View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 43 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The women seemed to get their rights without calling themselves "the women that want to kill their offspring". Why would this be different?
    Well for one, women were seeking protection over their own bodies; whereas the Million Deadbeat March is about men protecting their own wallets.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Until there's a child born from it, then there's 3 people involved.
    Which changes the argument none.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Consent to sex is consent to have a child.
    No it isn't.

    So again, please provide a SCOTUS ruling saying it is.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #423
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Kinda bummed here to see so many guys in favor of abdicating their responsibility. I'd starve before I let my kid starve. It's also curious to see pro-choicers being ok with financially coercing a woman into making the "choice" he wants her to make.
    Not all of us are. Me, for example.

    It isn't terribly surprising men are more in favor of this. Not because they are men, but because of how the real-world discussion of rights always works.

    This is something that uniquely affects men, in most cases. Thus they are more sympathetic to it. Same reason the majority of pro-choicers are women.

    As to why more women may be against it, again, it's a predictable human reaction that occurs in most discussions of rights: most people want rights without responsibility.

  4. #424
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Kinda to see so many guys in favor of abdicating their responsibility. I'd starve before I let my kid starve. It's also curious to see pro-choicers being ok with financially coercing a woman into making the "choice" he wants her to make.
    It's not coercion to refuse to be coerced.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well for one, women were seeking protection over their own bodies; whereas the Million Deadbeat March is about men protecting their own wallets.
    And in the middle are all the children neither side cares about.

    That's why both prochoice and prolife are wrong.

  6. #426
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,580
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Please don't spin my words into something I didn't say. I didn't say it's not up to the woman. I said it's up to both.
    In that you are wrong. The man would be wise to use a condom, especially in circumstances where he does not know much about the woman he is sleeping with.

    However, it is completely up to the woman what she allows the man to do with her body. She makes the rules and he must comply or he does not get to do anything. Nothing you say changes that fundamental fact.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  7. #427
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    It's not coercion to refuse to be coerced.
    If it's your kid you shouldn't have to be coerced. What kind of jackass doesn't want to do what's right by their kid?

  8. #428
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    being ok with financially coercing a woman into making the "choice" he wants her to make.
    That isn't what is being suggested.
    Her choice should be independent of his.
    If she wants to support a child, than by all means have it.
    But she should not be able to force a burden on a man who doesn't want it either.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #429
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And in the middle are all the children neither side cares about.

    That's why both prochoice and prolife are wrong.
    You want to care about the children, then do so. Don't try to force others to care about that which they do not need to.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You want to care about the children, then do so. Don't try to force others to care about that which they do not need to.
    Why not?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •