View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 41 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Lake I have a million times, both have responsibility. The man and the woman because both contributed to the creation of a child. If a guy slips it in without cover he is just as responsible.
    And yet they don't. One has months to get out of their responsibility, while the other doesn't. It's funny how that abortion thing keeps getting in your way and yet your argument stays the same.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A male has just as much right to have an abortion as a female does. No one, male or female, has the right to interfere with another persons decision to have an abortion





    No man or woman has the right to not be financially responsible for their child.
    I love how this view doesn't even begin to make sense. She has the right to kill her offspring, but no one has the right to walk away. Is this supposed to be a joke or do people really not realize how backwards it is?

  3. #403
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's going to change?? Men are going to start carries the fetus?
    How cute, you pretending like you can't follow along.
    Like you do not know that the one word answer of "wrong" was directed to your absurdity.
    And yes, it is going to change.

    So lets provide the exchange to show everybody how absurd you are being by pretending you can't follow along.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And again, if the man doesn't want the burden, he had his chance to back out of the deal.
    Only if we give him the same choice she has and not let her burden him with her choice.
    Which will be the case when he carries a fetus.
    Wrong!
    It is unfair as it is and it is going to change. It is nothing more than a matter of time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're deluded,

    No, your position that consensual sex is somehow consent to have a child, is what is deluded.
    Especially if either one are using contraceptives.
    Consent to have sex is not consent to have a child.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're deluded, nothing is going to change.
    Wrong! The change has already been noted in this forum alone.
    It is just a matter of time.
    You are deluded to think otherwise.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Men are not going to get pregnant ...
    You are the only one squawking such absurdities.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    men are not going to get the option to evade their financial responsibilities.
    How little you know.
    This isn't an evasion. This is about choice.
    Those who want it will take on the responsibility, those who don't, wont have to, as there would be no responsibility to take it on.

    Presently, the only responsibilities that exist, are those that were artificially created.
    Created before women had the choice.
    Just as they were artificially created, they can be undone.
    Especially to come into line of the decision to give women that choice.
    That is called progress, which I am sure you are aware of.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're only chance is that abortion will be outlawed, but aside from being highly unlikely, you will never be able to prevent a woman from aborting a fetus she doesn't want.
    Where do you come up with this ****?
    Are you confused? Or is this just more of your convoluted and delusional thoughts?
    Hell, it is like you do not even know what is being argued.
    No one has argued such.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You ought to coordinate a march in Washington ... the Million Deadbeat March!
    You clearly are seriously confused as to what is being discussed.





    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A ZEF is never a clump. Its an organism. They're not the same. An organism is structured, a mass or clump is not.
    Wrong.
    In the beginning, it is a clump. Also known as a mass.
    As already shown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    When the law debases its own authority it is void. Killing has to be justified. Not rationalised, justified, as in that person was an iminent threat to you. Whenever a killing is not justified, it is murder regardles of what the law says.

    This may come as a suprise to some people but the law can be wrong.
    Sorry, you are still wrong.
    A justification is nothing more than a rationalization for an action.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Since child support is a right of the child the courts will void your contract on the grounds that parents cannot sign away their child's rights.
    Which is another thing that will change.
    If the planet ever becomes overcrowded you can be damn sure that governments will start requiring abortions. Which really shows that what is best for the a clump of cells is subjective.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Unles a court has declaired you to be mentaly incompetent, you know that pregnancy is a risk of sex. By having sex you are accepting the risk of pregnancy. That's called implied consent.

    Yes, when you have sex you are consenting to pregnany.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    From conseption on the ZEF is a human organism, which means its a "person", which means killing it without justification is murder.

  6. #406
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Unles a court has declaired you to be mentaly incompetent, you know that pregnancy is a risk of sex. By having sex you are accepting the risk of pregnancy. That's called implied consent.

    Yes, when you have sex you are consenting to pregnany.
    Which is irrelevant to the the argument about fairness and choice.

    But since you think it is, please provide a SCOTUS ruling saying so.
    Last edited by Excon; 09-14-13 at 06:17 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #407
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    From conseption on the ZEF is a human organism, which means its a "person", which means killing it without justification is murder.

    It doesn't mean any such thing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which is irrelevant to the the argument about fairness and choice.
    Hold up.

    You seriously don't see how giving consent is relevant to choice?

  9. #409
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hold up.

    You seriously don't see how giving consent is relevant to choice?
    You hold up.
    The argument is that she gets a choice which may burden him.
    That is not fair. And she should not be able to place a burden on anybody but herself.
    So to make it fair, he should have the same effective right to choice.

    And consenting to sex is not consent to have a child.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Circular arguments have no value is a discourse. Please try again.

    I don't think men are "powerless," I know this for a fact. All a man can do is try to persuade a woman to engage in sex. The law already prevents him from forcing her.

    Women are well-aware that any male they allow to pass their "heavenly gates" is only there on a "visitors pass." Whatever he leaves might end up "trespassing" in there. So it is up to her to control visitation rights.

    There are no two ways around it. The WOMAN has absolute control; whether or not she completely surrenders it is up to her.
    No, you don't know that for a fact. Perhaps you speak from personal experience, so it's a fact for you, but that's not how it is for everyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •