View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 45 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #441
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,177

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    By expecting him to support children he helped create? Oh the horror.
    Sorry, but I don't buy the "keep your legs shut" BS any more when you're saying it about a man, than I do when you're saying it about a woman.

    If she makes a decision to have a child without his input, why should he be beholden to support the responsibility she has assumed?

    For the record, this works in reverse too. It ain't like abortion is cheap, and she still has no right to expect him to pay for it.

    But it's nice to know at least you're consistent in villainizing the genders, whenever they don't wish to take on a child they can't support.

  2. #442
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Should a man have an absolute right to have his baby aborted?

    In the alternative, should he be granted relief from all legal responsibility if it is his clearly stated wish to abort but the woman decides not to?

    Let me preface my remarks with this disclaimer; I am Pro-Choice and I support a woman’s absolute right to choose to have an abortion for several reasons, including the fact it is the woman who must endure the pregnancy to carry the child to term, and then follows the lifelong responsibility to raise and care for any child born.

    The dilemma occurs when the woman unilaterally decides to have the baby, even when the male does not wish to accept that long-term responsibility.

    In a recent news report, a young man was so desperate not to have a child that he tricked his girlfriend into taking a morning after pill. Now I do not support or condone this action, but it does bring up the thesis issue for me…why does the male partner have no say in a decision to keep the baby?

    When a woman makes the unilateral decision to keep the baby this then compels lifelong legal and emotional obligations on the part of the unwilling father. This creates resentment and recriminations in both parties. By attempting to force the man to marry and/or support both her and the child this only serves to create a negative environment for all concerned, especially for any child to grow up in.

    Since we now have a simple method of aborting in the early stages of the first trimester, without needing an invasive surgery, why should the absolute choice to keep the baby reside with the mother? If it does, why can’t the man be legally relieved of further responsibility to both parties?

    I have offered several voting options, please pick and then explain what do you think? I am especially interested in arguments for why the woman has the sole right to keep the child while making the man permanently responsible.
    So, if I have this straight, you've said you'd jump in the water to save a kid a from drowning *derisive snort* because you're just so pro-human (and me a "human-hater") but when it comes to money, then **** the kid, let him starve. On the other hand you flame the **** out of people that wanted to save their dogs, but it it comes to saving their money, well that's different. Lol.

  3. #443
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If it's your kid you shouldn't have to be coerced. What kind of jackass doesn't want to do what's right by their kid?
    What kind of sociopathic monster has her own kid killed?

    By comparison, that's pretty tame.

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Next time you ask a question where the answer has already been provided, please make sure you quote the entire comment. The answer was already provided to you in that quoted response, and the OP has also made the issue clear.

    If after all the discussion that has gone on you still remain confused, perhaps rereading will clarify it for you?
    No, there was no answer to my question in your post. All your post contained other than the part I was addressing was a failed analogy which doesn't even correlate to the discussion. But hey, if it was your intent to avoid answering the questions asked -- congrats, you succeeded.

  5. #445
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Holy ****! That's about the dumbest thing I ever read here.



    Pregnancy is a potential result of a man and woman having sex. Even when using protection. Any man capable of fathering a child knows this. Other than in cases where either partner is incapable of reproducing, having sex is always consenting to having a child since in those cases, it's always a potential risk. At most, you can contend it was not your intention of have a child, but it's absurd to claim you don't consent to having a child. It's explicit when a man who can produce a child has sex with a woman who can produce a child.

    Try going to court and explaining to the judge you shouldn't have to support your own child because you didn't consent to the having the child, but the condom tore! See how far that gets ya.


    You clearly are confused by the depth of this conversation.
    You don't understand the arguments, get confused by what is said. You even take things out of context and put words into others mouths they did not say. And then have the audacity to complain when you think someone has done it to you.
    I would suggest you run along and try something more in your league.


    Consent to have sex is not consent to have children.

    Which is not the same thing as a court holding one responsible under archaic child support laws because it came from their loins.
    We have already seen where sperm donors have been held liable for support under these archaic laws.
    Not the same thing dude, and just shows how severely you are out of your depth in discussing this issue.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well for one, women were seeking protection over their own bodies; whereas the Million Deadbeat March is about men protecting their own wallets.
    So am I understand the government has authority over your wallets?

  7. #447
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    That's exactly what this is. You saying it isn't doesn't make it so. The time to decide is before pregnancy.

    No, No one has suggested such here.
    That is all your convoluted logic say it is when it isn't.

    Her choice should be all about herself and not anybody else. Period. That is not anywhere near what you suggest.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #448
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Sorry, but I don't buy the "keep your legs shut" BS any more when you're saying it about a man, than I do when you're saying it about a woman.

    If she makes a decision to have a child without his input, why should he be beholden to support the responsibility she has assumed?

    For the record, this works in reverse too. It ain't like abortion is cheap, and she still has no right to expect him to pay for it.

    But it's nice to know at least you're consistent in villainizing the genders, whenever they don't wish to take on a child they can't support.
    This is really hilarious. You get all mad at men for looking at a half naked woman but you're completely fine with men walking away from any responsibility when it comes to the kids and leaving it all on her. Knowing your feelings about kids, I'm not surprised, I guess.

  9. #449
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So am I understand the government has authority over your wallets?
    Try not paying taxes and come back with that question.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    In that you are wrong. The man would be wise to use a condom, especially in circumstances where he does not know much about the woman he is sleeping with.

    However, it is completely up to the woman what she allows the man to do with her body. She makes the rules and he must comply or he does not get to do anything. Nothing you say changes that fundamental fact.
    Again, this may be a "fundamental fact" for you personally. That's about it. I've never had sex with a woman where I had no control.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •