View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 63 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #621
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    The fact that the fetus is growing inside her own body, over which she has full authority. Denying her that authority is deny her the right to her own life and liberty; the State doing so is declaring ownership of her body, and the entity-- whatever entity-- that forces her to gestate a child against her will is reducing her to slavery.
    If "forced gestation" = slavery, then forced abortion = freedom. That's some Team America **** right there; we're gona free the **** out of you!

  2. #622
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If "forced gestation" = slavery, then forced abortion = freedom. That's some Team America **** right there; we're gona free the **** out of you!
    This is completely nonsensical and intellectually dishonest.

  3. #623
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    This is completely nonsensical and intellectually dishonest.
    Yes, your post is completely nonsensical and intellectually dishonest. I agree.

    Did you have something on topic to say?

  4. #624
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    The fact that the fetus is growing inside her own body, over which she has full authority. Denying her that authority is deny her the right to her own life and liberty; the State doing so is declaring ownership of her body, and the entity-- whatever entity-- that forces her to gestate a child against her will is reducing her to slavery.
    ok I accept that, thats very good you know your stuff.

    so this would be a liberty /property right being exercised would it not?

  5. #625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You want to say that X is in a document because someone interpreted such. That's exactly how Young-Earth Creationism got started eventhough the bible itself never says how old the earth is.

    The Constitution does not address abortion. At best abortion falls under the 10th Amendment as a right not enumerated which falls to the people. Abortion is not in the Constitution, and that's why you had to reference Roe v. Wade instead of quote the Constitution directly.
    That you now lie about what I said does nothing more than to reveal just how vacuous your position is. I neither said it was in the Constitution nor wanted to say that, as you falsely portray. I was asked what provides women the authority to get an abortion and I answered, the U.S. Constitution. Since our Constitutional system authorizes a Supreme Court to interpret the U.S. Constitution, their ruling on Roe v. Wade establishes that the Constitution is the authoritative voice which renders abortions legal. There are, of course, a lot of things not specifically mentioned in the U.S. Constitution, yet are established as covered by the Constitution by the U.S. Supreme Court. Like it or not, abortion is one of those things.

  6. #626
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ok I accept that, thats very good you know your stuff.

    so this would be a liberty /property right being exercised would it not?
    A liberty, yes. A property right, no, because her body is not property-- not even her own.

  7. #627
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    A liberty, yes. A property right, no, because her body is not property-- not even her own.
    then who has control over your own body then?

  8. #628
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then who has control over your own body then?
    You do. You have control over it, you have authority over it, but you do not own it, because humans are not property. Your corpse becomes property of your estate after you die, but that is the only case in which a person's body is anybody's property. You can not sell your body.

  9. #629
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    You do. You have control over it, you have authority over it, but you do not own it, because humans are not property. Your corpse becomes property of your estate after you die, but that is the only case in which a person's body is anybody's property. You can not sell your body.

    well what is authority then?

  10. #630
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That you now lie about what I said does nothing more than to reveal just how vacuous your position is.

    I have a position? I thought I was just running round knocking down bull**** arguments. I don't really care who says it or what "side" it's made on, if the argument is bull**** I'll attack it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I neither said it was in the Constitution nor wanted to say that, as you falsely portray.

    Yes you did, post 607, you said your authority for abortion comes from the Constitution, and when asked to cite that part of the constitution you referenced Roe v. Wade, not the Constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I was asked what provides women the authority to get an abortion and I answered, the U.S. Constitution.

    And that's a wrong answer. The Constitution does not give you the authority to have an abortion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •