the man or the woman), child physical and/or emotional abuse, and all sorts of other horrors. If he divorces and tries to start a family with a woman he does "love" this creates further issues, both for his new family and the old one.

    In the second case, even though he tries to avoid further contact he is bound by his child support duties. Thus he is often challenged by the mother in court as the child ages and costs increase. Meanwhile he has to continue to deal with her as she argues, cajoles, negotiates, rants, demands, etc.

    Then there is the child, who naturally wants to know more about the father. Often the mother's anger is reflected in how she instructs the child about why the father wants nothing to do with it. This leads to many emotional issues with the child. We always hear stories of a child seeking out and trying to confront the father at some later time. Finally, all the issues mentioned about a divorced male starting a new family apply to the father who never stuck with the original woman and child. Now any family he tries to start has to deal with these issues too.

    All of this because the woman has an "out" but the man does not.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 09-15-13 at 08:58 PM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  4. #684
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Should a man have an absolute right to have his baby aborted?

    Sure, just as soon a man can get pregnant.
    My sentiments exactly!!


  5. #685
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    If I took an RU-486 pill, I honestly have no idea what would happen!
    You would stop producing progesterone :lam
    And would be treating an ulcer you might or might not have.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #686
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,958
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    It does, but since it's her body which can be affected, it is primarily her responsibility. That being said, when my boys were teenagers, I cautioned them that they would be wise to use birth control methods, as females are often not reliable and/or honest about it, and I made it pretty clear that if they trusted the girl to do so, they could easily be misled and find themselves in a bad situation.
    That manner of thinking assumes the worst of women and ignores the fact that since there are two parties involved and that there is equal responsibility. You can't have a baby without there being two people involved.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  7. #687
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Wow - you just said "we aborted two, gave one up for adoption, and then kept two children . . . and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have any kids at all."
    We put 2 up for adoption. That's 2 aborted, 2 adopted, 2 kept (and 1 miscarried but I didn't mention that. The X still celebrates what would have been his birthday).

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    So - you don't want your children you didn't abort and wish they were never born? Why - BECAUSE OF YOUR EX WIFE?
    Not because of her, no. I knew of a better way to manage things and didn't do it. I don't think "I wish they were never born". I think "I should have don things differently".

  8. #688
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    jerry I don't not believe I was quoting you, about force...will you please provide the quote

    please see post 665
    This all comes from post 672, not 665.

  9. #689
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Why aren't you addressing the argument?
    You come here and claim that pregnancy is savory and demand that others prove you wrong. Do you know the name of that logical fallacy? Would you like a link to it?

    You have to first prove that pregnancy is slavery. Then your argument is addressed.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-15-13 at 09:56 PM.

  10. #690
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This all comes from post 672, not 665.
    jerry, I was stating to you in 672, that I did not say you wanted to use of force, and that it was question, and that question was to...........united from 665

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •