View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 37 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #361
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    A man has 100% exactly the same rights and duties - economically and otherwise - as a woman. There are NO exceptions. IF a man became pregnant, he absolutely has a right to an abortion or have the child - and the woman could not dictate to him either way. IF he had the child despite her wanting him to abort it, she still would be economically liable.

    Otherwise, upon birth a woman and man both have an identical economic obligation in law to the child, regardless of who gave birth to it.

    Otherwise, yes I recognize that the welfare of children are irrelevant to you and it all is just a power struggle between the man and the woman to you.

    There is EXACTLY the same legal rights and restrictions. There is NO medical procedure a woman can force a man to undergo nor prevent him from having. There is NO medical procedure a man can force a woman to undergo or prevent her from having.

    The core premise of the OP is a TOTAL LIE.

    There is NO legal inequality WHATSOEVER between men and women in terms of abortion, medical procedures or economic liabilities for children they make. None. NEITHER OF THEM can force the other to undergo any medical procedure the person does not want. NEITHER OF THEM can prevent the other from any medical procedure the person wants. BOTH OF THEM have EXACTLY the same economic liabilities for a child he and she makes.


    The only reason some men see non-existent inequality is because they believe they should have a right to shove women around and make them do what they want them to do for their own sake. And, as we see, some men absolutely don't give a damn about children, including their own.

    If you see it as "unfair" that YOU can't get pregnant against your wishes and then have get to have an abortion, bitch at God or evolution about it.
    That is the silliest argument I have seen so far. It is the same fuzzy logic used by opponents of same-sex marriage. Take a look:

    "Homosexuals already have the same rights as heterosexuals, because a gay man can marry a woman, and a lesbian can marry a man. Granting them the right to marry someone of the same sex is giving them a 'special right.'" Sound famiiar??

    It takes TWO to make a baby. Only ONE gets to decide whether or not to have it. Those of us who support Pro-Choice recognize and accept this right because it is the woman's body and she has absolute contol over it. However, if she chooses to keep the baby she has just made a LIFE CHOICE for ALL parties. The baby has no say in whether or not to be aborted, and the man has no say in whether or not to abort the baby. Fine.

    BUT if the woman chooses to have the child against the will of the man, he should have the right to be legally absolved of all responsibility. The woman should take this into consideration before attempting to tie him, her, and their prospective child into a permanent knot of obligations. She has made the decision unilaterally to abort...the male suffers in silence. She makes the decision to have the baby, the male should have the right to choose: to agree or to be free.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 09-14-13 at 04:05 PM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    That is the silliest argument I have seen so far. It is the same fuzzy logic used by opponents of same-sex marriage. take a look:

    "Homosexuals already have the same rights as heterosexuals, because a gay man can marry a woman, and a lesbian can marry a man. Granting them the right to marry is giving them a 'special right.'"

    It takes TWO to have a baby. Only ONE gets to decide whether or not to have it. Those of us who support Pro-Choice recognize this because it is the woman's body and she has absolute contol over it. However, if she chooses to keep the baby she has just made a LIFE CHOICE for ALL parties. The baby has no say in whether or not to be aborted, and the man has no say in whether or not to abort the baby. Fine.

    BUT if the woman chooses to have the child against the will of the man, he should have the right to be legally absolved of all responsibility. The woman should take this into consideratin before tying him, her, and their prospective child into a permanent knot of obligations.
    ONLY if he notifies of his intentions before the sexual act takes place.

  3. #363
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    That is the silliest argument I have seen so far. It is the same fuzzy logic used by opponents of same-sex marriage. Take a look:

    "Homosexuals already have the same rights as heterosexuals, because a gay man can marry a woman, and a lesbian can marry a man. Granting them the right to marry someone of the same sex is giving them a 'special right.'" Sound famiiar??
    Nope, not the same

    The laws prohibiting SSM are discriminatory by definition because they allow/proscribe an individuals freedom to marry based on sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    ONLY if he notifies of his intentions before the sexual act takes place.
    Not even then.

  5. #365
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    ONLY if he notifies of his intentions before the sexual act takes place.
    But ONLY if SHE tells him she wants to have a baby before the sexual act takes place.

    ChrisL, the woman is in control. All she has to do is refuse sex until he puts on a condom.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  6. #366
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    But ONLY if SHE tells him she wants to have a baby before the sexual act takes place.

    ChrisL, the woman is in control. All she has to do is refuse sex until he puts on a condom.
    All he has to do is get a vasectomy.

    And dip himself in latex
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    But ONLY if SHE tells him she wants to have a baby before the sexual act takes place.

    ChrisL, the woman is in control. All she has to do is refuse sex until he puts on a condom.
    By the same token, all the man has to do is refuse sex until he puts on a condom.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Interesting!
    You say I said it wasn't an organism because I called it a clump of cells.
    That was your argument. It was wrong. So of course it harmed your argument.

    You also argued, "It is never a clump.", which we also know is wrong.

    Of course it has harmed your argument. You were and are wrong in what you asserted.

    Should I go on?
    A ZEF is never a clump. Its an organism. They're not the same. An organism is structured, a mass or clump is not.

    This theory of yours of killing vs murder is ridiculous on it surface.
    It is only murder when the killing is illegal, which is defined by law. Not you.
    Which further harms your argument, as you are wrong.
    When the law debases its own authority it is void. Killing has to be justified. Not rationalised, justified, as in that person was an iminent threat to you. Whenever a killing is not justified, it is murder regardles of what the law says.

    This may come as a suprise to some people but the law can be wrong.

  9. #369
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Nope, not the same

    The laws prohibiting SSM are discriminatory by definition because they allow/proscribe an individuals freedom to marry based on sex.
    Silly rabbit; trix are for kids, and not for debate.

    It is exactly the same. You are denying a male the right to CHOOSE if he wants to keep a baby or not. There are many men who would choose to keep a baby that a woman has elected to abort. Since it is her body, it is her absolute right to say NO!

    However, when a woman tells a man who unintentionally got her pregnant that she is going to have that baby, then those men are now denied their right NOT to be tied to her and a baby for the rest of their lives. Sex should not be a "trap."
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    But ONLY if SHE tells him she wants to have a baby before the sexual act takes place.

    ChrisL, the woman is in control. All she has to do is refuse sex until he puts on a condom.
    All HE has to do is put on a condom. He has just as much if not even MORE control over his putting on a condom than she does. Actually, I don't think a condom really effects sex for a female and can sometimes even feel better with some of the added features they have nowadays,. A lot of times it's men who don't want to wear a condom for sensation purposes.

    Besides, pregnancies DO occur with condoms sometimes. Accidental pregnancies happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •